• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Clouds Ablaze; any
    That evening the sky seemed to welcome her back to the center of her travels by setting the clouds ablaze to burn like a torch even after the sun had disappeared. The smouldering clouds were the condensed, intensified hues of cotton candy that matched Flame's soul so well.

She trotted down the home stretch of her journey in the shadow of the gentle rise that separated her from her destination. With a flourish of red and gold the mare reached the top of the hill and the last dying rays of sun illuminated her like a flame. Which was essentially who she was, a flame with the body of a pony.

Walking down to a nice spot at the base of the hill, she looked around to see a few groups of young mares and a couple colts playing around. There weren't as many horses here as usual but she was actually glad as it added to the feeling of peacefulness. She stretched her weary legs one by one and although it may have been a bit risky she layed down in the grass. She blew out a deep breath and watched as the last embers in the clouds went out.

♦ Fynnegan ♦

I see her from a distance. She was equal parts of intrigue and fear, well to me. She not like the othersI am usually drawn to. She is more, emotion maybe. I watch for a while, trying to get a gage on if she would fit with my others. I almost decide to turn and leave, but there as a moment where she seemed so calm, so at ease, and I knew it could work, so i approach.

Winter is usually a calmer time in the common lands. the meadow is so open that the wind usually picks up and makes the place unwelcoming. Tonight is no different, but I am here anyway so I might as well take advantage of the potential company. I walk to hill base where the red lass is. my short stature looked up to the older lady before dipping my head in greeting. "Hello, I am Fynn. What make you brave the windy meadows at night no less?" I smile up at her, my smokey coat puffed up hiding my small lean muscled frame. While the meadow isn't usually the place for recruiting- sometimes you just happen to be in the right place at the right time. And if not, I'm always open to a friend. there are never enough of those around.

» death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily «

From her peripheral vision the mare could see another pony approaching. She didn't move except for unfolding her legs from under her as she always did when someone came near. Her dished face, sprinkled with white hairs even faced west. When the stallion was a few feet away she turned towards him.

A perpetual smirk was always tugging at the corners of her mouth but now she wore a friendly smile. When he spoke she adored his charming accent and strange arrangement of words.

"I'm used to it," she replied nonchalantly. "I've been to the tundra and back. This is nothing," she laughed, tossing her head back. "I'm a wanderer." Returning to her default grin she whinnied above the rising wind, "The name's Fire Storm."

(I had to change her name to Fire Storm because I wasn't aware that the name Flame was taken)