• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In this heart, this barless prison [Kimber, Ygritte/Kreios]

He left the group of Chamberlings frustrated and annoyed with himself. Nothing seemed to help with how to handle the situation he’d gone and gotten himself into with the blue mare. He had torn off into the tall trees that stood guard around Chamber and didn’t look back to see if the blue mare had followed. Part of him hoped she didn’t follow, as he didn’t think he could stand his own embarrassment, nor her harsh tones as he surely deserved a stiff word or two from the only mare that could drive him as crazy as she did. The spring sun was bright above him as he rushed away from chamber, rushed head first into another task, another mission, anything to not deal with any matter of the heart. Around him birds chirped and there were signs of new life—if you were willing to look beyond the scars the war had left on his dear Chamber. Underfoot, new grasses pushed up through the thick laid ash, all around him things started anew. The blood stained brown stallion was not able to follow suit, even deep down he longed to, deep down he wanted to not feel the constant ache for the blue mare, deep down he didn’t know how to do it.

A loud snap of a branch under the pressure of a hoof made him realize the object of his (currently unknown) affection had indeed followed him. She was rapidly moving closer, and he physically tensed as he waited for her words- his verbal lashing that was so very deserved, but none came. So he moved on, and Kimber stayed as she was, both bodies silently moving out of Chamber and into other lands as they worked towards Falls. The silence stretched for far too long, as they moved at hastened pace to the last known place their daughter had been spotted. For far too long his black dipped hooves pounded against the giving soil of the spring ground. The silence was so thick he didn’t know how to break it, any words he thought of were too flippant, too superficial, and quaint. Nymphetamine snapped his mouth shut time and time again, as nothing he thought to say was right. Eventually, he slowed as his muscles ached and he needed to rest. They were near a stream and he moved to it and lowered his head to drink. The cool spring waters washed over him and instantly set an icy feeling over his throat. It was the type of cold that you could follow as it moved down your throat and coated your stomach. It was an oddly comforting feeling, that he took momentary relief in it. Anything to distract him from the weight of Kimber’s stare on him. He knew she looked upon him, knew he had not been fair, knew she would soon say something as she always broke the silence first when neither of them knew what to say.

And then she did, she spoke, and it wasn’t the harsh angry words he had hoped for. She had spoken calmly, straightforward and simply. He wished she had been angry, he could hide behind anger, he knew how to postpone having the real talk they so desperately needed behind the façade of passionate anger. He knew he couldn’t hide behind her simple plea, to not berate and belittle her so publically. The stallion who was so very plain next to her “smurf butt blue” hue visually sank, his head held low, he froze himself there as he mentally pieced together how to move forward with the conversation that would follow. The moment held for what felt like an eternity, words piled together, formed and reformed. The time felt like an eternity, an internal life that he composed and conducted as if it were a grand symphony which ended in the most delicate of fades to give way to his true life. Nymphetamine exhaled and picked himself up as he turned to face the blue mare with the deep complex eyes. At first, he was sheepish in the knowledge she didn’t fully deserve the verbal lashings he so hastily dealt. ”I’m… I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said those things back there. It was wrong, I just… Words failed him as the previous revelation that she was important to him came crashing back to the forefront of his mind. His eyes flashed with the weight of it, her life, her feelings, her well-being mattered to him more deeply than he ever previously thought. Kimber, the infuriating mare with the sharp tongue, was the only one who seemed to make him take notice of the larger picture. He could not keep stuffing this away to linger behind the false front of anger. If he ever hoped to move forward, in any way they had to have this talk.

He didn’t move, though something in him said he should reach to her he held still. They had been too tremulous and unstable to go there. He searched over her, looking for any sign that she thought him other than sincere, he needed her to believe him. He knew it was the only way he could go forward. If she were unable to believe him, he would have to close the door he was so close to opening. He doubted he would ever go there again, not after Keeva. The bay wouldn’t put himself out there again just for Kimber to just leave him high and dry like a joke. His words felt heavier than normal, as if they didn’t want to leave his throat, that they needed more air. Though when they finally did leave him to flow through the air they sounded normal- deep and full of feeling. ”It’s just that for whatever reason, it’s different with you. Obviously you know I’ve been with others since… and I have never cared if they told me about a possible foal from the time we spent together. I…I don’t mean to over share, I don’t know how… I---I just mean to say that I wanted that time with Vessel and Vaughan when they were young, it mattered to me, and I didn’t know that until the time was past and I could do nothing about it. I, I handled it all poorly…I know.”

