• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The PRiNCESS Portrayal

TEALi

An alabaster goddess is how many may describe her. Her blue eyes are piercing with her creamy white coat. The bright summer sun gave her a gorgeous sheen. She tossed her head and snorted as she traveled on. She was looking for something new. Something adventurous. Maybe even looking for trouble. It seemed to follow my dear relentlessly.

It was not all her fault. She could not help males were attracted to her everywhere she went. She also could not help her sarcastic mouth that spit out whatever she was thinking. Emerald stalks danced as her pearly white legs glided forth with the most beautiful floating trot. As her nares widened she drew in a deep breath. Yes, she was sure of it, she could smell others of the equine sort.

She picked her pace up into a canter but she still kept herself collected. Her quiet presence could be demanding at times. Her beauty however was loud and entrancing. She reached the top of the field and looking down upon the other horses the excitement bubbled  up from with in her until it was spilling over and she shifted her weight back to her hocks and lifted her body upwards with her legs thrashing out at the air.

When her feet touched the earth again she let out a shrill whinny and galloped towards the group bucking the whole way. There are times in life it is appropriate to be quiet and times it is appropriate to be loud. Now was on of those times. She was overwhelmed as she had been traveling for some time now.

She was doing a happy dance the best way a horse could throwing in lots of twists and turns and kicking up her heels. TEALi did not care if she looked a fool as a new comer. She did not mind sticking out in the least. In fact, part of her hoped to gain attention. Now as such a young mare who could blame her for wanting the affections of her male counterparts. 

Of course my girl would require some serious courting to get her to cooperate the opposite sex as well. She lifted her tail in a flirty fashion and slowed back down to an easy trot. Her heart was pumping so loudly she could feel her pulse through her body. She gulped in air for a moment while she took in her surroundings. Yes, this would be what she called home, at least for now,

Who knows where this life where lead her?

TEALi 

Image of Innocents

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

Though the war drags on in other parts of Beqanna, there is no sign of violence in the Field. The summer sun is bright and warm, and as I stand beneath the shade of a large beech, it dapples my white coat and turns the handful of chestnut spots to varying shades of mahogany.

I am here to find members for our small kingdom, but I am in no hurry. I’d rather see who is here and gauge their interest than approach the horse in nearest proximity. Most of the occupants of the Field are gathered in a large bunch, but movement in the corner of my eye catches my attention, and I turn my head to see a pale mare lashing out at the sky with the front hooves. A smile wrinkles the edge of my mouth; I remember what it was like to want to be noticed.

I wait until she has finished her dancing to approach, careful to not crowd her but still near enough to converse comfortably. She’s a pretty thing, that’s certain, but I’d like to think that I’m past the age where I can be easily swayed by a pretty face and a neat figure.

“I hope you were trying to get attention,” I say with a friendly sort of nonchalance, “Because you’re certainly going to get it.”

It’s obvious that I too, tend to get my share of attention. It’s attention of a different kind, of course, I am no dainty feminine creature. Instead, I have inherited my Percheron sire’s heavy built and imposing height, and my mother’s bright coloring. I am difficult to miss: red and white and eighteen hands tall, but I have always fit the gentle giant sterotype (with the flash of a redhead’s temper). “My name’s Kreios. What’s yours?”

TEALi

He towered over her. His presence was exaggerated simply by his size. His red and white patterned coat was loud. His size was incredible. The pale princess looked like just that a tiny princess next to the large beast. She smiled sweetly at him.

Her eyes flittered with flirtation. She was practically purring like a kitten in his lap. However she just wanted to continue to draw him in. Something about the large stud made her feel like he was dangerous perhaps. She liked that though. But, just because my girl was flirting did not mean she would prance to his harem without a fight either.

Her pink lips pursed for a moment when he spoke. She listened carefully. What young filly would not want to be noticed? That is pretty much their purpose in life at her age, procreation. To be honest though I am not sure the alabaster princess is maternal material. She was not really the compassionate or overly affectionate type. She liked to flirt but that was about as far as affection went to her.

“I am TEALi. And as a male it is your job to notice me isn’t it? I was just making that easier for you.”

