• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

pretty sure the world will end in goo. EVRAE, CONT'D
    We do what we must,
    Because we can.

Camrynn likes Evrae.

Not in the same way she liked Eight (although, I feel like Cam would be willing to give that a try), but in a friendly kind of way. They see the world the same way – it is their oyster, their playground, theirs to tamper with more or less as they chose. The majority of horses in Beqanna would never know what it's like to be them. The world is their puppet show, and they're pulling the strings.

She nods as Evrae comments on ruling and on the disasters. She can see how it would be, although she knows nothing of it herself. Although she might – she thinks for a moment about the competition in the Deserts, what she's agreed to do, what it might mean. But she shrugs it off quickly enough. Who knows what she'll meet in the Deserts, but she's quite confident she's up to the challenge.

Evrae speaks of the stallion Depp, and she plucks some images of him from someone's memory. She smiles at the story, watches with interest as the magic-woman begins to change and morph. And when she finishes speaking, Camrynn chuckles. "The great blueberry dragon." She smiles a wry grin. "I'm half tempted to lick you." She pauses for a moment, and then frowns ever so slightly. "You know, I think something's missing here."

And even as she speaks, the atmosphere of the hidden cave begins to shimmer and change. A castle rises behind Evrae, complete with guards and a princess. The stone is meticulous and very real – whether Camrynn has plucked it from her imagination or some strange alternate timeline is impossible to say.

Even Camrynn herself is dressed more for the occasion. She is your textbook unicorn, pure white with a long horn, flowing white mane and tail. She looks beautiful, in a simple way, but in a way that's very fitting for their new setting. Who knows where Camrynn got it – somewhere out in the world some human or horse dreamed this into being, and Camrynn caught wind of the dream and has now decided to weave it into reality.

After all, someone had given Evrae the idea of a dragon. Why not the idea of a castle too?

Behind Evrae the humans in the castle are stirring themselves into a panic over the dragon that has suddenly appeared in their midst. But they're also unable to find even a single weapon to raise against it (Camrynn had either neglected to give them weapons, or removed any that might have been there). "Much better." the girl laughs, her voice still her own despite her changed form. "Although in retrospect, perhaps I should've made myself a dragon too."

C A M R Y N N
    Why? Because I can

Image copyright MariannaInsomnia