He dared moving closer to her, not sure if she understood everything he tried to say, he wasn’t even sure of the depth of the feeling he held within him and knew he should keep them to himself until he knew for certain. But the necromancer knew he was ready to not harbor such bitter feelings towards Kimber. His hooves stopped him close enough to reach out to her, but far enough away he could react and pull away if she was still upset with him (and let’s face it, she wasn’t one or physical contact so one never knew with the spicy blue mare). Everything seemed to still as he reached out with his blackened muzzle, took in her scent, and lipped at her own muzzle in apology. His ebony pools danced with the weight that lifted from his shoulders even though he hadn’t actually heard her reply. Still, the conjurer held still as he shared the space with the mare. Even if only for a moment, it was nice to just be in the same place with Kimber and not feel the anxiety he had prior. He waited for a reply, a nod, a snort, anything. The moment was going to have to end soon enough as they both had a mission at hand, but he hoped to hold out for just a while longer. To soak in the feeling that they understood each other was was he needed more now than ever.

After another long pause the blood bay dared a final revelation with the blue mare. Look with this whole Vessel thing, be careful, yeah? Don’t go and be a hero… I don’t think I could handle it if something happened to you.” His tone grew serious and he searched her eyes, gazed into their depths, anchoring his words as deeply within her as she would allow. The words echoed in him mind and between them as the necromancer realized that it sounded too much like a confession of love and back peddled to lighten the mood ”You know… because I’d have to go find someone else to fight with… and to infuriate. It would just be a lot of work for me.” A smile, and light nip at her shoulder topped off the attempt to hide the depth of his feelings about the mare. The sun wasn’t going to stay high in the sky for them to continue their banter but he waited for her to say she was ready to move off. His heart raced as he replayed what he had shared and he had no clue what would come of it, but the saucy mare would surely have something to say.

The breeze picked up and Kimber was ready to go so he continued on to Falls. The rest of the way there was filled with different levels of conversation, though mostly silence and discussion of how to go about finding Vessel. They thundered together over the lands until the gentle landscape of Falls appeared before them. Floral notes and misty humid air floated to tickle his nose. He scanned the borderlands; Falls was nothing like Chamber and he understood what the sweet caring girl had seen here. He glanced at Kimber before he gave a curt nod and announced their presence. Someone here had to know something about their daughter, and he surely hoped they would be useful. He was tense, Chamber and Falls didn’t have a great relationship and he doubted the first instinct would be to expect a friendly visit. The lanky russet desert racer took strength from the fact that neither he nor Kimber would rest until Vessel was found and that they could work together in this at least. In that knowledge he took his solitude as he waited for the next step in their journey to unfold.

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

OOC: please allow @[k i m b e r] to reply first, then whomever else. <3
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    It is with great trepidation that the blue mare treks beyond the Chamber's four corners. While they had stood strong in the face of war and adversaries, wars of the heart were much different and the longer you held the worse your odds got. She has always been emotionally stunted and it grates on her heavily to have any resemblance of feelings. If Kimber would admit it, this all boiled down to her feelings and the fact her ego had been bruised and her heart dug from a deep grave to be bait. The most she could do was just blame herself, that was something she could live with at least but she knows that her child missing is something she can't live with. Kimber didn't understand how her own mother could have left her for dead when her own children are two years of age and she's out looking for one.

She doesn't know her mother but she knows her well enough to know she never loved her.

The proverbially chip on the dip dyed mare's shoulder started early and it's no surprise the root of which all these problems started. Kimber sighs heavily as she maintains her speed but somehow, the necromancer has slowed and originally she had every intention of passing him and going first but he's the diplomat and she was just the cat, sharpening it's claws in the background. "Nymph, please do not belittle or berate me in the company of other kingdoms - we are not in a position to show we have quarrels amongst our own," she says looking at the ground, her humiliation was already present without prompting. She didn't understand why she let him bother her so much, they were just words and in all actuality it wasn't like anyone in the Chamber had made friends with her. She was a loner, despite being wrapped up in all the politics, she always secluded to the woods with nothing but her mental anguish. The blood bay hadn't quite got under her skin quite like she had his, unbeknownst to her, but his teeth were sunk in her and that was enough. Enough to drive her to try to wrangle from beneath it and thus far it wasn't working. There are people you know you should leave alone but you find yourself not being that strong and not really wanting to be. The minister made her want to be close to him in ways that she wasn't even comfortable with but her pride wanted to have her eyes hollowed out. Her heart pulsated quickly as he stumbles on an apology and moves closer to her and she side steps barely to the left, her initial response to just move forward without addressing this. It was done, what could possibly be said?