TEALi 

Image of Innocents

kreios

I return her sweet smile with one of my own, though my intentions are far more platonic than I suspect hers to be. She is lovely, that is true; a prize that would surely be coveted by other stallions. Though I was born and raised to serve a kingdom, I had spent my youth on a different path than that of my ancestors. My time as a herd stallion was a pleasurable and productive one, but I’ve chosen to leave behind the simple life for the responsibility that comes with kingdom loyalty.

Still, I think as she flutters her eyelashes up at me: just because I serve a kingdom rather than a herd doesn’t mean that I cannot serve myself as well. My father certainly had, simultaneously wooing two queens and populating Beqanna with his gargantuan children. There are mares in the Falls, but I’ve always seen Ygritte as the queen before I see her as a mare, and I’ve no desire to put undue pressure on the other female residents of the Falls. Power, while at times pleasurable, is a burden to a moral creature. How can I be sure that a mare desires me and is not simply doing what she thinks is necessary to serve the kingdom?

This is how I can be sure, I think, I can simply not tell them who I am, and see where it goes from there.

So rather than tell Teali that I am a King and simply ask her to join my kingdom, I decide to play along.

“I’d have noticed you even without the dancing,” I reply with a grin, taking a moment to look her over again, knowing that she would see me doing so. Yes, I think, she is pretty, and I do want her. I’ve never been given to the monogamy that plagues my family (well, at least my mother’s side of the family – Vanquish is his own story), and the idea of Teali – and several other mares – living within the borders of the Falls without needing to serve it is more and more appealing the more I think about it.

“Are you planning on waiting for other options to present themselves, or could I convince you to come with me to the Falls now?” There will be other options, I’m sure. There are other kingdoms and other stallion seeking to expand their herds, but I’ve been fortunate enough to approach Teali first.

TEALi

Snow colored maiden giggled lightly at the large male. He seemed confident, maybe a little full of himself. She lingered in the moment for a minute. She let him hang in the silence of his question wanting to make him sweat a bit. Why do the stags get to have all the fun when it comes to courting?

The princess stared up at him with her sharp blue orbs. He was straight and to the point. That could be a good quality in a man. Games take up too much time and effort. Yet TEALi wants to play games of her own. She snorts and tosses her head. She feels his eyes all over her now. She decides to strut her stuff and trots a circle around him both directions letting her tail slightly brush up against him.

"Well now if I say yes right here, right this moment. Well that would just be all to easy for you wouldn't it. I think you should earn it. My beauty, my loyalty is a privilege not a right no matter who you may think you are. Just why should I go with you?"

She let the words slip out. Her voice tinder and sweet like vanilla for the ears.

TEALi 

Image of Innocents

kreios

I wait for a reply, and just as I start to think that perhaps her delay is worrying, I realize that this probably exactly what she wants. I’ve heard of mares like her, but fate has kept the more troublesome ones out of my path for the most part. Flirtation is a fun enough pastime, but I have never been inclined to play the game of cat and mouse that tempts so many.

Though never rude, I have always taken what I wanted. The mares in my herd had been sweet and simple things, grateful for the protection of a stallion, and were more than willing to show their gratitude by the large spotted foals that they dropped every spring. I cannot quite picture this wild-eyed girl who prances and teases with one of my red sons at her side, but the summer is bleeding quickly enough into fall that the difficult imagery brushes past logic and into the instinct that hovers at the core of every animal.

I will have her, instinct tells me, and she will not object.

As she dances by, I reach out and grasp a few trailing strands of her pale mane between my teeth to tug at. It’s no harsh bite of claim, but it has the same purpose. Others might come now, but she is mine. “Because I want you to,” I say as I step forward and press my heavy shoulder into her petite figure, my nearness making the difference in our height and size seem all the more immense. There is no threat in my voice – there is still a smile at the corner of my mouth and my eyes dance with merriment – but while this is meant in fun, there’s no harm in letting her know that I am more than physically capable of taking whatever it was I wanted.

I never have – and I never will. But I could, and she might be less certain that I won’t.

