• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’ll burn this whole city down; birthing, any
    She’s still not entirely sure what to think of this pregnancy.

There she’d been, minding her own business, missing the days when Lexa had been an innocent little fluff, when Prague had come along and … listened in.

The magician had talked to her about kids, and one thing had somehow led to another and, well. Here she is. Very, very pregnant.

In fact, it’s time to give birth.

She finds a quiet clearing in the Jungle, and in no time at all, a soft, sticky bundle is lying in the dirt at her side. As she forces herself to her feet, she’s instantly reminded of Lexa when she was born. She too had been an undefinable smelly lump. How times do change.

She makes quick work of the afterbirth (ugh she still can’t stand the taste) and soon the child is fully visible. It’s another girl, hah! And, interestingly enough, she has Lyris’ exact coat.

As she watches, the filly forces herself up onto her feet … and falls over. And forces herself up … and falls over. Lyris chuckles, watching as the girl struggles a few more times, then finally manages to stay steady. Deciding to take pity on her, she walks up to the girl and positions herself so that the filly can easily access her milk. A grin crosses her face as she feels the girl latch on. “Larken. I’m going to call you Larken.”
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

i was filled with poison,
    but blessed with beauty and rage

Things are never normal when the magician is around, women fall pregnant, she gives her bleeding heart away (literally), and war is upon them. What a time to be a part of Beqanna. Prague had been traveling with Lagertha to the Chamber and although she had been hidden away, it had to be known that Lagertha was not alone. Prague never left anyone alone, really.

Lyris was not alone, within seconds of the child slipping from the womb of her comrade - Prague appeared.

"My apologies Lyris, duty called - I should have warned you that sometimes around that time of year my magic is a little unpredictable," she says, perhaps it was an awkward discussion but Prague felt as though it's just something that happens. It wasn't like they had any intimacy beyond the mutual love of the jungle and it's inhabitants. The iron mare watches the filly rise, albeit unsteady, stumbling towards her mother. A small grin creeps on the old mares face. "Larken it is, she will be so strong," the silver lioness was rarely complimentary of beauty. Beauty was rather useless in their world, she should know she is brave, strong, capable before anything else. Now to explain that you have two mothers, Prague would see how Lyris explained that.

p r a g u e

It doesn’t take long for the mare to arrive. Lyris isn’t all that surprised - Prague is a magician - but she can’t help but give the mare a wary look. Prague had gotten her pregnant after all.

“S’alright. It was just … unexpected.” One moment she’d been having a conversation about kids, then BAM, pregnant. Certainly not the way it had happened the first time. Though she supposes it had been just as unexpected then as well.

In spite of the weird, awkward situation they’re in, there’s a part of her (that she would never admit to) that doesn’t mind it. She had been missing having a little sprogget following her around, and this way, she at least doesn’t have to deal with the drama of a baby daddy and nosy family again.

She follows eyes back to Larken and can’t help but match the silver mare’s grin, though it quickly turns into a wince. Prague is right - the girl is strong. Larken finally detaches herself and stumbles around to face Prague herself, little dark head cocked to the side in interest.

Suddenly the little filly lets out a little, shrill whinny, and stumbles over to Prague. She bonks her head playfully into Prague’s chest and Lyris laughs. “Well it already appears she takes after me. Not too much though thankfully.” She’s already noted the distinct absence of any change in the weather. It’s probably for the best - she doubts the Amazons could handle two weather users in their midst.
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com