• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Don't Suffer From Insanity...

I don't suffer from insanity...

Ohhh lookie! A stick! I trot over the ground with what little grace I could muster and nearly stumble over the stick I was on my way to retrieve. At least nobody was around to see that right?

I lean down and pick up the stick between my teeth with a pleased gleam in my pale blue eyes. Sticks were so much fun! And of course seeing me shaking the crap out of one like a dog trying to kill something kept the more boring people away from me. So it was a win win in my book. I savagely shake the stick like a dog trying to kill something, which in my mind I was. The voice in my head needed killing but I had someone try to kill her once when she took over my body and I almost died too. So I don't wanna try that again..I like living. You can't play with sticks if you are dead!

Of course you can't kill me you fool! We are the SAME PERSON. I am merely the more rational less idiotic part of you. You are merely an overgrown foal who still likes to play better than to plot. Maybe that's why you're always given the task of playing with and watching over the young. They know you aren't good for anything else. Now drop that blasted stick and look like you have some sense!

I shake my head wildly, still clutching the stick between my teeth. I was NOT idiotic, I just knew how to have fun unlike Ms Stick in the Mud. Oh! I made a funny! Giggling madly I dash toward the lake that has come into my line of view, my feathered hooves moving with an elegance that mystified some. With a loud splash I plunge into the water belly deep and stand there, shaking my head to and fro with my stick held firmly. I love my stick, I think I'll call it George.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING? We haven't been here five minutes and already you are letting everyone here with enough brains to pay attention that you are a complete buffoon! How are we going to find a home when they think you're a complete and utter lunatic?

The other me who isn't me rants some more but I shake my head vigorously to clear it of her whiny voice. I'd find a home, I always did. Some guys kind of liked my more curvaceous frame and my sense of fun. If they were going to be stuck up "bow down before me" types I didn't want to go home with them anyway. Slowly I step out of the water and let it run in rivulets down my barrel and feathers..before shaking and spraying water everywhere like a very large dog.

Girr
    Mare
    Gypsy Vanner
    15 hands
    Maximally expressed Cremello Sabino (ee/aa/CrCr/nZ/SbSb)
    Invaderless/Homeless/No copies
    Sael
    Voice in her head is in italics
    Girr
    I enjoy every minute of it!!
    ♥dante
    love is a temporary madness...
    Spring is in full swing, springy green grass sprouting from the ground beneath her feet; trees offering a plethora of new buds; flowers blooming in a riot of color. Inhaling deeply, the red mare enjoys the heady fragrances wafting through air. Rather than flying, she walks so that she might enjoy the beautiful weather. Before long, however, she comes upon the field. Refocusing on the task at hand, she glances around the rather vast expanse.

Before long her cinnamon gaze lands upon mare in the process of joyfully mangling a fallen branch in a very playful manner. Smiling, she turns in her direction just as she dashes madly for a nearby lake. Elysteria follows in a more sedate manner, her movements graceful as she strides smoothly through the burgeoning grass.

The mare had plunged into the lake, splashing madly. Chuckling, Elysteria watches her antics for a moment longer before calling out to her. A warm smile curves her lips as she greets the odd woman.

“Hello! That looks quite fun!”

She pauses, giving the mare time to gather herself before continuing. The mare’s strange behavior does not phase her. She has seen the gamut, and the sabino mare is clearly having a great time. The Dale could use someone with her spunk and zest for life.

“Mind if I join you? I am Elysteria, by the way. From the Dale.”
    elysteria
    image c nadyabird.deviantart.com; html c Insane

I'm so immersed in slinging George around that I miss the approach of the other mare, and when she speaks I almost drop him. I stop shaking him and look around curiously, trying to see who she was talking to, she surely couldn't be talking to me. Others usually made fun of my antics, not that I cared though. Well the thing in my head cared but I wasn't going to let her spoil my fun! Seeing that there's nobody else about I lower my head and place George gently on the ground at my feet so I can answer her, but before I can speak the me in my head starts to gripe at me.

Well who else did you expect her to be talking to? You're the only one out here acting like an idiot! Let ME talk to her, and you just keep quiet. Maybe she's here because she's looking for others for her herd.

I shake my head vigorously to clear her out of it and then I look at the other mare with a smile tilting up the corners of my lips. Ohhh she was pretty! All red and shiny! I reply to her, my voice chiming like bells in the breeze, something unexpected from my heavier body.

