• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Oh, What fickle flame

lupei

What the truth is, I can't say anymore

He’s not at home when the monstrosity occurs. He’d been out, doing what he promised he would do when he left the Kingdom meeting. The low-ranking member of the Chamber had been doing his duty, as he was commanded to do. But War waits for no man. The black wolf stares upwards, watching something occur that he’d only heard of. The Chamber is ablaze, and he can see it from miles away, lighting the sky even though the sun is still high on her throne. A creature to match her brilliance flaps mighty wings in the sky, roaring her threat to Straia and all the Chamberlings. He feels … different. A sound behind him has his head whipping away from the attack and to the forest around him. A creature floats through the branches, burning as it goes. A raven, wreathed in blue flames.

He does not wait. He runs, keeping his wolf form. Through the great forests and past the herdlands, sweat gathering between his legs. The raven caws, sparks flicking behind its tail and landing softly against his back. He is a horse with purpose, with order. He will stop for no being, alive or dead. A smile curves along his lips, and his eyes narrow, watching as the landscape changes to rise before him and grow ever thicker, ever hotter. He has reached his destination. With a release he’s never had the pleasure of feeling before, he lights himself - a wolf covered in white-hot flames that spread like a carpet beneath him. The raven darts ahead, wings spreading wide to extend its own flames.

The fire has no limits, no boundaries. It grows and it rages - a flame that melts and spares no mercy. The Jungle retaliates, birds fly from above, creatures attack from his sides. But he is flame, and they are flesh, and only one can win. Those who are within have time to escape, to retaliate, if they see the flame coming. It spreads like a wildfire with a life of its own, fed by the horse who now makes a cry of battle. “The Chamber sends her regards!” He screams, and then circles before taking his exit to leave the flame to her work. The raven will stay behind, spreading the chaos until nothing is left.

ooc: wildfire out of control in the Jungle! Happy war times! <3

I need aggression to feed the spiders of perception,
    I'm supposed to be strong and have all the answers,
    But I'm nothing special, I'm not unique,
    I have many secrets and I eat the weak

All it took was one flame to set this all in motion - Straia had lit the first one and the iron mare had vanished within mere milliseconds. Above all else, she must protect the Jungle - her live, her heart (though it was traveling outside of her body somewhere in hiding), her mind was with Lagertha and not where it should have been. It is no surprise that she watches overhead as the smoke begins to rise and she sees the jungle creatures scurrying about. She smells the singed feathers, fur and immediately cries out for the lioness they have been left with as their spirit. She shifts into a lioness, silver in form and sees the wolf tailing his way out. The silver lioness then pulls her focus inward, the anger is growing so rapidly that her muscles tighten to the point they ache. She digs her claws into the soil, the lion spirit beside her and roars - it is painful, it is loud, it is shrill. Her body begins to shake and the ground below her moves too, the crackles and ashes of the fire would not last for long - Prague calls all the creatures to her, her sisters included, "Come to me, my sisters - my home, come now or drown," she says pulling them - she hopes for her sisters to rush and that they have not perished. The monkeys swing from crashing branches towards her - their numbers shrinking, lions and cheetahs racing against one another - serpants, boars, tigers, elephants. "Sunday!" she cries out, hoping the mare is near and can help her though she could do it alone, it would be exhausting - adrenaline can get her through this...for now. She lifts the ground beneath them as they all fall in - a high point as the rainclouds begin to move in. Lightning crashes against a dark sky, the winds pick up and the weaker trees begin to snap - the wind was deafening but she kept pushing, taking a breath and roaring again, the flood had started. They are far above the sea level they once were and save from the flooding - she could stop it but a few flames remained. They only thought they wanted to play with fire, they're playing with a lot more than fire at this point.

Prague has lived her for over a hundred years, she takes it personally at this point.

