• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all the lies i tell myself are true//any
    all the lies I tell myself are true
    She finds herself on the brink of desperation. Forlorn Forest had grown deathly silent. There was no Daey. There was no Kryll. Perhaps they had simply run off together to leave the shiny black mare alone?

Abandonment was not a far fetched idea lately these days-

But the slender woman felt the sting of loneliness more than ever. Daey had proclaimed love to the dark woman yet had chosen another for his lead. He had tried to shackle himself to her whilst enjoying the loins of the other woman as Dragonglass stood by.

Silent. Enduring. Damaged.

In a stream of black, she is moving blindly, scrambling. To rid her coat of the scent of them. Him. She has to clear her lungs of the mossy sweet scent of the forest. Dry her coat of it's moisture and dampness.

Dark eyes find themselves clearing and resting on the tall grasses of the meadow. The sun caresses her and illuminating the glassy obsidian of her coat with his kisses.

She sighs heavily.

Alone, alone, alone, yet other equines were about. Mingling, laughing. She is hopeful to meet new faces. Say new names.

A small call is cast over to the surrounding horses, soft and light as she manages a small smile on her lips despite the shake in her knees to be away from the herd in over a year.
    DRAGONGLASS
    covet x irk
    He had been absent. Leaving his herd for the moment to fend for themselves, he had lost his attention upon Kryll and his first born. No longer did he act like the child's protector. Truth be told, his heart was more forlorn than the forest itself. It was quite empty, a strange sight for him along with the two mares and the filly that resided within it's undergrowth.

Somehow he found himself to wander. It was so careless and so relaxing at the same time. He hadn't felt bliss for a while since his trials in recruitment in the field. They had been ever so stressful for the pale boy, especially being away from her. 

To his suprise, Daey spotted her through the petite groups of equine speaking about. His crimson eyes gently grazing over her only black coat, glossed with a sheer shine. He did feel bad interrupting her moment to socialize but he couldn't help himself. It was either the exhaustion of recruitment that drove him towards her or the long to gaze upon her once more.

He felt horrible leaving her in his absence in the field, he didn't like using for to the equine he asked. But he found others followed in his attempt to find a new member for his herd. It was mainly for Kryll and Dragonglass to socialize, to have new faces around for them to greet.

He never meant to be gone for multiple seasons at a time. His Pearl tail lashed as he steadily made his way towards the ebony damsel. His strides were gentle and slow, hinting with an essence of exhaustion. His alabaster lasers brushed away the sleep within his eyes making him feel a bit more refreshed than before.

His pale muzzle brushed her shoulder with a gentle swoop, "Hello Dragonglass." His scratchy vocals ring as he slowly props himself next to her. His shoulder blades roll, as he settles his body in a relaxed manner. "How have you been?" He questioned Ina casual tone.

He didn't want to make her uncomfortable by going straight to his repeated absence in the forest. If it did come up he would explain the recruitment troubles he experienced in the rather crowded and unpleasant field. Truly now that he thought about it, the place was a living nightmare. It was almost a competition to see whoever will get to a mare first. It was quite silly really.

His sidetracked mind returned upon her, his auditories swiveling to the gentle sway of grass. Surprisingly it was quite peaceful on the meadow, unlike how he expected it being a social area and all. But for now next to her he felt at bliss. If only things could stay like this forever.

OCC: (Couldn't use my HTML on my phone..) Sorry if he's pestering her.
    all the lies I tell myself are true
    Like a hawk watching vermin on the forest floor, Daey had spotted her. With grace and ease that seemed so well practiced, he is near her and dipping into the black pool of her coat. Delicate skull swings to watch him as she had scented his mixture of moss and cedarwood before he had fallen beside her.

Quiet, patient eyes just watch him. There is not much left behind those depths as the loneliness  and solitude of months without interaction had started to encase her in stone. Her tender heart caged behind thickets and thorns. His words reach her but she hesitates in her response, preferring to turn her attention back to the meadow and the sprinkles of color from the pretty, happy wildflowers.

"I'm lonely, Daey. You have gone off. Kryll has disappeared with the filly..." Even so when Dragonglass ventures out to seek out new company, he finds her. He comes and goes as he pleases and she still remains in his forest.

Alone.
    Damp.
    Quiet.

He keeps her clutched to his breast like a child who has not yet learned to share. Mineminemine! It vibrates in her bones when he brushes against her and her gaze returns to his. "Off in the field these days?" Perhaps there was a bit of bite in her words but it was an accurate presumption. Daey had found the very damsel before him there and placed her in his collection high up on the shelf.
    DRAGONGLASS
    covet x irk