• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

for queen and country - anyone

Shaytan had been at the meeting, lurking in the shadows behind the glow of the tree and listening to Straia’s commands. They didn’t really pertain to her. All she had to do was guard the tree. Their precious, precious tree. She hadn’t done much but watch with hooded eyes as one by one the Chamberlings left to do their Queen’s bidding. She would stay there, though. The High Priest goes down with the ship if need be. So Shaytan slept and tended and occasionally bled for the visions. They all held a dragon and some ravens. It was odd.

In the back of her mind, Shaytan knew full well that war was on the horizon. But having never been in a war, she doesn’t know what to imagine. Her mind doesn’t work like that. The other Chamberlings don’t pay her much mind, as none of them have come to seek their fortune at the tree. She knows they think she’s useless, anyway. A figurehead, no more. If they were bunnies, they would take her seriously, she thinks every now and then with venom in her mind-voice. But they aren’t. And they don’t.

Whatever.

Shaytan is simply minding her own business, grazing just beyond the clearing around the tree when WHOOSH the land a ways beyond her goes up in flames. She shies and cries out, fleeing back towards the safety of the sacred tree with terror in her eyes. Oh shit. That stuff will actually burn her. Oh shit oh shit ohhhh shit. What if it reaches the tree? What if she gets trapped? WHERE IS STRAIA?! She starts to circle the tree in a panic, clearly unsure of what to do. She needs water or ice or magic or something. Not even her invisibility can help her now.

shaytan

when people run in circles, it's a very, very mad world

if you want to join her in her panicking, go ahead. if you want to help her, or fight her, that's cool too!

He doesn't want to be here.  He doesn't want to be here, but here he is.  After his killing of Fiasko, there is nowhere else for Siberian to go:  this is home now, the Chamber is where he must stay.  The quiet pine forests and sheltering mist are gone now, though, replaced by an invasion of both fire and angry residents of the other kingdoms.  The boy shies away from the battlefield, trying desperately to tune out the voice of his bear-form, which roared angrily in his head and demanded that they take part in the joyful carnage unfolding so close at hand.  So far, he has held it at bay, keeping himself sane and safe in his natural equine form.  He hasn't come across Zayn, who would no doubt side with the bear and order him to help defend the Chamber, and counts himself lucky for this, for he had no resistance anymore against the commands of the older stallion.  Instead, he is driven by the spreading fires to the central clearing, where the Tree that so fascinated him these days was rooted.  He looks curiously at it, wondering if its enchantment would protect it should the inferno come to surround it, then notices the mare rushing around it in a panic.  

The young stallion doesn't know her, can only assume that she is a Chamber resident (with with he has allowed himself little interaction, not wanting to let himself assimilate any further into their dark society) since he doubts any invading horse would be doing such an odd thing when they had better things to be doing with their limited time.  The Budyonny instantly moves towards her now, realizing how frightened she is by the fire and wishing to try and help her, to do a bit of good perhaps.  He lets out a reassuring nicker as he comes within a few feet of the mare, hoping to snap her out of her panic.  "Hey.  Hey, it's ok.  What's your name?  Are you hurt?  I'm Siberian, I can help you.  We'd better move out of the clearing before we get encircled by the fire.  I think that the Tree will be alright.  It's enchanted, isn't it?  Some wannabe-wildfire can't hurt it, it's already been burning for years and never been destroyed.  "  He rests his eyes upon her, trying his best to project an air of calmness and hoping that he is correct about the supernatural properties of the Chamber's vision-tree and that he will get her to respond to him.

Siberian

The sexy grizzly boy of Beqanna

Nothing had gone as planned, and now everything was going to shit. Mast had refused to see him, the damned stag had sent his smokey Patronus only to dash away without offering anything. The nerve. The light king had the nerve to not grant Nymphetamine audience after all he had agreed to. The blood bay necromancer moved through Chamber towards the tree, where the High Priestess would surely be. As a student under the priestess it was his duty to see to her needs, and now more than ever he had to work to prove himself. He had barely made it back to Chamber before the war started. He was furious, and his plans for his double agent status were over. Gates could burn as Mast had turned his back on the young stallion leaving him with nothing to offer Straia.  Straia would be furious once she had time to deal with him unless he proved himself now. Anger, frustration and the need for revenge pushed him onward closer the tree. The snow was trampled, and he weaved the trees avoiding the loudest areas, he had to conserve himself; he would have his revenge. 

