• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I keep the wolf from the door
    LESTRADE.

Everything had quickly spiraled out of his control.

Lestrade was trapped within this strange kingdom of apparent psychos and random spouting firewalls. He hadn’t seen hide or hair of his mother since the incident involving some weirdo pyromaniac and a frighteningly tall flickering wall of flames. The boy didn’t know even know where to begin to find her and an annoyingly overbearing mint green stallion kept him from leaving the kingdom. Little did he know that it was his blood father keeping him in this godforsaken place.

He hadn’t stopped sulking since.

There certainly wasn’t anything within the stupidly dark pine trees to keep his attention and everybody else appeared too weird or intimidating to approach. Of course, these observations had been based upon the very few people he had spied on from afar. But Lestrade considered himself to be quite a good judge of character. He’s decided that this was the kingdom of misfits and he needed to escape at all costs.

Violet eyes glance up towards the high-lying tree branches and he makes a petulant face at all the ravens occupying them. He’s had a feeling that at least one of them, if not more, has been following him around for days. He added a bunch of creepers to the list of kingdom attributes as well.

He hoped hanging around the border would bring him some sign or scent that would lead to his mother’s trail. But he’s all but given up hope after days of searching. The newborn was simply out of ideas on how to go about searching for someone in this vast, unknown land. Lestrade sighed heavily before spitting spitefully at one of the birds who ventured to close to him.

“Damn birds.”

If he’s talking about the Chamber, then yes, they are quite the Kingdom of rogues and misfits. All united under their beautiful, magical Queen. He probably isn’t going to be able to escape the psychopaths, though. They have several of them here, and Shaytan would probably be considered a minor one. It’s just bunnies.

She’s high off the Chamber’s magic, dreams (when she sleeps) filled with flickering images of the vision the magic gave her. It doesn’t all make sense, but with Shaytan, it would be difficult for it to. Life doesn’t always make sense. The birds, however, do. The birds make sense. The birds are Straia. And it really isn’t a good idea to insult the birds. She’s playing with her invisibility again, so it might be a bit of a surprise when a polka dotted mare with a crimson bunny on her chest appears fairly close to him. Shaytan glares at the colorful colt, her mouth twisting into a thin frown. “You shouldn’t curse at the birds. They can understand you.”

Really, she’s doing him a favor by giving him this tidbit of information.

shaytan

when people run in circles, it's a very, very mad world

[i hope i have this right - lestrade left the valley for the chamber? also sorry not sorry for hogging your ponies]
    LESTRADE.
    It seems that once one has acknowledged the fact that only weirdos stalked about this place, then they were sure to all come crawling out at some point. He had been strangely lucky to have avoided any further interactions until this point in time. But he wouldn’t have known that there was no need to physically keep an eye on him. That’s why those damn ravens were following him, after all. It must be quite handy for a kingdom to have their own multiple intruder alerts hanging about at all times of the day.

The birds appear to become restless all of the sudden and Lestrade is ready to beat a hasty retreat from any retaliating flying rats. But they had merely become overexcited for the appearance of a familiar chamberling while the boy had remained completely oblivious to another person sneaking up on him. He yelped and shoved himself backwards when she suddenly flashed into existence in front him.

She proceeds to censure his attitude towards the stupid birds and he can only stare at her in disbelief. At least she hadn’t come bearing gifts of fire or anything else scary. He had had enough traumatizing experiences for the month, thank you. He merely sends her an irritated glance before sighing dramatically.

“I’m soooo sorry for insulting your intelligence, birds. So how about this instead? Why don’t you guys make like a tree and leave!?”

He turns violet eyes back to the mare and gives her a rather blank and pointed stare.

“Did that satisfy you?”

hahaha I can see how that got confusing. He's never been to the valley. My bad! He and his mother had been happily traveling just outside the border when Kingslay decided that they were intruders and he then separated them with a fire wall and Lestrade is basically a lost baby now. This was my fix to Tinsel not playing Azlyn currently and somehow Lestrade ending up at the chamber with his dad Lupei. Also shush you. I love your ponies. Somehow you end up talking to all my weird anti-social ponies :|

For all of Shaytan’s lack of… showable effort (in the way that Killdare and Warship show their effort), she is one of the Chamber’s most unusual and fervent supporters. On second thought, that dedication is probably more of a personal thing. She worships the ground Straia walks on, and that ground just so happens to be the Chamber. Were her previous brown and white lady to have a sudden change of heart and decide she wants to be a do-gooder, Shaytan would probably be more than a little confused, but follow her around anyway. Kind of like a much bigger, much more intelligent bird.

She eyes the petulant boy with the meanest murderous glare she can muster. Which is surprisingly, a lot. Shaytan is broad and bulky, and has a fanged bunny on her chest. She hasn’t an inch of maternal instinct for this young, brash boy. “They are the Queen’s birds, they know everything,” she hisses at him, as if that were all the explanation that is needed. It never occurs to her that he may not know who Straia is.

None of the images she’d seen recently have this crazy guy in him. Therefore, he is negligible and not to be respected. “What are you doing here, anyways?” she asks after a moment. That should have been the first question, but Shaytan’s never been particularly good with numbers.

shaytan

when people run in circles, it's a very, very mad world