• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Can You Withstand Her Gaze?
    Paralyzer

I'd decided to come back. It was a decision I hadn't taken lightly and probably would't stick. Who would want to come back to the world of the living. The world where you were drawn in, and tricked into caring about others. The same world that could take things away as easily, and quickly as it gave them. In all honesty, 6 months wasn't that long of a time to be gone. However,  it engrains a certain hardness into your system. A new perspective. A perspective where life and death become the only factors on your mind. The fight or flight sense becomes so perfected that it reaches a point of becoming a sixth sense, and everything is evaluated to the smallest detail. Connections or 'friends', now seem like a burden, a liability, something I couldn't risk. So why was I coming back? Why bring myself back into the world that I seemed to have such a distaste for?  It was quite simple really. I was bored.

My coat had frozen particles stuck to each, individual, chestnut coloured hair. My deep hazel eyes scoped the world in front of me. I could almost blend in perfectly to an autumn backdrop, if it weren't for the large white land mass on my face. I've heard it looked like Africa, whatever an Africa is. The frosty bite of winter brought me back from my thoughts. I could feel Jack Frost's tendrils slowly freezing my throat with each breath of morning air, and it sent a cold chill down to my core. Each step seemed to be weighed down. Each thought a bit slower. Deciding whether to continue on my path or find a better one seemed to take hours when in actuality it was calculated within seconds. The field was covered in snow, dispersed unevenly because the wind had played with it. I decided to stick closer to the middle where the snow was shallow. The deeper snow being near the tree line, where it had gotten caught and the less friendly horses seemed to be scattered amongst the dark shadows. They didn't scare me. Nothing scared me.

I am goal orientated. Today my goal is self involved. I was headed to where water fell from high heights into the now frozen lake. A magnificent sight that I wanted to see at least once before being whisked back into the shadows. I also like to be efficient. Surely I wasn't the only one with the incentive to see this sight. Killing two birds with one stone seemed all but to perfect.
    (11-29-2015, 10:11 AM)Daey Wrote:

daey

if you despise my existence, I hold no grudge but to protect
    those precious to me, I will make no such promises

Exhaling a deep sigh the pale boy once again find himself recruiting, he had now only two mares in his herd and it would be even better if he had three. Red jewels stirred as he searched through the vacant array of snow, lobes perked curiously catching the pigmented color of a chestnut mare. Shuffling through the shallow snow, he clumsily made his way over to the damsel, taking his time his mind floated upon what to say, what would be a good pick up line? But perhaps all he needed was her attention upon his blood red eyes and then she would gladly come with him. It seemed to work with Zelia.

As he got closer the pink skinned stallion gently strode towards her, she seemed to be looming over the newly frozen lake and if possible any close steps would upon it will allow it to crack below her feet. Quickening his step, he strode towards his head swaying in a friendly manner,"Beautiful isn't it?' he spoke in a poetic tone. "How such a graceful sight can be frozen in time?" his alabaster tail lashed at the chilled wind filtering small pieces of airborne ice onto his shortened coat.

His crimson hues locked with hers, " I'm Daey, at your service." he bowed his head in a polite greeting. Only to lift his cranium up briefly accessing her build he spoke once more, " What brings you to the field at such a bitter season?" he didn't exactly like winter because his coat wouldn't grow some times and he would be left in the damp cold at nights where he couldn't sleep due to his insomnia. The only thing that brought him warmth was meeting new faces, metaphorically of course.

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

Winter was indeed settling into Beqanna. It made the usually bustling noise of the field somehow more muffled, each noise quiet and smothered beneath the frigid air. As he touched down on the edge of the land, he took a deep breath, the exhale pluming in front of him. There was something peaceful about coming to the field when it was like this, and he felt his pulse slowing to a steady rhythm. The ground beneath him was not yet frozen, but he could feel the frost crunching beneath his hooves, and he could feel the slick areas where ice was beginning to form. In time, the frost would claim the rest of the green.

Smiling down at it, he glanced up in time to see the mare and Daey approach shortly after. His first encounter with the red-eyed stallion had not gone smoothly, but it had appeared that Daey was trying to make amends by the end of it, so Magnus did not harbor any ill-will. Still, he thought it would be worth checking in on him—and meeting the newest mare to come into the field seemed like a bonus.

Moving quietly toward them, he approached with his handsome head held slightly down, his scarred lips pulling into a ghost of a smile. “Hello to you both,” his voice was husky, throaty, and well-worn. He had long since lost the rust from years of disuse. “My name is Magnus,” he directed to the mare, before he turned to Daey. Watching him for a few beats, he nodded. “It is a pleasure to see you again, Daey.” There was a hint of steel in his words, not exactly a warning, but caution sign that could easily be missed. And then he fell silent, waiting for Paralyzer to answer the question—wondering what the answer would be.

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    [quote pid='17349' dateline='1448809866']

daey

if you despise my existence, I hold no grudge but to protect
    those precious to me, I will make no such promises

The pale boy's jaw silently grinded at the sight of Magnus, crimson jewels studied the bold eagle winged brute. Pearl lobes turned to a neutral tone, he didn't like intrusions but that was one of the prices that came with recruiting. He couldn't choose who he encountered while recruiting in the field but he sure would of loved to see Lupei. Although his last encounter the the lupine brute didn't go smoothly he enjoyed the teasing that the male allowed in the fight for Dragonglass. Surely Magnus seemed the least inviting of all of them or was it just his grudge upon mythics?

