• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - anyone

i am the violence in the pouring rain

i am a hurricane

She doesn’t know Aseret, truthfully. The name is irrelevant to the Chamber, and so it has never been part of the lessons she’s been given. But she knows the name Starlace. Nothing all that detailed, but enough to know that Starlace is a distant relative of hers, and therefore, this mare that’s come to visit.

Not that the blood relation matters much. If Straia really pieced it all together, she’d be related to a whole swath of Beqanna. Still, she smiles a bit, always happy to have family (even distant family) find their way back to the Chamber. Even if this mare hadn’t grown up here, a little bit of her belonged here. Always would.

“I’m familiar with Starlace, though I admit, not your mother,” she says,  pleasantly enough, still weaving through the trees. The branches scratch at her back, and she enjoys the feel of them. Overheard, a raven caws, a pleasant hello if you happen to speak raven.

At the next comment, Straia really does smile. “We have plenty of trees. I have spent an inordinate amount of my life in these pines forests. I may be biased, but there is no place better.” She is definitely biased, but that doesn’t make her wrong. Most of the Chamber loves the pine forests as she does – though some, like Kavi and Shaytan – prefer the burning magical entity.

“What do you think?” she asks when they come out of the pine forests and the mare has had a moment to take it in. She always likes asking. Certainly the Chamber doesn’t have some wow factor like the Falls, or a storybook garden like the Gates (not so terribly storybook at the moment, though). But it is beautiful, in it’s own subtle way. The Chamber doesn’t need something massive or impossible to be beautiful. It simply is.

And then Djinni asks what Straia does. “Me? Well, when I am not ambling about the pine forests, I’m busy ruling the kingdom.” Her lips curve into that signature grin, just the corners of her mouth twitching into an amused little grin. Certain things about her have never changed – she’s worn that smile since she was a child, and will wear it as long as she lives. Just as she has always loved the Chamber, and always will.  

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - anyone - by Straia - 01-18-2016, 04:54 PM