The conjurer had not been able to gather any extra information before the war. Straia would be displeased, so very very displeased. So the beast would do all he could to show his loyalty to Chamber, to Straia, and as a student. He had no option if he were to walk away from this war with any sort of freedom. The forever burning tree finally came to view and with it the frantic cries of Shaytan.  While they had never been formally introduced, the blood bay knew he had to do something. Everywhere there is thick smoke, it burned his eyes and stung his throat making him cough.  He stopped, squinting to see better through the thick air, his anger making him calmer than he would be otherwise.  Shaytan was visibly shaken by the commotion. Any other day the necromancer wouldn't care but he had no time for weak nerves. He deep baritone voice left with a small laugh of sarcasm, "Priestess! For a horse who guards a flaming tree, you would think you would be used to fire everywhere. Straia wanted the battle to happen here, and we are ready. I am here to help, I'm Nymphetamine, tell me what you need." The last part was meant as reassurance. Chamber beasts are not usually flighty, he probably wouldn't insult her, but he did- oh well. He had bigger things to worry about other than the rabbit chaser's feelings.

It wasn't until after he spoke that he saw the other stallion there. He wasn't a horse he recognized. but it was obvious he was trying to move to the tree line by the orientation of his body. Instantly Nymphetamine was on high alert. The black male was trying to make their kingdom's preistess abandon her post. He scowled and moved to Shaytan's side.  Ear's pinned, and teeth nashing he growled in the deepest rasp of a voice he could manage. "Why would you ever ask our High Priestess to leave our tree unguarded? What is you purpose here. Speak the truth, for if I think you are lying...I'm more dangerous than I look." Nymphetamine didn't know everyone in Chamber, but he knew enough that he didn't think any Chamber dweller would ever consider trying to convince Shaytan to leave the tree's side. He could be wrong, but better be rude to an ally than allow some trickery to but Chamber at risk.

The noises grew around them and the clamour of war grew as Straia brought the war to Chamber, the plan was in motion and the only failure he knew of was his own. He would atone, he would bring gates down, or, at least, help. Nymphetamine would revenge Mast's betrayal. For now, he would aid his priestess until the right opportunity arose.

SIX FEET DEEP IS THE INCISION, SUNSETTER

Nymphetamine

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

The day had started out like any other. That is to say, utterly boring. So he had made the decision to seek out his father. Today, of all days, he had made that decision. It is only now, as he stands near the edge of the kingdom watching it go up in flames, that he realizes that may have been a poor choice.

What else was a boy to do? He hadn’t seen his mother in ages. It seems the extent of her motherly instinct had been seeing that he survived infancy. Regardless, she had left and he doubted she was coming back. Not that he needed her. He is a perfectly capable young man.

But he has been so bored.

Well, it seems this day was going to turn out rather exciting after all. Instead of turning away, as he probably should have, he continues forward. Fire is nothing to him. He controls an element far more wicked than the weak heat of flame anyway. He cuts easily through a path someone had already cleared, bright gray eyes darting curiously about. He does not notice the ash falling upon his coat, nor would he particularly care if he had noticed. His smoky skin is already the color of ash as it is.

He can hear the fighting in the distance, but he steers clear of that particular piece of mayhem. He has little idea what is actually going on, but he is also fairly certain he does not wish to be in the middle of it. Before long however, he reaches several horses standing in a stiff and ragged circle near another burning tree. This tree seems different, though he can’t quite put his finger (or rather, hoof) on it.

In any case, it seems as good a place as any to start. He knows his father belongs to this kingdom. Surely he can’t be far.

Looking at him, his relations would not be obvious. He little resembled either his father or his mother. Still, he is decidedly unconcerned. He is perfectly capable of taking of himself after all. Approaching the trio, he clears his throat. ”Hello, he says, his voice strong and clear despite the flames. ”You seem to be having a bit of trouble here.”

who am i supposed to be
    if everything good is taken from me?

astray

I couldn't help myself :|
    I can not be forsaken, cause I'm not the only one
    Rapscallion had never felt anything before, at least not before Wichita and before he even got a chance to cherish that moment he was being forced to grieve her death. The buckskin did not know how to grieve, he was not equipped with that skill set and it unnerved him entirely. He was burning up inside with this white-hot fire, was this the time to finally set himself on fire and pray that gasoline is near? He could only hope to die quickly, to melt the sinewy muscles and veins into a boiling hot liquid only to perish. He is certain it will not be that quick.

It could save him from his only feeling - heartache -  but fate wasn't that kind.

