• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The sun goes down; the stars come out
    Sakari, as she found the mare to be called, seemed engaged by her proposal. Meanwhile, the stallion seemed to be going about his business, somewhere in the background. Pevensie ignored him, as she often ignored men, thinking him awfully rude not to properly engage in their conversation. She twitched her ears toward him on the odd occasion, but he too seemed to be disengaged with their female talk. Probably best to let him be, she thought to herself, turning her full attention back towards her pretty white Arabian friend.

"The Deserts isn't too far from here. I'd try to explain the benefits of such a lovely home, but doubtlessly my words would fall short of its true splendour. It's the light mythical kingdom, but by no means is it necessary to possess any such powers to reside. In fact, if you do choose to make it your home, work your way through the ranks, your service may even be rewarded with a gift of your choice," she says with a soft smile, thinking fondly of her present home.

She turns back, looking at her right haunch, the sunlight tattoo upon it faded dark in the shadow of the moon. "I myself was born ordinary. It was chance and nothing more than gave me the ability to bend sunlight, but there are far more important qualities.". She looks the grey-white mare in the eye now, her brown eyes fixated with an intense passion, a longing. "The Deserts value love, loyalty and service far more than any magic abilities. That is the true mark of a worthy member of our kingdom." Pride, kindness radiate from her now. Her smile grows, the more she talks about her home. Sure, the Deserts might not want her to be their next Queen, she would be the first to understand when she is not worthy of the position, but it doesn't mean she will stop loving her home. It is not her first home, not even her greatest love, but she still owes them her loyalty and kindness. They have shown her no less, in all these many years.

Messages In This Thread
    The sun goes down; the stars come out - by Sakari - 04-04-2015, 03:29 PM
    RE: A new day is dawning - by Aziz - 04-06-2015, 02:50 AM
    RE: The sun goes down; the stars come out - by Pevensie - 04-06-2015, 11:52 AM