• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

between the shadows and the soul

i am the violence in the pouring rain

i am a hurricane

It’s sort of astounding that there’s not even a soul in the Gates to greet her daughter. She knows, of course, because there’s a raven sitting on Weaver’s back. It’s like that kingdom wants to be destroyed. Borders wide open, and no one standing in their path. And Straia is restless. Her kingdom members have done well, setting the rest of Beqanna well on edge with their steals. But it wasn’t enough. And this time, Straia knows she needs to be the one to act.

Always, she has used the members of the Chamber well. Her hands are, technically, quite clean. But they very well can’t stay that way forever.

She takes to the sky as a raven. A rather nondescript, black feathered thing. There are many places to go today; flying will be a whole lot quicker. It doesn’t take her long to reach the Gates and find her daughter, who doesn’t flinch as Straia lands on the ground, shifting almost the instant her little bird feet touch the ground. “You tried, Weaver. Go home, and prepare the kingdom.” She nods to her daughter, knowing that the girl will need no more instruction than that.

And then she turns and heads into the kingdom. Straight to the Mother Tree and the garden (well at least, whatever has grown back since the first time it burned). They really should be more careful around here. She’s sure a few will run out as the fire ravens appear, quietly streaking through the sky around the tree, diving and weaving through the foliage. They are silent, because they know their work is important and somewhat secretive. But as the tree and the bushes catch fire, it won’t be long before the smoke gives them away.

Next, she slips through the kingdom, hunting for the silver dapple mare that calls herself the lady of the Gates. Magnus was gone, but Wichita was still here. And Straia clearly needs to hit them where it hurts. Stealing their princess and their queen wasn’t enough. So she’ll just have to take more.

She finds the mare, a grin spreading on her face as a few black ravens with metal spikes appear. “I’m terribly sorry dear girl that you picked the wrong side. But I believe you’ll be coming with me.” The ravens close in, giving the mare a choice. Go quietly, or be impaled with spikes. Perhaps not much of a choice, but Straia needed the mare to follow, and one way or another, she’d get her wish.

She turns, leading the mare out of the Gates and on to the Deserts. Time was of the essence, but now, sadly, she’ll have to walk with her captive in tow. Hopefully Rhy was where Straia needed her to be as well. As she crosses out of the border, the fire ravens take to the sky, leaving the tree and the garden burning in their wake. Their call is clear across the kingdom as they circle one more time before disappearing.

“Fiasko is dead! Fiasko is dead!”

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

@[Wichita]

I need aggression to feed the spiders of perception,
    I'm supposed to be strong and have all the answers,
    But I'm nothing special, I'm not unique,
    I have many secrets and I eat the weak

She has only left the Jungle from burning down to catch wind of the Gates tree set ablaze, she is not sure if Lagertha is there - she was last seen in the Deserts but she knows a magician is with the Deserts. The iron fisted mare has never done so much good for others, it both disgusts and feeds her 'fire'. Prague knows few left in the Gates - Jason was likely the last she knew and although he was certainly still living, she hadn't seen him in sometime. She travels in the silver lioness form, it's much faster and preferred in the event of an attacker; she is stealthier this way. She has not even made it into the Gates borders before she smells the tree burning and hears screams and yelling, Fiasko is dead! She pushes forward and puts up a barrier around herself - deflecting fire, natural elements and poisons. She starts concentrating on the tree but she is weaker than she anticipated after turning the Jungle upside down. Branch by branch it is slowly being put out but she isn't certain how long she can do this, especially alone with no one to help.

"Come on, old girl - you can do this," she says to herself and groans as she presses herself more into the concentration. She just hopes she doesn't run into any other magicians - until she is restored she is at risk of losing an attack by one. She doesn't know who the girl is that is at Straia's mercy but Prague is not here to fight those battles just yet - she will wait on Lagertha's call and command. Heaven forbid something happen to Lagertha, that would not bode well for the Chamber...at all.

P R A G U E

magical, immortal protector of the jungle

oh the weather outside is frightful
    He's found the other's..Ramiel and Elysteria. They simply can't stay in the Dale forever, not when they've made promises, not when their word was at stake. Their word and their world. Weir fancies himself an oath keeper, a good-guy, he always has been. So even without being told or asked he finds those that need his assistance. Weir was ready to assist, he enjoyed it in fact, and for a pretty lady no less!

His defenses in the Dale will hold, Weir was forever underestimated. Most would sooner see him as the court jester than see him for what he really was, he's been at this for some time now.

Some time, not as long as most, but longer than others. His gifts were not all received half-way through his  slowly passing life, one he had come into this world with. One gift he had breathed into himself upon his first breath coming into this world. One gift he knew would not easily forsake him.