He also feels shame, disappointment in one's self as he had let down Mountain, it was he, too, that was nowhere to be found when Wichita's heart imploded. He was calm, he was upset but on the exterior it was as if he'd finally found his purpose.  He is not cloaked in invisibility, he is mortal - he is coming to die, surely. He feels the trees booming up from the soil, the dragons and magicians rising above the ground and he wonders how many they have on their side. Where was his mother during all this? Rapscallion came from a long line of fighters, warriors; it's time he kept the generation going. He finds a mare on the outskirts of the Chamber, he bites on her nap and drags her alongside him as he nears a tree, the Chamber tree, as a few individuals crowd around. "It looks like this little lamb has lost her way, I hope you don't mind that I, being such a good shepherd that I am, brought her to you," his skin crawls and a manic laugh escapes, he shakes with a feigning frenzy awaiting. The mare stands stoically but he doesn't wait, it is quick - a blow to her head and she crashes towards the ground - another blow, until blood starts seeping from the skull. "Look at how disgusting you are, while all your friends fight their eventual demise you watch from afar," he can tell that the bay stallion is hot tempered, he realizes that he's seen him before in his home and he then wonders if he had caught this sooner if Wichita would be alive. "You traitor," the buckskin takes off towards the Necromancer, full speed ahead without thinking of the others who stand around him.  

It's a beautiful day for bloodshed.
    R A P S C A L L I O N
    The deadbeat from the Gates

Finally the war has come.

He’s been anticipating it ever since his mother’s death - a tipping point if there ever was one. He wants a chance to prove himself on the field, to live up to his father’s name. To fight and kill.

He’s on route from the Mountains to the Chamber when the sounds of battle first reach him. He immediately hastens his pace, eager to join. He does not have abilities like many of the Chamberlings, but he is young and strong and still able to contribute.

He decides to strike through the centre of the kingdom to save time, but as he nears the ‘sacred’ tree a group of horses comes into view. He recognizes Siberian instantly, feeling a flash of irritation. Of course the foolish boy is avoiding the battle. He’ll just have to change that. He does not recognize the others, but as he draws near the scent of the Chamber on the spotted mare and the bay stallion becomes unmistakable. He barely spares a glance for the yearling colt before fixing his attention upon the buckskin stallion that has suddenly appeared.

Even from his position, he can smell the mix of the Gates kingdom and blood on the stallion. A Gates solider, perfect. He's a little amused to see the dead mare lying at the stallion's feet. The precious Gates members like to pretend they're so perfect ... but when it comes to war clearly they're no different.

Zayn moves into action, speeding towards the Gates soldier even as the buckskin begins to charge the bay stallion. He aims right for the bigger stallion’s ribcage, hoping to send him sprawling in the dirt. With so many Chamberlings against this one stallion, they should be able to make short work of him and head to the greater battle.

ZAYN

I'm an ugly mess

The chaos was building, every magical being was emerging. Unnatural things were occurring every other second, or so it seems. Dragons lit the chamber on fire, burning the trees, smoke and ash raining in a gray hazy snow. Then next thing you know the fire is gone and trees were growing faster than weeds on cracked out miracle grow.  Everything was moving at a whirlwind pace, this war was impossible to keep up with and the commotion  was only growing, the pinnacle had yet to be reached.  The air was not nice to breathe, so thick with smoke and dirt, but no one said war was a fucking pocket full of posies.   The blood bay shoved his personal discomfort away, the air would clear and until then he was on a mission. He had barely spoken his angry words to the grizzly horse when his sense of smell told him he was not an enemy. He rolled his eyes, more at his own rash actions than anything else. "Ugh, just go keep Shaytan and the tree guarded."

War, it was never just fighting. It was never just the conflict. And the large ever flaming tree was attracting more than just those who were here for Chamber's benefit. A young stallion came through.... bold, but obviously had no place in the actual battle. There were more hoof prints just coming their way and the youngling should move along, this place wouldn't stay quiet for long.  Nymphetamine looked down at the smokey beast, a look mixed with displeasure and assertiveness across his features."It's nothing compared to...." Just then the shrieking cries of a horse and the frantic hoof fall grew way to close, and a large buckskin erupted into the clearing dragging a small mare with him. His words are too coy, is scent, too strong of the gates.
    Their eyes seem to snap to each other at the same moment. Like they both realize something bigger is here. This cocky intruder is from Gates, and any loss Nymph could bestow on the Gates is a bonus in his eyes. The buckskin easily snapped the mares neck and crushed the thing's skull with an effortless kick.  Nymph hiss for the young stallion to go back to the tree, where he hoped the grizzly stallion and Shaytan had retreated.  