“You like the Falls,” I add as I take another step forward, casually nudging her a bit closer to the kingdom, “It’s a nice place – meadows, trees, a magical waterfall that heals all injuries.” Another step, “Unless you’d rather stay here, alone in the Field?” At this I step away as though I’ve not been casually urging her toward the Falls, and turn away to look over the gathered crows at the base of our hill.

TEALi

As she danced around pretending like she was some sort of ballerina my dear maiden felt sharp teeth gently grasp at her crest. She lets a shrill whinny of slight excitement escape. She liked something about a male being well a male and taking charge. He could easily force her into submission with his size but he chooses not too. It is generally true what they say about 'gentle giants.' 

She smirks at him all to sarcastically and rolls her eyes at him nonchalantly like a rebellious teenager. Something about him thought did make her heart go pitter patter. He was not going to give up easily. She thought it over for a minute. What did she have to loose by going with him? Then again what would she gain? He was in a hurry to lead her away because it was obvious she could and eventually would attract the attention of other males.

Next time would she be so lucky? He could be rude and demanding instead of polite and intriguing she supposed. Maybe this would be the best opportunity to come along for the wild eyed filly. As he began to walk away she stomped her hoof, snorted, and whinnied at him.

"And if I go with you what exactly would I be agreeing to your majesty?" Sarcasm peppered the end of the question.

TEALi 

Image of Innocents

kreios

She might be more adept at playing the game of flirtation than I am, but I’m no novice when it comes to interactions with females. Most of them are simple things, wanting only safety and protection. I doubt that this mare is like most. Still, when I started to walk away she was insistent that I turn back, and at her whinny I glance back with a raised brow and a crooked smile.

“Just to come to the Falls,” I reply, “What you do once there would be up to you. You could join a caste or lounge about as a resident and have your fill of whatever it is you might want.” There’s plenty of water and greenery, though I suppose if what she wanted was a round belly and a foal at her feet come Spring I could easily manage that as well. Kingdoms used to be herds for the king, after all, and while I’m not willing to return entirely to ancient times, I can’t see Ygritte protesting the presence of a mare or two with no real responsibilities to the kingdom.

I take another step away, heading east, and glance over my shoulder. “Are you coming?” I ask with a tilt of my head, “Or would you prefer I drive you there like some mute beast?” I am joking, but I’m not inexperienced with either. The mares of the serengeti were quiet things, given to communicating with their bodies rather than with words, and I’d adapted to them as much as they’d done to me. I still prefer speaking, of course, but I can imagine that this mare would’nt mind being chased.

TEALi

Pearl hued vixen laughed at the studs words. What kind of passive leadership was that? It was a rather unimpressive answer to give a princess. She gawked at him wide eyed for a moment unsure of what to say. Her nostrils flared but she tried to regain her composure. 

"Well sir what kind of leadership skills are those anyway? Do you get all the ladies like that?" His large roan muscled pelt was attractive but that would not be enough for her to follow him. She was compelled to reach out and nip him on the rump just to see what he would do.

No she didn't want to get kicked, certainly not by this beasts large hooves. She did want to get him a bit, well, riled up. The hueless mare just could not help herself. She is a bit compulsive you see. 

TEALi 

Image of Innocents

kreios

While her reaction wasn’t exactly ideal, I can tell that I’ve at least managed to unbalance her. She no longer seems perfectly self-assured, and while it might seem as though I’m laughing at her loss of composure (I am not), I cannot help but chuckle at her expression.

“It depends on what the ladies want,” I reply, clearly amused. Her little nip is too quick for me to dodge; I am agile, but I still have a substantial bit of bulk to move around. That does surprise me, but it does not occur to me to lash out at her in retaliation. Instead I take a step forward, pressing my spotted chest against her barrel, knowing that it’ll be harder for her to turn and nip again in such close proximity.

Taking advantage of her nearness, I nibble gently at the crest of her pale mane (a harmless friendly gesture, a platonic grooming – were it not so close to autumn and the season where nothing between mares and stallions is platonic). “Did you want something specific from the Falls?” I ask, the low tone in my voice unable to stray far from a wildcat rumbling, “Or from me? I’m sure the kingdom and I could manage to meet your demands.”