She places sharks, piranha's and other large sea creatures in the waters - she changes the lion cub into spider and swallows it - it will stay with her until this is over, it will not die - the jungle will not perish unless she herself and all the other sisters do too. The flames are extinguished and her mind sees the ones lost, a few in the fire and a few in the flood. She is so upset, tears swell in her eyes as the flood is pooled together the east side of the jungle a shark-infested ocean that links to the Valley, the west side was singed from the fire. How would she protect it from all sides? "Sisters! We must protect the Jungle, we need some to stay behind - I can help Lagertha but our home is important too. I need soldiers to cover the north side of the Jungle near the west entrance by the beach, I will cover the majority of the open area. I need someone to link up to me so I can know you're safe here at all times! She says, pushing another mighty roar from her lioness form - a stampede of Elephants appear to the majority of the entrance of the jungle, the earth shakes beneath them - to their sides are Gorilla's, Jaguar's, Lion's, Tiger's, Ocelot's, Macaw's and Eagle's to soar through the air and lock in with flying enemies, poisonous dart frog's and other small animals - they all matter, this is all of their homes. She has always been all in, she won't stop now.

She shifts the spirit into a spider and drops her jaw for it to crawl in, the spirit will remain with her until this is all over.

P R A G U E

magical, immortal protector of the jungle

Deep in your flux of silver
    Those great goddesses of peace.

It booms in her ears. Her head jerks up and her nostrils widen.

Smoke. Acrid and dark – so impossibly dark as it takes banana tree bark and large nests weaved by overhead societies of apes, who erupt in sharp and angry screaming and howling. A thousand vibrant wings hum and take air, cawing madly. Hundred of paws, like ghosts when they are one, come together in an unnatural many and thunder. The wild and panicked wail of elephant trunks split the air like nothing possibly can as they cry to the ones they love to flee and be safe.

“Longear!” she turns, panic gripping her chest, screaming over the din of an entire jungle in peril and motion.

And fire. The singed scent of bark and petals hit her nose. Longear! The rose grey spins around, nickering shrilly for her daughter, until from the underbrush her rabbit comes, breathing heavy and flattening in fear. “Run! Follow them, as you are! Now! Find the rest of the sisters, find the mare that is calling.” The girl is off, faster and more agile close to the ground in her other-body. She turns too. And she runs.

Vines whip across her body, slip down her neck and press deep into her throat her until she can duck and fight past them. Dark clouds gather overhead and thunder cracks the sky, and then it pours and she wonders if her mother crossed this same path as waters wetted the floor into thick and sucking mud.

When she reaches Prague, Longear is in her filly form, feverishly keeping watch for her mother. “Longear, here,” they reach for each other and the girl tucks herself close. “I will stay. I’m not a solider, Prague, but if anyone must leave young, leave them with me,” she turns to eye a scowling gather of jaguars, the mountainous pacing of elephants, already circling their own young. “Have a couple of them stay with me if you can, and I promise, nothing touches them. I will make sure you know they, and this place, is safe. If we are breached, then this whole pace has been lost.”

But it won’t be. It has survived water. It will survive fire.

Vineine
    charoli of the amazons & mother

There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye.

She had known it was coming. She had known it was coming for a long time. She just didn’t think that she would be sleeping when it did.

The jungle is always filled with noise, but it is the shrieking that wakes her up. The constant chatter is something she had long since grown used to, but when the animal cries increase in octave and intensity, she is startled into wakefulness.

It is too late though, the flames are already licking at the small nest she had made for herself. She scrambles to her feet as her golden gaze widens in alarm. Now that she is standing, she can feel the heat, taste the smoke upon her tongue. The fissures scoring her skin begin to glow as the light within her responds to her rising emotion.

Fuck! How the hell had this happened? What the hell is wrong with her that she hadn’t noticed it right away? Fury replaces alarm even as the blue flames lick closer, reaching greedily for her cracked skin. In a sudden burst, light pours from her skin as flames spark and cinders fly. The brilliant white light explodes outwards, eating carelessly through everything in its path. In no time at all, a ten foot clearing radiates outwards from her, fire extinguished and rich brown loam exposed.

She smiles grimly at the carnage surrounding her. Fire cannot burn what isn’t there. Bursting up into the sky, she reaches safety just as she hears the desperate call go out. Come now or drown, it says. Well, fortunately for her, she can escape drowning fairly easily. Still, she heeds the call.

Prague is there, calling for the sisters to protect the kingdom. She lands near the gray mare with a thump, teeth gritting as her eyes flash angrily. Though she does not know for sure, she has a strong feeling she knows who the party responsible for such destruction is. And if it’s true, she wants to be there when the Jungle hands them their asses.

”I’ll help where I can, but if it’s the Chamber that’s responsible for this, I will be joining whoever goes after them.”

Joscelin

Tiphon x Elysteria

html c insane | picture c mikanicole.deviantart.com
    She’s been keeping to herself for some time now, raising Larken in the quiet places of the Jungle. The little spotted girl has been more than a handful, and she’s found it better to keep her away from the hustle and bustle of the Jungle’s daily life. It’s certainly giving her a new appreciation for what her mother had done for her as a child - she feels a bit bad for the poor mare now.

But despite her isolation, her instincts are not dead. When the first scent of fire reaches her nostrils she springs into action, racing towards the central Jungle with only one pause to ensure that Larken is following along behind.

She can feel the residual heat long before she sees the ashes, and when she finally does she’s pleased to see that other members of the Jungle have already beaten her there. Including Prague, still unmistakable in her lion form (not many talking lions out there after all). Larken gives an excited squeal from behind her (“Mama!”) and Lyris is forced to force the girl back with winds as the child tries to tackle her other mother. “Larken! Not now!”

Lyris focuses in as Prague begins to speak, calling upon the sisters to decent their home. War … the war is finally here. Something within her raises its head, something she hasn’t felt in quite some time. Passion, fire, ANGER. The rustling in the forest, the arrival of all the Jungle’s creatures only adds more fuel. Someone has burned the Jungle and it’s time to make them pay.

“I will follow you Prague!” Though she has mellowed out in the years since having her daughters, she will still be a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

She turns quickly to little Larken, who’s still straining at the little winds holding her in place. “You will stay here, do you understand me?! It’s far too dangerous for you to come with me. STAY HERE.” The girl looks for a moment as if she’s going to argue, then seems to think better of it. She nods, mutely. “And find your sister, send her to follow me.” Lexa is young yet, but the girl has a clear head and power of her own. She needs to learn to fight some time … it might as well be now.
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com
    Years have passed since the Chamber first burned the Mother Tree and the rumor of war began to spread. Years have passed since the Jungle had awoken her from her deep slumber after having preserved her from the great flood (not many remember that now). Aoi and Sitra are patrolling the Jungle’s perimeter when the scent of smoke stops them in their tracks. The distant caw of a single raven stands out against the din of jungle voices - foreign and foreboding. Then there is chaos as the Jungle breaks out into panic. From the wall of trees the animals flee, macaws and toucans overhead, boars and leopards at their feet. Aoi watches them as they flood forth, breaking around her and her daughter.

“Stay close, Sitra” She says, eerily calm in the face of disarray. Then she barrels forward into fray towards flame and flood water alike. Prague calls them from the heart of their Mother Jungle, and Aoi urges Sitra to keep up. The young black filly follows without fear. She was born into these tangled vines. Navigating them at speed comes rather naturally to her.

Steam comes rising to choke them as Prague drowns the white fire Lupei had set upon them. They emerge from a wall of pale clouds to join the magician, their sisters, and an array of animals. Aoi counts them, looking specifically for Kataclysm. She hopes that she hasn’t been lost to flood or flame.

Prague asks for soldiers to stay behind and guard their Mother Jungle. Aoi nods solemnly, lips taught. She is angry. She wants revenge, but she will not be the one to seek it - not today.

“I will stay behind.” She says. Then she turns to Sitra, “You stay with Vineine.” She offers a thankful nod to the rose gray sister. With that she leaves to take up her post.  
    A O I & S I T R A