Words, more words, this visitor had much to say, but so far he had only shown he could pick on small little mares.  "Well here you are, and you look just as clean and unmarked as the rest of us.  Wo-oh-oh, you're such a fucking hypocrite, no?"  At that moment, the beasty realized the necromancer had once been in Gates, talked to Mast, and Magnus. Oh, how tables had turned, and the Buckskin would learn that it was Mast who had betrayed him, not he who had betrayed Gates.  The intruder's flanks twitched into motion in his direction but a blur of lighter tan collided with him.

Nymphetamine wasted no time he charged at the space where the buckskin would be knocked into by the ally. If they could knock the beast to the ground they could surely snap its neck.  He hoped this ping-pong ricochet routine would work. He continued forward not letting any impact slow him down, He wasn't much for mass but had a build for speed, he circled back to face the buckskin. "I like to know the names of those I hope to kill, I am Nymphetamine, and I am no traitor." He moved into a slow circle, not paying mind to the other tan stallion.  He kept his opponent the opposite side, ready to react.  "Mast betrayed me, we had a deal. I was to spy on Chamber for him. I kept my end, I told him what I had learned, but he refused to meet me. He refused to give me any information to keep my cover. He forced my hand, showed his true cowardice. I could never fight for a coward. I guess I should thank your cowardly king for showing me where I truly belong."  

Nymphetamine silently commanded the invisible raven Straia had bestowed upon him to take flight. As Straia had made it invisible to everyone but the conjurer and herself, it stayed that way as it circled above. He would need it soon, and better to have it in position for later. The young stallion was looking forward to bringing this one's head back to Gates. Soon.  He glanced at the pale tan stallion who had circled back and was standing ready, and alert. While he kept his eye on the buckskin, he tossed some words to the other Chamberling, "You got a name? Nice entrance, by the way." He was full of show, like a frat boy showboating. Except he had the ability to back up his claims and anyone who took him a surface value would go home in a body bag, or not at all.

SIX FEET DEEP IS THE INCISION, SUNSETTER

Nymphetamine

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

Freedom isn't free at all, that it comes with the highest of costs.
    The cost of blood.

Kimber searches frantically as the pines sprout out of literally thin air one after another. Her children would be locked out, or worse dead, if she didn't find them and find someone to protect them while the drums of war were bountiful. She has seen both her lovers (if one could call them that), Nymph and Warship, but it seems that Nymph had thus remained unscathed until she hears a familiar voice. Vaughan. Her blue ears alert quicker than ever before as she watches him lose his footing trying to scurry away as a buckskin stallion and another are racing directly towards Nymph. Her heart begins to thrum loudly in her chest, it rises and suffocates her, everything but that is blocked out. She immediately takes off for the child, seeing that Vessel is not far behind him. Her only children, in the middle of a war with some of the best magicians to walk Beqanna. She can only hope that she gets to them in time and that whomever dare get to them before her is ready for one helluva fight.

Mother was such a prude, don't talk, don't explore, don't do this, don't say that. Personally, I was sick of her shit but Vessel, as per usual, was behaving until I talked her into coming with me. I hadn't seen our mother in some time and it was so boring just sitting waiting - if I'm supposed to grow up and be a soldier, how can I do it from the sidelines? I had noticed a gathering slightly away from the pack and so I decided to approach. They smelled like us, one looked a lot like my sister but mom says many horses look like others. I started to approach to see a man angry, to see a man break another mare's neck and watch the other two stallions and a creepy (well, she is) mare panicking over the tree. "Dammit!" I say, feeling a little adrenaline myself knowing my Mother, although Kimber was a potty mouth herself, would not approve of my behavior. I try to side step from the man but they're all coming at once - I wail out for my mother, even if it is a childish thing to do. I look to my sister, who is close by me and I can't help but think how terrified she must be. Before I can even do much else, I am in the middle of the group and to be completely honest - I think I just peed a little.

It seems like an eternity before she reaches the group, her nostrils wide and her mouth foamy from the trek. Her sides heave as she is frantic, anxious, worried, and generally a basket case. She is not sure who the enemy is here but she doesn't hesitate to place herself in the middle of it, true Kimber fashion. Her shoulder was tight when the Buckskin crashed into her and before her cries of pain bellowed out, Zayn had crashed into her ribcage - her eyes grew wide and she coughed, choking back both tears and probably later; blood. She looks to Nymph with fear, she felt like she couldn't even trust him at this point as she caught the tail end about Mast and how betrayal had gone both ways. She gave him a look that needed no words, as if to say - "I was right all along" - but now wasn't the time for her to hash out old conversations. She heaves again and her body trembles as she manages to wrangle Vaughan from harms way but Vessel is on the other side of the blow and it is without much hesitation that the Buckskin is in her sights and he isn't stopping. "VESSEL, VAUGHAN GO PLEASE!" as she falls to her knees and feebly tries getting back up.

k i m b e r

immortal blue chamber mare

OOC: white is vaughan, obviously. Kimber too a blow to the point of her shoulder and to her ribcage (breaking a rib) - I took it from Rapscallion and Zayn, sparing Nymph/the children.
    learn to read between the lines, yeah?

