• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll burn this whole city down; michaelis
    She's been feeling … melancholic, as of late.  And really, it’s her daughter’s fault.  Lyris had never expected to have children, had never wanted them.  She’d always thought of children as annoying, mewling little obnoxious things that are damn near impossible to get rid of.

And then she’d had Lexa.

The little spotted girl had been a pleasant surprise.  Quiet, cautious, well-mannered - everything Lyris is not.  The girl had been a pleasure to raise.  

But now Lexa is an adult, or at least, almost an adult, and becoming more independent by the day.  And Lyris is, much to her own surprise, starting to miss having a child tagging along at her heels.  But Lexa is busy with her own business these days.

So instead, Lyris has come here to the meadow.  To find a distraction.

No one interests her right off the bat, so she walks.  Her feet carry her aimlessly about the meadow, on and on until she reaches the sandy beaches of the lake.  She walks forward until her hooves sink into the calm lake waters, then stops.  Her orange-flecked eyes stare blankly across the dark waters.  She definitely needs a distraction.
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

Melancholic Lyris is a huge struggle to write. Sorry for the horribleness. D:
    Burning on, just like a match you strike to incinerate the lives of everyone you know.
    And what's the worst you take from every heart you break? And like
    the blade you stain, well, I've been holding on tonight.

The shadow child wasn’t a stranger to empty nest syndrome. He hasn’t seen Lujza or Baptiste in years. Nebibi decided to strike out on her own and even his blue girl Wayra has left his side. He didn’t have a permanent home that he could surround himself with the same people every day. Michaelis made his home in the meadow where he was raised - where nameless others constantly passed to and fro through.

He hasn’t found many that he would consider to be his. But perhaps that was due to his selective nature than any lack of opportunity that may have presented itself. He’d prefer his chosen few to remain gathered at his side but he knew they wouldn’t flourish unless they were free to do as they pleased. Reluctantly, this leaves him without his treasures on hand and available for his admiring perusal.

Mismatched eyes scan the meadow for interesting or even familiar faces. They linger on a lone mare that stood in the shallow waters of a small lake. But this was a face he’s met before. Delightedly, he begins to head straight towards her. He mentally picks up a smooth stone on his way and skips it out on the water a couple of feet away from where she stands.

He smoothly slides to a halts alongside her and joins the spotted mare in the waters. Flashing her a smug grin, he nudges her shoulder in greeting.

I notice you’re grounded today.

Michaelis
    ( The Shadow Child )
    Luckily, a distraction soon appears to her.

A dark shape approaches and her head wheels around, ears flicking back to show her irritation. But they relax when she realizes who it is. Her frown turns into an awkward smile and she nods her head in greeting as he steps into the shallows to join her.

“Not really in the mood for it today, to be honest.” She doesn’t elaborate further. While she had enjoyed Michaelis’ company during the last time they met, she still doesn’t know the odd stallion very well. She doesn’t feel terribly inclined to share her melancholy with him. But maybe she can entertain … or at least flirt. “But I can always oblige if you’re in the mood for a show!”

Her eyes follow the stone that skips out over the water and her smile relaxes. Telekinesis. He probably could have flown himself, last time they met. This guy really is full of surprises. “What about yourself? Your shadows don’t appear to be following your right now.” She turns and grins at him. “And where did you disappear off to anyway? You never answered my question - can you turn into a bat?” She still doubts his vampirism ‘claim’ (he has some ability, that much is clear, but vampire? psh), but she does always playful banter.

Her eyes travel back out to stare out across the lake. She still feels a little melancholic, but Michaelis’ presence is making her feel a little better already. “So, what brings you to the meadow today?”
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

Aaaaand the award for taking the longest ever to reply goes to ... myself. I'm sorry. D: