• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

look ma! i'm a marshmallow...

I have forgotten the how I did, I only know, I know only, I only know

So first off, Illinois realized a looong time ago that no realm, land or whatever you make up can keep her in one place. She values a freedom felt by little...plus when you're immortal you are dulled easily by the squabbles of mortals...

Annnyyy way...

The slim buckskin how found the winter sky fresh and crisp and sought a little drift on the chilly jetstream. It was always lovely to feel the caress through the inky black wings that sprouted from her withers. The fresh air revitalized the mare and cleared the troubles that sometimes jumbled her thoughts.

Now Illy knows that there are a separation of lands in Beqanna but immortality had it's perks such as being fearless as to wandering. What's the worse that could happen?

Well...I'll tell you.

The tanned woman had found a lovely little place on the edge of the Chamber not completely sighted by the soldiers in the land. The pine needles are thick, creating something similar to a sand dune where the trees opened up. Near by was a small, lively creek that bubbled and gurgled and looked rather refreshing to the winged lass so down she drops with a skilled practiced many, many years. (150 to be exact -winky face- but don't let Illy know. She swears that she's only 100) And so the sharp ebony nails land deeply in the pebbles and black sand, a small smile on her face. Limbs straighten from the impact as the feathered appendages tuck prettily. Cocoa pools flicker as to make sure there was no impending horse coming after here all huffy, puffy and pissy.

No? No.

Tawny form moves towards the refreshing stream, pools reflecting the liquid as she dips her skull, lips parted in anticipation for a cool and soothing taste to quench the scratchy-scratchy itch in her throat then-

WHOOOOOSH!

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Illinois screeches in shock! A golden dragon is on the horizon for but a millisecond then there was nothing but orange then white then black. It takes only a second before Illinois realizes she blind...BLIND? It all happened so fast that she didn't even feel the heat. There was only the scent of charred fur.

Now another perk to being immortal...

Her vision clears slowly. First the black gives way to red them slowly morphing to a milky gray that was a disgusting film before her view clears and the mare can see the source of the burned hair smell... It was her-WAIT! Her? HER! Illy only gives the blackened and charcoal remains of the river bed only a second's consideration to the fact SHE is blackened and charcoal. Obviously her hair GONE. Beautiful, beautiful buckskin and black tassels. Gone, gone, gone. And her skin! (Well what's left...) It's peeling like the finest crafted paper, gone in other places. But wait...

"Where the HELL are my EARS?" It had taken her a minute to realize that there was a buzzing in her skull and when she tried to move her lobes that she could not because, well, there was just itty bitty nubs...nubs. Awesome.

And so you have Illinois. Burned to a crisp and beyond naked. Earless. Hairless...

And still really friggen thirsty.

illinois

Antidote x Cuerva Lista

Photo by

((feel free to reply if you want but don't feel obligated. just felt taking advantage of a raging dragon fire Smile ))