• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

no grave can hold my body down | any

you say you're gonna burn before you mellow

A year in the company of small children has either made her wiser or just insane enough to have a false sense of self. Her conversations although slightly less catty were still very blunt, upfront and to the point. She wasn't fanciful in her 'teachings' and she wasn't really sure how to be a proper mother. Her entire life had changed within hours from being a warrior, for preparing for war, to a harlot with two children and pockets instead of hips. No one would care where she had gone really, perhaps Warship but she knew that Straia knew all along where she had been and just what she was doing a year and some odd months ago. The blue woman had never known a mother, her own left her for dead at the Chamber's gates - Smoulder saved her but was no mother, more like a sibling. Kimber had felt so alone her entire pregnancy, one could even say a depression - a constant mental battle between her morality and where her heart (if she admitted to having one) lies. It was not special to Warship nor Nymph - she had just been another notch in their proverbially belt loops and since then another had been added. She realized just how insignificant she was respectively to everything else but we are all disposable really. Kimber had been through a strange shift, although her spirit was still there it was muted in the company she kept. She had taught them with a little firmer hand but less lip - perhaps their chances in life would fair better than her nights of passionate rage (and lust).

She was fun, she was crass, a story - a memory you have to remember a good time but she is not forever though her body might be.

She prepares the twins, who are now a year old - a black colt with marbled-green/brown eyes and a blood bay filly, both indicative of who their father's were. Kimber was genuinely surprised her own coloring didn't appear somewhere but all the while thankful. "Vessel, Vaughan - do you remember me telling you that I am a member of the Chamber army? Well, the war drums are upon us and we must rejoin the Chamber. This is the time we've been training for, you are to be on your own and this is the true test," she says without missing a beat, although she cannot deny a small part of her stomach sinks thinking they could be killed, "Do you understand? Straia is our Queen, Warship is the General," she eyes Vaughan momentarily, "And if you run across a man named - well, just do not speak to anyone other than those two or myself. If you cannot find me or the others, go to our planned place." Kimber had spent a lot of time away, she had found places that while they were there no other soul passed. There was a cavern like place between the valley and the dale that remained untouched. Kimber would never win a best-mom-award in life but she cared enough to try to keep them alive, she had thus far. She had a hope once that she would find a companionship and someone to unsettle all the racing parts of her mind but she has found that dying as an immortal is a more realistic idea.

"Now, you stay close to me and keep quiet - I will not tolerate any lip from either of you," she says grouchily, thinking mostly of Vaughan and how she regularly has to cow-kick him from being such a brat. Perhaps we pay for our raising after all.

k  i  m  b  e  r

i'll be the one to burn you...

@[Nymphetamine]
    @[Warship]