Hi! And yes I enjoy it a lot! I don't want to turn into one of those stodgy old mares so I play at any opportunity I can get.  I'm Girr and this dipping my head and indicating the stick at my feet is George. It's nice to meet you, Elyestria.

My feet shuffle beneath me as I struggle to keep still, I don't know how others do it. My feet even move when I'm eating, I hate to be still! If I were a human I'd probably be diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, well and probably multiple personality disorder, since there's more than one of me in my head. Tilting my head to the side I look at the pretty red lady curiously

You wanna play too? If you do then I'd love to have a playmate! I hope there are more like you around here! Most other mares find me a bit...crazy.

Girr
    Mare
    Gypsy Vanner
    15 hands
    Sael
    Girr
    ♥dante
    It was starting to fill up in the field. Taoh could see his future family, they were here, he just had to go get them. He adjusted his wings and glanced around. It didn't take long to set eyes on medium sized paint mare splashing and bounding around, she seemed to be having quite a time with herself. He needed some positivity. He set out in her direction, and then noticed another mare speaking to her. Sighing, he wondered if he'd be able to have anyone to himself. He heard the mare introduce herself to the other, Girr, that’s interesting. He thought to himself. She seemed to have an imaginary friend in the form of a stick with her, which he thought was odd, but to each their own.

As he approached he dipped his horn to the pair. “I’m Taoh, how are you ladies doing? You look like you’re having a ball. Oh! And hi George.

He couldn’t help but notice she was generally a happy mare. The large stallion settled himself near them and swished his tail. The burn scars on his body looked particularly defined in the sunlight, sometimes he wished he didn’t have them, but then again they were a constant reminder to never get caught in a compromising position again. For once he wanted a family and he wanted it to work out. No bias, no drama, this mare seemed a good candidate for that. She seemed antsy, nervous almost.

“Well it seems like I have an awful lot of energy today, would either of you be up for a race?”

The weather was perfect, and her energy infectious. He grinned, he was in a competitive mood, and it wouldn’t hurt him to stretch out, it’d be a long time since his thoroughbred lineage had been put to use.
    The mare, though a little odd, is not the strangest horse she had ever met. When one calls Beqanna home, one tends to meet all kinds. The playful girl would no doubt find that out soon enough. So when the pale mare responds, Elysteria offers her bright grin, her russet eyes sparkling with joy and amusement. Before she can reply however, she catches sight of the stallion approaching them.

As the newcomer introduces himself, the red mare watches him with curiosity. When he greets the stick, Elysteria cannot help but to let out a low chuckle. The pair is delightful, as far as she is concerned. She has had so much darkness plaguing her life that their playful and joy filled antics are like a balm to her battered soul. It gives purpose to her lifelong struggle to remain kind and happy. On some of her darkest days, it had been difficult to remember why she always strove to be a bright beacon in a sometimes terrible world. It is moments like these that remind her so strongly why she has never given in to the temptation to become bitter and hateful.

Turning her thoughts from such maudlin subjects, she nods easily at the two before her. Her cinnamon eyes dance playfully, and her voice as she speaks contains notes of charmed amusement.

“I would be delighted. It has been a long time since I have had the opportunity. A race sounds just the thing.”

An infectious laugh brightens her features as she tosses her delicately lined head.

“I must admit however, that I may have some advantage. I possess a gift which gives speed, so perhaps I should be the judge?”
    elysteria

As I was talking to the pretty red mare , a musky scent tickled my nose. A boy? Well this will be interesting, usually I scared them away. Or they pitied me thinking I had very little brain. I sling my white head in his direction, my long mane swinging around and falling in a tangle around my face and ears.  He greeted George! I'm going to like him! Prancing in place I had to restrain myself from wiggling like an excited puppy. I started to answer him when she chimed in inside my head again.

Of course you like him, he's just as nutty as you are! We need someone strong and capable of protecting us, not someone to play with! If you want someone to play with we can always have a child. Are you listening to me you halfwit?!?!

Ignoring the voice in my head I smile brightly at the stallion,  swishing my tail against my rump. I do a half rear of joy when he asks about a race. I LOVE to race, even though I'm not very fast. And he looks like he'd be very fast, but competition is all in fun right? I speak to him, barely suppressing a giggle of excitement.

Hi Taoh! And yes! I'd love to race, I'm not fast but it's still fun!