The Captain was not well rehearsed in terms of endearment.

She listens, calculating and curious for a moment as he talks of her being different. No shit she thinks to herself but says nothing as her amber eyes softly look the necromancer over, her brow no longer furrowed but then he mentions others. Her eyes turn harder, the pupils once large and forgiving spiral down to nothing. "Thank you for the apology but maybe you've just made this bigger than what it had to be," she says, staring up at him and wondering how she can dance around this topic without much injury, "isn't this how this all works? The men get all the pleasure, the women raise the children and the men start the cycle all over again? If we're being transparent here, do you really find yourself a family man? When I met you, I knew that something was amiss and it turns out I was right - why would one night of passion lead me to believe that you were ready anymore than I was to be a parent?" She is not angry but she is honest, they had only met days prior to sharing spit and sweat in the darkness of the Chamber. Kimber never wanted any of this but sometimes life gives you things that you need despite your wants. "We both knew the consequences of our decisions and neither of us cared about one another enough to work out the formalities if it happened," she says thinking back to a time when things seemed overwhelming but they were nothing compared to now. Nymph had been a way to get at Warship, a confirmation that she could be wanted since the one she wanted didn't want her as much. She never anticipated to be entangled for life, in some way or another. "I cannot give you that time back but they both have big hearts, Vaughan is a little harder to get to but Vessel is an open book - if you want it, go get it," she ends sharply, he reached out for her own face. She lipped at his muzzle, she pretended she was irritated, a flippant jerk and a swish of her black tail. Kimber was terrible at saying sorry, she was terrible at communication beyond a superficial level but she was trying. He should be appreciative, she doesn't try for anyone else. A wave of tranquility washed over her for a moment, no one had touched her since Nymph had two years ago - that realization was quite sad in itself. It felt like the waves crashing against the rocks transitioning back into the sea, unsettled and then almost methodically. She felt at east but the dip dyed mare hid herself away, she deserved more but never allowed it. Just as she would make it short lived now, "It's best if we don't touch," she comments, knowing that they couldn't be left alone together for fear of a fight or worse; more children. She swallows that pill hard, the truth of knowing yourself and how to set yourself on fire - and when not to. She moves forward as he starts speaking to her about Vessel, she is bullheaded but she is not ignorant.

The Beqanna Gods knew what they were doing when the created Kimber and granted her immortality.

She looks back towards the bay necromancer, "I'm not sure why you waste your precious words, you know that I'll do whatever I see fit," she snorts, almost as if scolding him for trying to father her but she knows that is not the sentiment, "but I'll do my best to see to it that you have your favorite punching bag is in working condition." She laughs a little, her amber eyes lighten as she walks beside the necromancer towards the Falls. She has heard thoughts of healing waterfalls, lush grass, fragrant flowers - all things that had never existed to her. A world full of beauty, how would Kimber even feel here? A shroud of insecurity falls over her temporarily as she thinks at all the light things and upon entering the kingdom she understands why her sweet daughter would choose such a home. Vessel encompassed all the good parts of Kimber, the ones she didn't think she had in herself, and expressed them. The blue mare smiles sheepishly as she thinks of she and Nymph's daughter, surely they would find her and return her to home. This home, this is where Vessel belonged. "I'm following your lead, Minister," she says warmly, though her face grows less welcoming not knowing the stance the new monarchy held for the Chamber. Only time would tell if this would be a peaceful (dare say pleasant?) venture or a start of a new recipe for war but in the meantime she wondered if these healing waters were real. Her shoulders ached with the formation of bones; wings forming and ready to expel from her body.
    Kimber
    You don't know how hard I fought to survive,
    waking up alone when I was left to die

Kreios

wildcat of the falls

I see thme long before they come to the edge of the kingdom – the summit of the Falls is an excellent vantage point. The two of them are headed down a trail that leads to the center of the kingdom, and I leave the heights in time to meet them at the edge of the land, appearing from the forest only a few heartbeats after the bay stallion calls out. From a distance I’d not been able to identify them, but this close the smell of the Chamber (familiar now, thanks to Dacia) is quite apparent.

