• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so I blame it on the river lea
    you're welcome for the word vomit :|

Oh, it's in my roots—in my veins.
    It's in my blood and I stain every heart that I use to heal the pain
    What had been confident surety in the field has now returned to a quiet uncertainty during the journey to Chessur’s home. Of course, this foreign landscape wasn’t anything like the home she had always known. Thick, lush growth and brilliantly colored flowers and birds which littered the trees and a continuous dampness in the air were just a few things that were her familiar crutch.

But here the landscape was open and rocky and stark – contrasting everything she’s ever known. Xero knew that a change was greatly needed and her resolve hardened once again. It was just enough to give her the strength to take her first step into her new home. She briefly wondered if the navy stallion was about somewhere amongst these steep cliffs but she would be content to explore unattended just as well.

Momma Sol and Momma Luna had been independent creatures, after all, and that free-spiritedness was inevitably passed down to all their children. Willful and fearless, their children were adventurers at heart. But these were qualities needed to survive the sometimes harshness of living within the jungle.

She’s heartened to still see some color as plenty of wildflowers and tall sea grasses litter even the tallest of cliffs that seem to glitter in the sun. Xero travels down the coastline and compares the thundering of the waves to the thundering of her family’s secret waterfall back home. They were soothing in a way that reminded her of home but not overwhelmingly so. It was better that way for she did not want to drown herself in her memories. This was the time to move on with her life.

She notices an opening in the cliffs alongside her left side and it appears to be wide enough for three horses to fit through at one time. Unwilling to reign in her curiosity, she puts the waves behind her as she steps through the gaping entrance. It’s a large enough sea cavern that the sunlight easily filters through, reflecting off the walls with glimmering twinkles of light. The waves seem louder within the echoing walls and she steps towards the source, intent on observing the small creatures which dwell within the shallower pools of water.
    Xero
    Nocturnal x Quark