Turning my crystalline eyes to Elysteria, I grin at her again.

It's all about fun, I don't care if I win or lose as long as we are all having fun!

Glancing back at Taoh I finally notice his scars, and his wings and horn. Unicorns DID EXSIST! I'd seen flying horses before but never a unicorn. And then I noticed the burn scars along his legs and back and the voice in my head chimes in again.

There's lots of things in the world you've never seen before. Maybe we'll get to broaden your horizons here a little bit. And those burn scars tell me that he might be able to protect us after all, no matter how silly he may act with you.

I look at his scars once more and I can't help myself when I speak, apparently I'm missing some sort of word filter that everyone else seems to have.

I'm sorry for the scars, they look like they hurt.

Turning to face a direction that had a stretch of flat land I sing out Ready! before I lean down and pick up George in my mouth. Of course he was coming with me in my race, he can't be left behind!

Girr
    Mare
    Gypsy Vanner
    15 hands
    Sael
    Girr
    ♥dante
    We do what we must,
    Because we can.

Maybe it's the fact that she very recently spent a fair amount of time pretending to be a filly, but Camrynn just can't help but get in on a good time.

She can hear their laughter all the way from the Deserts, so loudly does the noise of their fun carry throughout Beqanna. Mind you, she's not hearing their actual voices; rather, she's hearing their thoughts, catching them on the wind as she sometimes does. A smile plays with her lips, and she decides to play with them a little bit before she ever appears.

On one end of the stick, an end that happens to be poking out of Girr's mouth, a tiny little stick-mouth forms. "You can beat him, Girr," it says, its voice hilariously high-pitched. It's soft enough that only Girr would likely hear it.

A few moments later Camrynn appears, standing off to the side, parallel to the startling line, as though she'd always been there. "You all were simply having so much fun, I couldn't help but join you." she says with a smile. "I hope you don't mind." her voice is like velvet, smooth and pleasant to listen to. The rest of her body is beautifully crafted, every line elegant and every move graceful. She is pure black, without any markings on her face or legs. She has only three distinguishing features: a shining gold crook and flail bold across her chest, a thin line of diamonds across her left cheek, and her eyes, today a beautiful cerulean blue.

"This looks like fine ground for racing," she smiles a bit, amusement in her voice. "But it could use a little bit of improvement." At her words, lines trace themselves out across the ground. They form an official starting line, a guideline for all participants, including Elysteria if she so chooses. It does not include a slot for Cam herself; there does have to be an official (okay technically she could create one, but that just seems terribly capricious) and considering that she's by far the most likely to cheat, she's kindly nominated herself for the position.

"I'm Camrynn, by the way." her blue eyes meet each horse in turn and she dips her head gently, including a nod to the stick. "From the Dewdrop Deserts. Nice to meet all of you."

C A M R Y N N
    Why? Because I can

Image copyright MariannaInsomnia
    It has been a long time since she has had such a fun and innocent conversation. The excitement radiating from the carefree girl is intoxicating, filling the bay mare with a thrill of her own. She finds herself very much looking forward to the prospect of a race with the two young horses before her.

When an unknown mare appears out of nowhere, Elysteria swings her head towards her, delicate ears snapping forward in interest. Curiosity in her russet gaze, she offers a warm smile of welcome . It becomes quickly apparent that she is interested in their game. An infectious grin touches the red mare’s lips as she dips her head in a brief nod to the elegant newcomer

“You are of course welcome to join.”

A shiver runs down her spine, causing her skin to twitch, as lines appear on the ground to mark the start. Elysteria eyes the black mare with new-found curiosity, recognizing the magic emanating from her. She had only once before felt that curious shiver, in the presence of another wielder of magic. A magician who had granted her the return of her voice (at a price, of course). Without his assistance, she would not be standing here talking to these fine mares (before, she would have choked on her own words had she attempted). She wonders briefly if the two know each other. After all, in the grand scheme of things, this land is a rather small place.

Putting those thoughts aside, she turns to the other participants, stepping forward. A playful smile dances upon her lips as her russet eyes sparkle with excitement.

“It is very nice to meet you Camrynn. I must say, this is turning into quite the event. But, come! What’s the hold up? Let us race!”