Given what the dun mare had said of the Chamber – and their recent involvement in the war, my approach is less warm than it might have been. Though I offer the pair of strangers a smile in greeting, it is not the friendly smile with which I usually welcome those at the edge of our kingdom. “Hello,” I say when we are near enough to converse, dipping my pale head in greeting. “I’m Kreios. What can I help you two with today?”

Though I know that Ygritte had also heard the call of the stallion, I’d had the advantage of seeing them first. She’ll arrive, I know, but perhaps not right away. I wait for the pair to reply, taking a moment to notice the bright wings that adorn the mare and the lack of visible traits on the stallion. That means nothing, I know; he might still have unseen gifts. Or perhaps he might be perfectly normal, as fewer and fewer horses are these days.

I am curious what brings them here. Are they here on diplomatic reasons? Trying to determine where their kingdom stands now that the war is over? Perhaps they are here to take Dacia back; they’ll have a struggle if she is unwilling. I’m not sure what else might bring to members of the Chamber of Evil to the doorstep of the Falls, as neither of them seem injured enough to seek the magical waters.

i’m screaming the name of a foreigner’s god

image by connor obrien

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

The call reached the mare from her place among the lush grasses of one of the many fields that dwelled in the kingdom. Lashes were over the amber pools as the coral limbs moved her form effortlessly, leaving a small trail from were the foliage had embraced her feminine form. A feeling similar to floating always overwhelmed her when she took walks like this, the long blades tickling her belly and ribs.

Russet lids snap open at the sound of an unfamiliar voice, one thick with testosterone. The bay and salmon woman is turning, moving. There was so much activity within her home as of late and with each new face the woman feared there was a seepage of trouble into the quite kingdom. Ygritte does not feel her limbs as she moves for they knew the way, nostrils widen as she gripped for a scent. It does not take long for when the scent of the Chamber reaches her, she quickens her pace.

The sight of Kreios comforts her. The queen does not realize it but the spotted male helps ease the burden she felt on her shoulders for so long. She does not have to walk alone anymore.

Aside the massive stallion stands a bay stallion and a blue mare. Lobes flicker as he pace eases to a methodic walk, her features curious of the two as she has arrived in time to hear Kreios introduce himself as asked the nature of their visit. The mare waits till after a reply to introduce herself, tones low but glide smoothly from her throat. "I'm Ygritte. Good to meet you both."

Ygritte.

Taken aback. Crushed. Shocked. Flabbergasted. The list could go on. The spring air that had seemed so fitting and aligned with the new leap of faith he had taken now just was too bright, too green, too cheerful. The creek, trickled by him and he so wished he was water, he would never be able to stick around, he would wash away with the pull of gravity, and would never be able to grow attached to any place or thing. He looked then to the sky but again the vastness was another ugly indicator he had yet again acted a fool. The blood bay was not a fool however; the words Kimber spoke made sense to him. Yes, they had acted rashly and yes, her logic was sound and completely justified. He had given her no sign, nor indication, and he faulted her not for her actions (even though his heart ached that he didn’t have that time with Vessel and Vaughan). Steel eyes settled for the grass, as it was the only thing that he knew was rooted and attached and would have to be torn away to get somewhere different. She was right, in all of her comments about the the past year or so. He was not taken aback, crushed, shocked, or flabbergasted by those things.

Everything was too bright because he foolishly thought that the tough blue mare would somehow be able to see through his words. The necromancer laid it out there. she was different, she was important. She. Kimber. She. Jesus Christ, how stupid he had been. That she couldn’t put aside the fact that yeah they both had made a mess of things to just be able to see the point the heart of it all. The eyes that had moments before searched hers so deeply, that bared everything his heart and sole to the depths that he understood them stilled and hardened. Not out of anger but out of the realization the one thing he needed she couldn’t see. He didn’t need the logical reasons why her actions were justified, he needed a bit of understanding, a small notion that she could believe she mattered to him. The blue mare was too hardened, maybe she had too many mommy issues to get out of her own way and let him in, or maybe the blood bay was really that blind and there was nothing there. Either way, he was done with that conversation and he would never bring it up again. It she ever grasped his meaning, and wanted to talk about herself he’d listen, but the double agent was done being a spy within his own self.

