• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL HORSES IN THE FALLS - mandatory kingdom meeting

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

The kingdom has been growing rapidly, and while I have not yet discussed my plans to call a meeting with Ygritte, I am sure that she has been feeling the same things that I have. With so many new faces it is hard to keep track of them, and while a few individual conversations are enjoyable, they do not make a kingdom run as smoothly as it could.

So when the sun has risen to an acceptably high level (I’ve been awake since before dawn, patrolling the border), I go to the hill beside the waterfall, and call out to anyone within ear shot. I try to add the wildcat yowl that carries my voice especially far, but there is something wrong with my throat, and the only noise I make is that of any other stallion, summoning the nearby horses.

I do not address them yet, preferring to wait for Ygritte. I’ve no qualms with making it clearly that she is as much a ruler here as I am, even if the Falls seems to have become something of a herd land in the last few months. I flick my pale tail against my spotted haunches as I wait, knowing that they’ll all be here soon.

Hearing the call, I awake, stretch, and murmur a quick message in a half-awake Sunfall's ear. "There's a meeting. I'll be back, just stay here and rest." I say quickly before walking fowards the source of the sound. I may not have any traits shown, but I was a good tracker and was often sent to try to follow my father as a filly to keep my busy, and it was rare for me to get caught.

Reaching the hill, I saw him waiting. "Yes?" I ask the stallion, faintly recognizing the stallion, named Kreios. Looking up at him, I realized his call was wrong, something was wrong. A sudden feeling of dread appeared in my stomach, and it was hard to not show.

"Wait! Momma..." I hear, somehow she'd followed me, and she was coming up to me with an ear flopped down and a motherly, scorning expression on her face. Sunfall had an old soul, so to speak. Older than mine, which was good on her behalf. She would need it here, in the kingdom. This place was full of older, more experienced adults, and she'd need her wisdom and knowledge every moment to receive respect from the other foals.
    @[Kreios] - Is this a free for all thread to come and hear his words or just you and Ygritte?
    NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER
    Blazed

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

Archam had been out since the crack of dawn, he was out looking for a new mare to court, and keeping an eye on the ones he already claimed. He kept a close eye on Light as she was due very soon. As he re-entered the kingdom he heard a whinny, although he was very new to this kingdom it sounded more or less like a horse calling for a gathering. It must of been Kreis, requesting everyone's presence. He gave a snort curious to what the brute had to say calling the others to him.

As he found the stag a mare and her foal were already there, Kreios was at the top of a hill, standing above the others. The stag cocked his head awaiting for an announcement, seeing as only the three of them were there instead of inquiring he would await others to appear out from hiding.

archam

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

Through the once barren grounds of their home, the blossoming buds of foliage bend to her presence, the very saplings of yesteryear leaning to make way for the bay woman. She moves with a whisper over the emerald moss, a soft thud of her hooves moving her rhythmically like a steady heartbeat. Against the serene back drop she catches a call from the king stallion. Amber pools rotate in their sockets beneath the salmon tresses but her course does not defer as she was seeking him out but he got to her first.

It does not take any time at all to reach a clearing from which a small assembly was forming. Eyes find the tall spotted face of her king, a smile curling coyly over the coral lips as she felt a bloom of pride to see him standing atop the knoll, the gush of waterfall framing him in it's backdrop. In this moment he makes her heart skip and well in her throat but her motion is graceful and uninterrupted. Nods are given to Archam and Blazed, to little Sunfall she makes a funny face (wrinkling her nose and poking her tongue out) before the visage returned to it's usual placidity.

To the massive stallion's left does she take her place. Muzzle brushes against his neck with a few small whispers before her gaze returns to the kingdom members, the flower crowned poll moving occasionally to look to each of the kingdom members, the smile on her lips widening with the approach of the familiar faces. Each and every one of the Falls horses were precious to her for they were her family now and Ygritte was rather protective of that. She remains quiet next to Kreios, honey colored pools watching him from beneath the long lashes in anticipation to his words.

Ygritte.
    ASHARA
    If you're ever gonna find a silver lining It's gotta be a cloudy day

It's a lazy start to the day, she’s had a few of those as of late. Perhaps it’s the cold, age or the lack of necessity because of the growing population. The golden vixen was on her way to another visit to the Field or meadow when a call interrupted her plan. Although irritation might be a normal response she was happy to investigate, break the routine. Amber pools sighted the gathering, a kingdom meeting as it appeared. A little relieved it wasn’t a one on one with the king. A feeling, a weariness kept her from seeking a conversation with him, for fear her secret may come out.

She took a place near the others, giving a nod to Blazed and Archam, and a energetic smile to the little one, before giving the king and queen acknowledgement. My they looked noble together on higher ground, authority bright in their auras. Her slender ears and orbs searched the topography for her dear friend Jedi and curious as to the twins whereabouts. A bit of panic overcame her thinking of her newest recruit @[Sorea] and the fact she would not have heard the call.

