• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I want you to; Witchita & Rapscallion

She had felt alone for a few weeks. wondering around the playground searching for someone to socialize with but, the little girl felt she didn't fit into their cliques. She hadn't seen her mother in a week or so, which was quite weird for the little girl. She had never felt as much isolation as this and, wished more to be with her mother than ever. Solitude was not suited for a little social butterfly as Kena, nor the mere thought of be alone horrified her. She didn't want to become unsocial or rude to anyone like some of the colts and fillies she had seen in the playground. She would never be like them.

Her charcoal coat was glossed with the faint glare of the sunset. Plumed with deep and bright vibrant yellows reds and violets. Heavens Gates at this time of day was gorgeous to beyond believe the mother tree within the center was tinted a pastel pink that was slowly turning to a gentle lavender. It made the girl quite excited to search out her mother, her petite ebony tail swished side to side as she began to trot forwards her legs extending farther and father with every stride.

Her shrill vocals sounded out as the filly whinnied for her mother. "Mommy!" Her voice rang out. Her muscles willed her body into a gallop as she plummeted down the slope with a quick pace. Her ebony lobes perked, as her dark chocolate eyes searched for the dark burgundy coloring of her mother.

Another shrill call was let out of her velvet lips, "Mommy!" Where was her mommy? She couldn't find one build of an equine like her mother's in sight. Slowing down her pace, she returned to a walk her small black tail raised in distress. "Mommy?" Her voice was at a much lowered volume than before as she began to search around  Heavens Gates in search of the welcoming and sweet words of her mother's voice.

Kena

I want you to look into my eyes, and only see me.

@[witchita]
    Wichita
    surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
    Little girls are a joyous blessing to their mother's, and Kena was no different. Wichita's youngest and newest daughter was a delight, as he children tended to be. Sure, there had been a few bumps here and there, things to deal with as a family, to get past. Wasn't that true for most families though?

Kena was a real gem. Wichita had rarely delighted in the coupling she found herself in, but Rapscallion had made her quite a happy woman so far. Their darling daughter had been born a beautiful smokey black, one which shone in the now fading light. Sunset leaving the Gates painted in a multitude of rich, bright, colors. Wichita had been attending to Diplomatic sorts of things, onen being the continued practice of her empathic gifts. Though it did not take her long at all to discern her daughters calls from across the meadows.

The dainty silvered mare picks her path from the more wooded areas the Gates held. The ones where the deer seemed to flourish, and take refuge from prying eyes. That's when she spots her young, dark daughter. Skirting the pink hued mother tree as she harped her requests.

"Kena!" Wichita calls, perhaps louder than what is commonly needed. Her youngest had gained a penchant for the family curse it seems, though her hearing loss only affected one of her tiny ears "I'm commin' sug. Two shakes of a leg." Wichita laughs softly to herself, drawing closer to the girl. She always seemed to enjoy her own jokes best, perhaps because she was the only one who enjoyed them at all. Or understood them rather. It's with a soft touch that she reaches out in greeting, placing a velvet muzzle against the girls jaw. "Yes sweet thing? What can I do ya for?" She asks, while patiently grooming Kena's mane.

amen.

Lady and Governor of Heaven's Gates

The real problem for Kena was finding cliques, she had no friends truly. Although, the girl was a social butterfly she never seemed to say the right things when meeting new faces. It wasn't her social skills that needed work, it was her word choice she simply could not find the correct words for the correct situations, it didn't help that she was hard of hearing in one ebony glossed lobe.

Her spirits were lifted by the sweet coo of her mother's voice. The acute girl, nuzzled her mothers velvet muzzle with much joy and excitement, which was soon dulled with the problem set upon her little hooves. "Mommy, how do you make friends?" Her high pitched vocals sounded. As she met the welcoming, gentle graze of her mother. "Mom, how do you know what to say?"

Her questions continued, she wanted to know everything if she were to make friends in the playground. "What are real friends like Mommy?" Her questions were quite foolish, and not necessarily put in an educated tone as she tried her best to be. The little girl found it best if she spoke like herself, so others would accept her as she had accepted herself. Instead of trying to act all prissy she would be ordinary Kena, foolish and prepared to learn from her parents, and older acquaintances.

Kena

I want you to look into my eyes, and only see me.

Sorry it took forever.
    Wichita
    surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
    They grow up so fast don't they?

She thinks as she delicately picks at her daughters mane, waiting to see what today's dilemma was. It's perhaps the root of many childhood problems, friends. How they are made, how they are kept. She smiles softly, ceasing her fussing over the girls hair to nod quietly as she listens and considers.

"Well, I  should think the best way ta make friends, is to be yerself." She muses, thinking of the words to explain. "Be kind, be considerate of others. Surely you'll make a friend or two that way." She hadn't honestly put a whole lot of thought into how she herself had made friends. She hadn't really tried overly hard either, everything just sort of- fell into place.

"I should think yer actions bring the sort of friends you'll have too." She nods, taking a pause. "If you are nasty to others, they will likely be nasty in return, or for heaven's sake you would have a group of nasty behaved friends." She frowned at the thought wishing nothing of the sort for her youngest daughter. It would not be very lady like to run around with a gaggle of hoodlums. No, she gave her head a shake, that just wouldn't do.

"Don't worry Kena, I'm sure you'll make fast friends soon enough." Her chocolate eyes soften on the girl, wishing she could alleviate the child's worry. "Real friends are, well, they are like family. They keep you safe, keep you whole. They take care of each other that's what." The Gates was the perfect example of a family friendship, each shouldering the other in their times of need.

amen.

Lady and Governor of Heaven's Gates