With that said, she steps up to the delineated start, a hint of anticipation gleaming in her bright gaze.
    elysteria

My eyes widen in shock and amazement as I hear a very clear little voice telling me that I could beat him. It sounded as if it was coming from George! I wiggle in excitement as I hear it, though I don't tell anyone just yet. They already probably thought I was crazy, no need to further their very good guess. I dance around Elysteria in a circle before stopping, turning back to assess the quickest route to not be a horrible failure at this race.

You idiot, do you actually think that stick TALKED to you? You do know it's just a stick right? A dead piece of a tree? Any of that ringing a bell? Stop your foolishness and let's get away from here and try to find a home.

I shake my head vigorously, being careful not to dislodge George when I spy another mare that simply appeared amongst us. Tilting my head to the side like a curious dog, I peer at the new girl with my pale blue eyes. She was very pretty, the dark to my light, with a trail of sparkly stones down one cheek and a golden design on her chest that looked like a hook and stick of some sort with tassels. I turn my head to look at the ground that now had stripes across it to divide where we could all run and my mouth starts to drop open in surprise. Where had I come to that horses could have wings, stones embedded in their skin and could make the ground do impossible things? Lowering my head, I place George carefully on the ground near my feet, and then of course SHE chimes in inside my head.

That's what we need to find out you halfwit! This place might be unsafe, even for you and your bumbling. Usually chaos and destruction just seem to slide off of you. But they may not in this place.

Camrynn? A pretty name, but it did fit her. I smile widely at the black mare, then leaned down to pick George back up, clamping him between my teeth again. My feet shuffled beneath me as I danced to the starting line, white feathering swaying to music only I could hear. Taking my place on the other side of Elytheria, I turn to look at Camrynn before placing George gently on the ground. I am still smiling when I start to speak to her.

Hi! I'm Girr! And this,I indicate the stick at my feet with my nose,is George. I am from nowhere right now but Dewdrop Deserts sounds pretty. Should we wait for Taoh or should we go now? And yes we are having fun, or at least I am!

I lean back down to pick up George, turning around in tight circles as I try to pace off my excess energy before we run. I don't want to hurt myself by trying to run faster than my big body will allow me, I'd done that before. Recovering from it wasn't fun at all, you had to be still for days! I didn't like it one bit, so I don't want to do it again. Moving back up to the starting line , I look over at Elytheria with eyes filled with mischief. This was going to be fun!

Girr
    Mare
    Gypsy Vanner
    15 hands
    Voice in her head is in italics
    Sael
    Girr
    ♥dante
    so you wanna play with magic?
    In all her travels, Camrynn has rarely met horses that talk to themselves quite as frequently as Girr. Camrynn has been too respectful thus far to pry deeply, to seek out the depths of the woman's soul and find the root of her two warring personas. And to be frank, she doesn't see a need to push for that – it's entertaining enough to be a silent spectator, hearing every word (how could she possibly not, when they're practically shouted?) but not reacting to it.

She's been tempted to dive in several times, and she may yet. But before she does that, they've got a race to run. Of course she won't compete because she'd win, and that would be no fun for everyone. But she could at very least even the playing field. Well, sort of. Depending on how you look at it, Girr may be at something of a perennial disadvantage.

When Girr puts down George, Camrynn fully intends to make him cry like a baby. Luckily, Girr offered the perfect distraction in the form of a response to her. The black mare smiles. "The Deserts is a beautiful kingdom. I think it's the most beautiful, but I'm biased." It's very hard to tell if she's lying. Not only is she an excellent liar (quite possibly one of the best in Beqanna), she's also a magician, capable of twisting the truth to suit her needs both literally and figuratively. If she had to, she could re-shape her world until the convenient truth was the actual truth.

But today she's content to smile back at the girl. "You'd be more than welcome to come visit." her honey-voice is sweet. "In fact, you could come play with Gumby. You and he and George could play fetch." She could just see it – the sheer amount of chaos that could come from that suggestion would have been almost overwhelming to anyone but Camrynn.

"I think you two should race." she says, her eyes bright. "If he wants to race…well, he can always try to catch up, can't he?" a hint of mischief ghosts across her face.

"Make sure you don't drop me!"George whispers urgently as Girr moves to the starting line. "We're going to win!" George chimes in again, his voice the voice of Boy Scout, eager and earnest. Standing by the genesis of the race line, Camrynn smiles. "On your marks, get set…"
    CAMRYNN
    co-queen of the deserts, magical, mother of badassery

Someone feel free to powerplay her saying "go!" and starting the race if y'all want XD