• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Junipyr/Any
    PHAEDRUS
    He looks around the feild before scooping his wing around the mare. This way dear He smiles to her. Wrapping her close to him under the cover of his feathers. He guides her through the flat terrain. They were a lucky few that did not need to travel over the mountains. No most of the time was spent through open feilds and plains of tall grasses. Though two rivers ran through the land that could prove to be trecherous at the wrong time of year. For the most part with his draftly body solidly next to hers it should prove to be no difficulty. After all he could always stretch all the way across and make sure that slipping would never be an issue.

He chuckles abcently at this. Something that she would have to come to expect from him. He takes in her scent his muzzle teasing along her threads of mane. Others should make an appearance soon. He grunts to her as they cross the border. Would you like to be shone around? He pauses letting her catch her breath. After all even as it was flat surfaces it was still a long trek. Nudging her neck for a moment he nods to the oasis showing her the cool waters and lush vegetation around it. Its good shade for the heat, and predators stay away from there. He hoped that dissapointment wouldn't be to bad here.

She had struck a hope within him that he wasn't a fully developed failure. Maybe he could do something with his life after all. Four mares, and what he was hoping would be a few kingdom recruits. But hope was a dangerous thing, and this instance in particular that hope was thin at best.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must
    As Junipyr walked along with Phaedrus, she quietly listened to him talk. When he asked if she would like to be shone around, she said, "Oh, that would be nice, thank you."
    PHAEDRUS
    He was very quiet today, something was out of place. Something that he couldn’t quite make out. He swore up and down that two reflective eyes kept staring at him through the brush. Each step he took sternly watched from afar. He couldn’t find the black mist anywhere. The rolling darkness having been a gift from the dale. Sometimes it would take shape and then flicker out tumbling back into the usual blob of nothingness.
    Today the blob is none existent. He didn’t see where it went nor did he understand how to call it back. Shaking his head her words pull him back from his thoughts. With a smile he drapes his wing over her withers. Guiding her through the grasses, and towards the oasis, lush and green it was the only splash of color against the gold grasses that tickled their belly. This is probably my favorite place to rest. Normally the others are around here as well. He wondered if his silence had chased them away. He hoped not.
    With no way of knowing he took comfort in patrolling the area, a well-marked path showing how dedicated to this routine he was. I hope you like it. He risks a glance her way, interest pricking at his thoughts.
    !
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must