• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Coming home MORIGAN
    TIERNAN

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

There was a war in Beqanna and perhaps he thought that he should go and be a part of it. That he should put his blood and sweat into this place he called home, but then, if he left who would keep Morigan safe? No, the stallion would not be joining this time. He would stay here, amongst the Misty Rapids and keep his lovely safe. They had decided this together, after he had scouted out a couple of different places. He had stayed away from the darker lands of the Valley and the Chamber, leaning more towards neutral and light. Cobblestone Creek held fond memories but he didn't want to start a new chapter with old memories.

So, here they were. He had described a couple different places to her, and then they had decided that Misty Rapids was good. It worried him a little bit if there ever was foals with the Rapids and the bridges but he was willing to add a bit of danger and spice to their young lives.

Anyways, here they were, finally amongst their new home. Tiernan had led Morigan here, happy to finally have his own little place again. He sighs when he sees things that are familiar from his quick explore not too long ago. He turns to Morigan and smiles a wide smile. "We're here lass!" The excitement in his voice obvious even as he turns back to their land, his pace picking up slightly. No doubt later he would take a patrol and make sure all was well (probably when she was asleep), but for now he was content to explore a little with her if she so wished. "What do ya think?" His brogue slipping out a touch louder as they moved closer to the rapids.

@[Morigan]
    Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?
    Despite her quick agreement to Tiernan’s offer, Morigan’s nerves have grown since leaving the field. She’d been so preoccupied with thoughts of the Valley and her brother, she hadn’t given much thought to the stallion’s intentions beyond face value.

Considering what her mother had been through, one would think she’d be more cautious.

Tiernan is, well, a stallion. And not even a kingdom stallion, with duty on his mind (not that it makes a difference with some). He might have certain … desires. Certain goals. Certain goals that Morigan is not quite sure she’s ready for. Like children.

The thought weighs on her mind all the way to the herd land that Tiernan had described, and by the time they do reach the territory, she’s made her mind up. Sort of. She’ll stay for now, see how it goes. Tiernan has acted as a gentleman so far after all. But if anything changes, if she sees any sign of him forcing her into anything she doesn’t want … she’s gone.

Not that she’s expecting it. Again, he’s been wonderful and polite so far. But it pays to be cautious. She does not want to become her mother - another mare broken and beaten by the stallion’s she's had the misfortune to meet.

But there’s no use in dwelling on it now. They’ve reached the herdland, and she might as well check it out.

She finally turns her thoughts from inward to out, and her eyes widen imperceptibly. Mistry Rapids is … simply put, beautiful. Water roars and crashes in the nearby river, which twists and turns through lovely green hills surrounded by thick trees. Quiet (except for the river), and peaceful. And most importantly, it’s far, far away from the Valley (it’d had been one of the reasons she’d selected the place).

She turns to look at Tiernan, and there’s a tiny, happy shine to her eyes that hasn’t been there in a long, long time. “It’s so beautiful. I love it!”
    SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.

Sorry for the wait! Got caught up in the war. Tongue