Staring at his competitor in a challenging manner daringly, a fight would either break out if tensions would begin to rise with this quick action. " Hello Magnus." he spoke in his usual tone rasped and rough it seemed to send chills down spines for most, yet to others it was unnatural almost ghostly like. Raising a brow he clenched his jaw flaring pink tinged nostrils as a fair warning in return to his greeting.

It was definite that Magnus knew what he was capable of, he could be explosive at times even cruel if he allowed his repulsive instinct of isolation to simply turn on with a flick. Yet surely things would get hostile if he offered if he offered her the Gates, he didn't hate the place it's just his herd needed numbers it was low as every new population is. Yet he would keep his temper down for as long as he could hold, he was surely a flexible individual, shown in allowing dragonglass to join both his herd and a kingdom, was his flexibility at it's greatest.

[/quote]
    OC: Oh Laura, he's trying so hard to be better than Magnus but obviously he's not.... What an arrogant little fellow yet, I just love him.
    Hi,

Has this horse been joined? I don't see any record of it on the join board. Please make sure you join your character before posting any more. Thanks!
    Paralyzer

I heard the soft crunch of snow behind me, the odd slip and stutter that came with each step, ‘Beautiful isn’t it?’. I turned my gaze his way, and immediately noticed his appearance. Blood red eyes. That was a new one.‘How such a graceful sight can be frozen in time?’ I looked off towards the falls, they did seem to be frozen in time. Defying the odds, freezing in random spots and places, which would surely begin to break down the rock wall it fell from. “That, that it is.” The words rolled off my tongue in a stutter at first. I hadn’t needed to use words when I was aloof, and the way they fell made me sound rusty. I chuckled to myself, what an interesting thought. To be rusty at one of the gifts we were given to use everyday.

‘I’m Daey, at your service.’ He even gave me a little bow. How exciting it was to be back. “I’m Paralyzer,” I replied, making sure to slip a smile in. ‘What brings you to the field at such a bitter season?’ I thought about this for a moment. Trying to figure out what to say to him. I could make up a story. I could tell a little white lie to make things interesting. ‘Hello to you both,’ the owner of the voice had snuck up on me and I jumped slightly. ‘My name is Magnus,’ his voice was one of experience, clear and precise. I gave him a nod of acknowledgement before his gaze shifted to Daey’s. ‘It is a pleasure to see you again, Daey,’ his words hid a silent message, but I missed it. I was caught up in looking at the buckskins appendages. Wings. I’d never seen wings before, I looked away quickly so he wouldn’t catch me staring and I let my brain quickly refocus on the conversation happening in front of me. ‘Hello Magnus.’ The words came out thick, almost icy, and then there was silence. So they knew each other, and it made me wonder what had caused them to cross paths. A mare most likely. I gave a quick glance to both of them, wondering if they’d be able to keep it under control long enough to get a conversation in.

I decided to take their silence as a chance to answer Daey’s previous question, “I don’t find it to be that bitter, the sun is shinning and that’s good enough for me. As to why I’m out here,” I chuckled to myself, “I’m here to see the falls of course.” I stepped even closer to the edge, allowing my hooves to touch the surface, scratching their pristine layering. I wonder if the water beneath was attainable. I pressed down, hoping for the ice to crack slightly and it did with the spring weather beginning to settle in. “What brings you boys here, surely it isn’t the finer things in life.”

ooc: I registered her in like May when I thought I'd be able to have the time to be active, unfortunately my job took over my life, but now I have the time
    I see, sorry for the confusion. I suggest posting under a horse account in the future Smile Thanks!

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

It wasn’t that Magnus disliked Daey—he hardly knew the other—but he had disliked the way he had behaved in their previous encounter. Magnus was of the opinion that the Field should be a place of choices. It should be a place of opportunities. It was a place where individuals could arrive and talk to souls from all walks of life and homes and then find the one that suited them best. While Magnus hoped that the horses he talked to would want to take up residence in the Gates, he knew that his kingdom was not a good match for everyone—and he was grateful to be given the chance to help them find that right fit.

When he had seen Daey trying to limit Dragonglass’ options—well, he wasn’t pleased. Of course, that didn’t mean he would break into a fight. Instead, he just gave the other stallion a nod and turned his attention to the mare. “It is indeed beautiful today,” he responded, watching with a smile as she pawed at the almost frozen surface. “As for my reasoning, I enjoy my daily treks to the Field. It’s a time to meet new souls—and, hopefully, help them find a home if that is indeed what they want.”

He shrugged his powerful shoulders. “If they aren’t though, I just enjoy the conversation. I consider that one of the finer things in life.” Magnus had been raised among the warrior Amazon women, and he learned to love everything about them. He loved a mare’s strength—their kindness, intelligence, fierce beauty. Being around mares brought out the best of him, and getting the chance to come to the Field every day to spend a few hours in their presence was one of his favorite activities.

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]