This is all too much. Vaughan would let it go, the little prat when and started to wander, and i couldn't let me go alone, but the trees were coming up too fast, I couldn't keep up. He got away from me. and then he was screaming, I wasnt' far behind, but I wasin'g by the other big horses. Evrything was wired. Everything was palpable. I can't seem to catch my breath, the eyes and nostrils burn. I clear the trees just intime to see vaughan freeze as the big horses throw themselves at eachother, I squeek, paralyzed with fear. "BROTHER!!!!" Before I can do or say anything else Mom comes, she may not be as loving as some of the other kids mom's but she always pulls through. She is mad, and she snatches brother away just in time, but crack she is slammed by the light tan one. "MOM! Vaughan! Nooooo!" I fly to their sides, only to be pushed away as mother begs us to get to safety. I nip at brother begging him to listen to go to safety. But I stop as I catch the look she gives the reddish one. "Mother, who is he? Why are you looking at him funny?" I am still slowly inching away from the adults who are starting to circle, but I want to know. The reddish one looks so angry... why would mother care about the angry man?..or is care even the right word?

Another crash in the distance makes me squeek, and i jump closer to brother. I want this to stop. everything it too loud, too active, too much. I want to go backto out little corner of forest where it was quiet. I jut want the noice to stop.
    vessel
    nymphetamine x kimber

He can barely keep from rolling his eyes as he is scolded for attempting to get this mare, an apparent Priestess of the tree, to move away from it to safety.  The verbal threat makes his lips twitch briefly with amusement.  (I could transform and rip you in half before you finished speaking), he thinks to himself.  Fine, let her stay here with it, she can just keep circling it in her panic until she burns to death.  He had tried to help her, but if that's what her purpose was supposed to be, Siberian doesn't exactly know her well enough to be able to argue with the other stallion,  Nymphetamine, about it.  The black stallion starts to move off, to go wait all of this out in the caves, but stops when another horse appears, a colt whom he doesn't know (though this is hardly a moment of revelation when you don't know *anyone* except your handler/corrupting manipulator) and he listens to his greeting with a bit of confusion.  They are rapidly joined by a third male, this one clearly *not* from the Chamber, as he is dragging a nameless resident mare with him, and he quickly murders his captive, taunting their small group over her fallen body and caved-in skull.  The bear roars in Siberian's head, so filled with rage that is a wonder he isn't driven to his knees by his other-self's fury.  The invading horse charges now, at Nymph, screaming about him being a traitor.  The Budyonny knows nothing about what had transpired between the two of them to cause this accusation.  Perhaps Straia had deployed a double agent in the months leading up to the war?  Siberian's luck being what it is (an unmitigated freakin' disaster!), Zayn chooses that moment to show up as well.  He gives his toy-weapon a disapproving stare, no doubt because the bear-shifter was here in the gathering area instead of off being set on fire and chewed upon by dragons and other crazy-impossible yet existing things.  

The boy is surprised to be spared an actual scolding and issued orders as the palomino sabino instead chooses to fling himself into the fight developing between the Gates buckskin and the Chamber bay.  Nymph tells him that he should guard the Tree and the mare, not that he has any authority to be giving Siberian orders when Zayn is present, but he shrugs and complies, not having been directed to be doing anything else by his puppetmaster.  Another mare appears, this one accompanied by a pair of children, and he wonders if this area is going to end up more populated than the actual battlefield was.  She rushes in herself, taking a blow for the apparent Chamber spy, who was busy revealing his true story to the buckskin as they fought.  He turns his head to check on Shaytan, who was still with the tree, and seemed to be alright for the moment, then looks back at the children.  Their mother had shouted at them to get to safety.  Would they come to him?  Siberian first does what he had not wanted to do, he shifts into his grizzly bear form for the added size and strength it brings, but also bringing the ferocious part of himself into his mental front-and-center, always a struggle to keep balanced with his rational, calm horse-brain.  It hadn't always been this way.  When he was a child, the bear-form was little more than a glove he could slip on, he was always himself in it; but now after years of Zayn's conditioning, he is akin to the berserkers of legend.  He manages to push the bear away from control, calling out to the children in as friendly of a voice as he can manage.  If they choose to come to him, he will keep them safe in addition to Shaytan and the vision-tree.

Siberian

The sexy grizzly boy of Beqanna