• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Kiss the Rain; Kreios

If Nymeria had been asked yesterday whether or not she would return to her ancestral land she would have easily sighed a definitive no, but today, today was different. She had her eyes closed, and her body prominently placed in a thicket. Her thoughts wondered from her frightening dance through the afterlife to the joyous time she had alongside her singular love, Kreios. They had only known each other for a short period of time, but the times she had spent with him were easily the happiest moments of her life. Nymeria didn’t wish to be pulled from her thoughts, but a hefty kick to her side caused her to open her eyes in shock. ”Woah…woah…” She exhaled softly ”It is alright little one…” Her voice was directed toward her growing belly. The night she had spent with her lonely companion had not been intended to end with a foal, but sure enough Nymeria was definitely pregnant. Each day the child within her grew more active the more Nymeria found herself thinking of her old home and the last time she was pregnant.

As much as Nymeria enjoyed Roe’s quiet and almost elusive company she knew that the wild lands outside of Beqanna were not a place to raise a newborn. The kick to her stomach proved to be more of an incentive than a proof of life, and in the thoughts following she decided that her ancestral land was exactly where she needed to go. Kreios may be gone, but it was there that she could fine more normalcy and protection.

The trek from her lone thicket to the meadow of Beqanna took several hours, and by the time Nymeria crossed over the borders the sun was beginning to set. It was clear to her that the time of day gave little hint to the conversationalists to retrieve to bed. Many of the horses who were already mingling stayed locked in position, and Nymeria simply watched them and the sky. Her swollen stomach matched her to many of the other mares, but her orange blossom mane that snuggly pressed to her neck reminded her that she was unique- and that she had been cared for by one of the greatest stallions. A small smile rubbed along the edge of her lips brightened her solemn expression as she stood. ”You’ll like this place…yes you will” She whispered to the belly as well as to herself.

nymeria
    daughter of Jason and sequinn

@[Kreios]

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

There are many things that I could do on this spring evening, but I’ve chosen to spend it in the Meadow instead. I’ve spent the majority of the day in the Field, searching for potential recruits, but with the setting sun have retreated to a less populous are.a Perhaps I’ll spend the night here and return to the Field early in the morning.

I’ve almost decided on that, and turn away from my grazing to search for a place to bed down for the night. A nearby mare – heavy with child – is watching the sunset. I give her a friendly smile, intending to walk on by, but my attention is caught on the orange blossoms tangled in her mane.

”Nymeria?” I say, her name coming from my mouth before I’ve full processed her presence. “Nymeria! What’re you doing here?” There is excitement in my voice, happy surprise, and I trot towards her quickly so that I can press my pale face against her coppery neck. “I missed you!” I say honestly, pulling back to see her better.