Credit Image stock (starrlightstarbright.dA)/ Artist (Vita)

Kreios

wildcat of the falls

The faces that assembled first are those that I expected to see – Ygritte, Ashara, and Blazed. Jedi is likely out patrolling, but I trust that the overo stallion will arrive shortly. Archam’s presence is a pleasant surprise, but I cannot help but notice that the mares he has been gathering here have not come. While I’ve no intention of requesting loyalty from any of them simply because they live here, I do at least expect them to come when called – they live here under Archam’s protection, yes, but under the kingdom’s protection as well.

“Thank you all for coming,” I say, meeting each face with a friendly smile and a nod of my head as they approach. When Ygritte arrives I nudge gently at her neck with my muzzle, returning the easy affection before turning my attention back to the task at hand. “It’s been a while since we’ve had a kingdom meeting, and most of you weren’t around the last time we did.” it was just Ygritte and I, back then, and occasionally Nairne.

“We’ve a few things to discuss. First is stealing. With our rising numbers, we’ve started to attract the attention of other kingdoms. Every pair of eye is needed to watch for steals.” Though I look at them all, I pause especially long at Archam – he knows his mares best, and I do expect him to help keep an eye on them.  “Secondly, if you’ve not yet made it clear to Ygritte and I which caste you’d like to join, please do so now or after the meeting.” I want to promote them, to help them rise through the ranks of the kingdom, but I’m unable to do so if they do not choose a focus.

“Thirdly, we’d like to start negotiations with the other kingdoms. The war is over, and now is the time to begin seek out political alliances. Do any of you have any thoughts on this?” They might have served other kingdoms, or be wary of them, and the advantage of having so many kingdom members is that Ygritte and I will benefit from their opinions.

i’m screaming the name of a foreigner’s god

image by connor obrien

@[Sorea]
    @[Shaya]
    @[Nadeli]
    @[Lightningflame]
    @[TEALi]
    @[Lillex]
    @[Jedi]

It was Mid day and Jedi was off by himself, relaxing before he did a boarder patrol later in the day. He was viewing the current of the waterfall, listening to the birds chirp. The snow was still visible, but slowly melting. Winter was almost over, and spring was upon them! His peaceful thoughts were quickly ended when a whinny shot rang through his ears. He perked his head up and looked around curious to the caller, after thought he pinned it to be Kreios. He scanned the waterfall again only to pin point the position of Kreios and others gathering around.

Jedi broke into a canter as this meeting Kreios called must be important! the wind was whistling in his ears as he ran, his legs pounding into the ground with every stride. Before he knew it he was standing with the other herd members, some that he has never seen before. But Ashara, the golden mare was already there, of course. He gave a small nicker and maneuvered around the crowd to be beside her "Hello" he whispered quietly before looking up to listen to Kreios, who already began speaking. 

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    Nadeil paused in her conversation with light hearing a stallions call she flicked her ears upward she guessed it was the king she broke into a gallop her long legs taking her farther and faster then most horses she arrived quickly at a small gathering of many horses she stopped at the edge of the crowd till nervous around this may horses.
    learn to read between the lines, yeah?

I had to go see mother. She wasn't the most loving of mothers, but she deserved to know where I would be, that I was safe and happy. I was on the border when I heard the call, It wasn't a voice I knew, but I knew I was supposed to go to it. I knew I should stop and see to it. However, I told Ygritte I had to go back to Chamber one more time, and she agreed I should do so. That it was the right thing. I knew the holder of the voice would expect I wait, the call wasn't to be ignored, and I am worried to upset the king of the lands I so hoped would be my forever home. I dance on the border not sure what to do. This is all so confusing, I am so not ready to be avoiding responsibilities but both these options are things I must do. So how do I choose?

I weave as I dance back and forth between decisions. I choose to stay but the idea of making mother wait longer made my heart hurt, so I turned to go and the nagging feeling that I was not doing as I should be pulled at my head. This was stupid. I needed to buck up and decide. Ygritte would understand and would explain. It would be fine. So, I turned and walked out of the Falls, The trip would be short, and I should return quickly. I look back a final time, a little nervous about the conversation ahead. I envisioned Ygritte's warm smile and steel determined eyes and it fortified my decision to stay in Falls, and to go say goodbye.

vessel
    nymphetamine x kimber

ooc: I didn't want to ignore this but plot wise she is supposed to be gone... so....... yeah. <3
    It was by luck Sorea found the gathering she had been unknowingly summoned to that morning. She had woken early, and had taken to walking quietly through the forest, grazing on choice patches of grass before picking up on the scent of many different horses.

Ashara's been through here... Jedi, too... some she recognized, others, she did not.

Curious as to why so many of them would be in the same area that morning, Sorea followed their trail at a leisurely trot. When she had come out from the trees, she saw the many horses standing with each other on the top of the hill. Sorea's muscles tensed as she felt the urge to canter up to them, but not knowing if their meeting was any of her business, she walked up the hill cautiously, figuring one of the attendees would let her know if she wasn't suppose to be there.

Just behind Ashara, Sorea paused, knowing the mare would welcome her and fill her in.