• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

break in the sun 'til the sun breaks down; Tarnished
    we are the nobodies, wanna be somebodies
    we're dead, we know just who we are
    Tarnished wishes she would have just agreed. In fact, he doesn’t think he would have minded being pointed in the direction she last saw some shadowy assailant—he would have thoroughly enjoyed making the mess and he would have let her deal the killing blow, if she wanted. But this? He closes his eyes, steeling himself against the emotion in her voice; his thoughts, of course, race off in a million different directions. The kidnapping. The war. The rapes. His birth. Her death. The cult. Dominion, he’d found her half-starved to death and she had been grateful for simply being given a place to stay; he had left her shortly afterward, she found someone—found love, made a family. Lost them.

He couldn’t imagine losing something so precious.

“I—“

The roan stallion closes his mouth, then blinks open his eyes. He what? Wished he could make it all better? Obviously, anyone capable of feeling the tiniest amount of sympathy would wish something like that. Still doesn’t make it better, still doesn’t change anything. Tarnished grits his teeth, his fangs even audibly crack under the pressure but he forces them out (they pop out of his mouth one after the other) and replaces them with a brand new set. “You should come with me, then,” he suggests, after feeling his new teeth with his tongue. “I’ll show you around.”
    Tarnished © Venge | Seamless Fire Tile © Suicide Crew

Yay for not being good at emotions!
    Vanquish x Nocturnal
    equus mutatio, immortality, disease manipulation, trait immunity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: break in the sun 'til the sun breaks down; Tarnished - by Tarnished - 04-11-2015, 05:33 PM