The hardened interior didn’t complete until he and she were already in that awkward embrace, where Kimber thought of moving on, and Nymphetamine would have fluttered at the thought that she was there on the brink, but he didn’t let that thought enter, it was too much, and he would no longer play a fool, not allow himself to hang on the her, idea she mattered to him, if he didn’t matter to her. The warmth of her breath was gone from the dark tipped muzzle of the necromancer a moment after it arrived with the curt words of staying apart. He didn’t trust his words, so he let it go with a terse nod. Her next statement… he physically halted. Was she really that blind, to everything? He paused a moment longer before deciding on words. He couldn’t be cold, he was over the ice between them. Even though Kimber had greatly reined him in, he should be externally harsh. He rolled his eyes are her retort of being his punching bag. ”It’s all I ask, a small thing really.”

Burry everything below sarcasm, and playful taunting. It was all he could do.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

The lanky stallion had internally calmed by the time the Falls stallion came out of the kingdom to meet them at the border. Nymph was correct that their welcome wasn’t the warmest, but it wasn’t hostile. The chestnut wasn’t overly large, but he was still muscular, and held himself with a manor that depicted a leader. Dark tipped ears flicked towards the Falls stag as he introduced himself. Nymphetamine also heard the approach of another, a lighter slower march. He saw the mare come into the group next to the chestnut, Kreios. She seemed to ease the tension once next the stallion—or maybe it was just him seeing was he wished was the case for him and Kimber. His tall head lowered in a small bow, and he rose to reply in kind. I am Nymphetamine, and this is Kimber, I’m sure you already know we are from chamber. However, we aren’t really here on official business. Our daughter is missing and we heard she might have been here recently.” The bay stopped ant looked to the blue mare to take up the conversation from here. They would have quite the journey to find the innocent little thing, and He didn’t need to be the center of this, it have to be a group effort.

Nymphetamine

in my heart, that barless prison
    discolours all with tunnel vision

ooc: ugh…. That was not how I thought it would come out… it’s a little crappy and I use “he” way too much. also BF came out from playing video games and i never write well while he is around.
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    They are such a mess, anyone could see that but no one dared to say it at least so far. Times had been hard, life had been hard and Kimber was doing her best to keep stride. Kimber can tell that what she said wasn't exactly what the bay wanted to hear but she had to make sure she wouldn't get hurt. She was stubborn to a fault. As she turns from him, she immediately feels pulled back in like a moth to a flame - flittering away as the flame licks the delicate wings, only to circle back in and feel the heat all over. "Nymph," she whispers under a cracking voice, it's vulnerable and raw in tone but then she tightens her lips as he progresses, it's not worth the trouble now. She follows, quietly as she makes her observations of the Falls. Her shoulders are still achey from the newfound wings that have sprouted in recent days, a little dried blood still remains even. She wonders if the waters were truly healing, she wonders then even if they were if the King and Queen would allow it. Sometimes being the big bad wolf wasn't as fun as everyone sad it was.

She had been good, she had been bad, she hopes she isn't damned to either.

Her heart was whirling with emotional turbulence but on the surface it was a calm, collective wave you would see. She listens quietly as the necromancer, her necromancer (though her possessiveness wasn't openly returned) introduced them. The two seemed friendly enough but she wasn't here to make friends per say, she wasn't sure she had made a true friend. Warship she had considered a friend but he just wanted a fuck. "He's better with formalities, obviously," she manages to give a half-hearted smile to Kreios and Ygritte, she cannot discern yet if they are together but she is certain that her tiff with the bay stallion was not unheard. "Would you mind if we give the area a look? We don't want to impose on you but I can take to the skies and Nymph can search the ground if that's permissible?" Kimber was not often so well spoken, nor did she often ask for permission but the last thing she wanted was to get caught up in controversy while her dear daughter was missing. "What about the waterfall? Is there any caves hidden behind it or around it?" she wants an excuse to go, it's true that cats are curious and this one has infinite lives. The closeness of the two monarchs gives her a certain need to be closer to her own kind and so she steps closer into Nymph's shoulder, her bluejay wings folding down across his ribs and her own. She closely watches the bay, knowing that her signals aren't the best but it needs to appear a group effort even if he never wants to talk to her after this. The blue dip-dyed mare realizes there's only so many times you can push and pull before the string breaks but it's not that thin yet; at least not on her side.
    Kimber
    You don't know how hard I fought to survive,
    waking up alone when I was left to die