• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Friend or Foe?
    Ganymede awoke suddenly, the intense pain of battle permeated his worn muscles. He stretched his long legs in an attempt to relieve the tension. He gave a half hearted sniff into the air and could swear he caught the scent of another horse he didn't allow his instantaneous irritation to cloud his judgement not all horses were here to fight him. He was here to make comrades first and foremost....but that did not mean that  he would back away from a confrontation. Ganymede nickered a greeting assuming the foreign horse's intentions were that of peace..... But he stayed alert and ready for a confrontation if that is what the other horse was searching for.

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

Magnus had just entered the field when he heard the other stallion’s greeting. Angling his handsome, wide head toward the source of it, he found the paint stallion. For a second, his scarred mouth turned downward in the corner, the stallion frowning in thought, before he shrugged and made his way over to him. It was not often that he was greeted first; he may as well take advantage of it.

Coming to a stop several feet from the other, he gave a shadow of a smile. “Hello there.” He assessed the other stallion briefly, pleased to see that the other seemed strong—as if he had seen battle before. The Gates could certainly use more stallions of that nature joining their ranks. “My name is Magnus.”

The buckskin stallion was happy to see the influx of new faces in the field every day. There had been a time when days would go by without so much as a word within the borders of this land; it was a dangerous time—one where Beqanna had sat upon the brink of extinction. But now, there was new life, new souls, and he was doing his best to introduce them to the Gates whenever he could. If even a handful of them chose to call Heaven home, he considered them lucky. Luckier still if they chose to fight for her.

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    As Ganymead drew closer to the other stallion his eyes flew wide, he was probably the biggest stallion Ganymead had ever encountered and certainly appeared as if he'd seen war. The buckskin stopped several feet from Ganymead,and twisted his scarred mouth into a smile, it was mildly unsettling it didn't seem to be a gesture that he made often. But Ganymead took it at face value.Ganymead was about to start the conversation when the buckskin stallion beat him to it with a "Hello there" followed by the other stallion quickly analyzing him and appearing pleased with what he saw.It took him a moment to realize the other stallion had introduced himself by saying that his name was Magnus, the name suited him well he was massive. Ganymead returned his smile and responded "Pleased to meet you Magnus, I am Ganymead" he gave Magnus a moment in case he hadn't heard him before following up with "What brings you here Magnus?" He wanted his words to appear to be just out of curiosity, not that they weren't, but the underlying meaning of his words were that he wanted to understand Magnus's intentions.

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

Magnus may be physically imposing, but it wasn’t normally for his size. He wasn’t a particularly large stallion, but he was broad and rugged. His muscles were hard, lean, and his coat was a topography of scars. Still, it wasn't something that he thought of often. He appreciated that his body had been bred of and proven in war, but that was simply a fact that he took for granted. It just was—always had been.

One corner of his mouth twitched at the stallion’s question; this certainly was a day for the tables to be turned. That was normally his favorite question. “Nice to meet you, Ganymead.” It seemed clear that the other was new to Beqanna, which seemed to be more and more frequent these days. It made the recruiting process a little different, since it was part educational, but Magnus did not mind. It was worth it.

“Well, I generally come to the field to help those who are looking to find a home.” He waited a beat, watching the other with a curious gaze. “What about you? Are you looking for somewhere to live?” It seemed like an obvious question, but one that deserved to be asked. Perhaps the other came to the field out of curiosity or because he was looking to start a herd; it wasn’t Magnus style to assume. “If you are new to Beqanna, I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have about our way of life.”

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]