He finds her as a blizzard, twirling into the Gates in an icy wind, spiraling in circles as he maneuvers this form. That's how he finds her, quickly taking shape once again, materializing as a horse made of snow. At first and then with a quick shake the inch layer of powder falls to reveal flesh and blood.

"Greetings madam! I am Weir from the Dale, at your service." He bows before gathering winter again, sending a thick blanket of snowflakes falling over the burning Mother tree. With this she could easily make rain, with this she could put it out.

That's not all though, Weir casually steps beside the mare sending the Magic that courses from her forward in waves. A vibration of his own energy to rush through her magic..fueling it. Pushing it to give her what she needs because he has no reason to direct it otherwise. They were for the same cause after all.

"Terrible day for a War don't you think?" Standing calmly beside the Amazon's magician, commenting on the weather no less.

W E I R
    Invisble- Magic manipulating - Winter wielder of the Dale
    With a past so dark, that Satan'd jump out of his seat. But still you out in these streets, thinking you hot as can be.
    Without the knowledge to lead, so you just follow the sheep. Making sure your lame swag is all polished and clean.
    What's the saying?

How does it go?

That the nicest guys have the worst tempers?

Well how about we change that a bit. Let's say the nicest guys are the most dangerous.

All it took were Eight's images of kingdoms burning, of a dragon hanging in the air and of Straia moving from kingdom to kingdom wreaking havoc to stir something deep within the Jaguar kings soul. It was as though a light switch had been flicked into the on position in only a second and a still calm wrapped around him, the fire igniting within his veins. With a look to eight and a nod the Jaguar king erupted into flames.

To him it felt like hours, but it took only minutes for the blue, green, and purple flames to twist and turn from a ball of fire into the shape of the Valley's king. His body was now solely made of fire and he could see the horses that surrounded him. The conversation was over. They knew what they had to do. "I trust we don't need to discuss this further. We will fight. And we will do what is needed." His voice is strong, loud even as it rang inside the small space of the hidden bubble they were in.

He turns then, exiting the protective field and begins to run, flames following after his flame shaped form. Demian spreads his wings, allowing the wind to catch up under them and with a great force he pushes himself off the ground, soaring into the air and to the north, leaving them to make their own moves.

It takes him a while but finally the pegasus shape finds himself over the gates and with a quick dive the flames making up his hooves dance ontop of the trees, igniting one and then skipping two before igniting the next. Soon the trees become engulfed in the Cosmic fire, burning blue green and purple, leaving the entrance to the gates in flames. Before he can be caught or reached by those trying to save the mother tree, the jaguar king turns and flies towards the chamber to meet with Eight.

HTML TEMPLATE COPYRIGHT TO THE LOVELY CALL

dem is literally a fire pony. think pegasus. but blue, purple and green fire. not solid. just fire. he decided to sneaky sneak in and light the entrance on fire for extra measure and then fly away. :|

Jason was asleep in the Cove alongside Voudou. She had kept him warm and calm since Fiasko’s death. It had all been misery- air, life, love. It all hurt yet Voudou made it better. She brought bits of joy, and gave him reasons to continue. Jason was dreaming of better days when a light sound began to interrupt the pleasant song of a blue jay that had landed beside him in his dream. Initially it felt like a tiny bell was being rung in his ears. Slowly it grew in volume until it sounded like a gong had gone off beside him. Years ago Jason had placed an alarm in the Gates tree. After its first destruction Jason wished to make sure that it wouldn’t happen again. So as it burned so did the wretched ringing go off in his head.

It took a moment for Jason to rise from his sleep and register what was happening so far away. The adrenaline on the other hand spiked within him as soon as the second alarm had hit his ears. He could feel the blood begin to coarse through his body. Jason swung his head over and placed a light kiss upon Voudou’s cheek before he disappeared. It took little magic for him to vaporize and reappear along the Gates border. Once his eyes adjusted he spotted a fiery spirit fly away into the distance- leaving behind a terrible mess. Jason had been slowly retaining his magic and building his strength while in the cove so with little thought thunder clouds came pouring into the area. Jason closed his eyes and concentrated until floods of water poured from the clouds. They covered the Gates, and disengaged any fires that lingered through the kingdom. Next Jason ran to the center mother tree. It was there he saw Prague- an old friend, and another stallion. ”My god..Thank you!” He said in between breaths. The tree had been saved- and it was clearly due to their efforts.

Next Jason concentrated once more. He pulled a thick shield over the Gates. Within the Shield hung heavy rain clouds that would act like a sort of sprinkler system. There may be little sunlight for now- but this would do.
    jason
    magical son of eol and ashling

Lyris is older and fatter, and gets to the Gates after the shield is put up. Oh noes! Then she goes to the Chamber. :|
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

Shhh don't judge me.