• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if i dont open up my eyes, that's fine by me [Eira]
    WEIR
    Darwin laughed, a turtle sort of chuckle left his leather lips. Of course he was sure many might wonder about him and his exquisite uniqueness but he was just as surprised at her forwardness. It was charming and he could see why Weir was so taken with the woman.

‘Just the same as you do.’ laughing and smiling at his own smart answer. ‘Mostly I talk because I have things to say but really in a way they are what Weir has to say.’ It was a twisty sort of conundrum but it made perfect sense to the two.

“Darwin is my soul Eira, he’s a part of me and thus he speaks. Perhaps it is because he is such an intelligent thing. Come to think of it I’m not sure I’ve heard any of the other souls talk, doesn’t mean they couldn’t though. If they want to of course.”

Darwin had always spoke, it was just what Darwin did. Now that the subject had been broached he wasn’t sure if Darwin was the only speaking soul or just the only soul with things to say. Maybe the others didn’t have such a voice, maybe they just chose not to use it. Either way he supposed Darwin himself was pretty special and that made him feel proud.

“You will? I mean you will! Oh glorious, of course to the Dale we shall go then- right this way.” He couldn’t wait to be off, excited at the prospect of a new Kingdom member and a new student. Neva was just going to love her too, he knew it, he had feelings about these kinds of things.

“Not to worry Eira, ears are ears but you’re right. It could have been much worse but with proper practice we can set that worry aside. We can be a team.” His step and speech was jaunty as he turned them toward the Dale’s borders, a slight limp taking his gait but nothing overly concerning. It was barely noticeable unless one was just paying far too much attention.

He took the long way, curving out around the adoption Den before cutting through the playground. There were few foals about these days even if it was so nice out, he wondered if times of War were the cause. After that they would cross the river to the Golden Plains, one of few herd territories within his Kingdom. It was fine for sight-seeing and the refreshing water was welcome at least for Weir, he stood on the banks for some time taking long droughts.
    WINTER IS COMING

@[Eira]
    Her eyes drop to the ground as Darwin chuckles. “Sorry.” She mumbles. If she’d been human she would’ve flushed bright pink with embarrassment. She knows it’s an awkward question, but she does think it’s a fair one. In her short life she’s never met another species able to communicate with horses. To her, Darwin is unusual, though she has no way of knowing whether he’s a rarity here as well.

Weir’s explanation only serves to confuse her more, though it does at least confirm her impression that Darwin is unusual. “What do you mean, he’s your soul?” Her eyes lift for a moment to peer curiously at Darwin, before looking up to Weir’s face. “How can your soul be visible … and a different animal?” This place is truly incredible. She can’t help but wonder what other incredible things Beqanna might hold.

She can’t help but smile at Weir’s excitement when she agrees to go to the Dale with him and she eagerly steps forward to follow him as he and Darwin turn away. As they begin to walk, he comments on the ears and her eyes sink yet again. Though, not because of her embarrassment over the ears. A team … she likes the sound of that. “I’d really like that.”

The walk to the Dale is long but not arduous and Eira wonders at the things she sees the whole way there. The lands that they pass through are beautiful, lush and green, far more plentiful than anything she’s ever seen. She’d thought home had been lovely, but this …

They stop on the banks and Eira lowers her head to drink from the cool, clear water. Thirst sated, she raises her head to look at Weir, smiling. “This is such a lovely place.”
    EIRA
    nothing's only words, that's how hearts get hurt
    WEIR
    He lifts his russet head from the river’s waters, maw dripping with clear droplets of refreshment.  He knew that the souls were an interesting and new concept in Beqanna, even to those that had been around for some time and he smiled at her ceaseless questions.

“Ah yes that,” Weir begins, chewing his cheek in thought as he wonders were to start. “Well, you can see him because he wishes to be seen of course. On this plane of visibility. Sometimes Darwin goes, mmmm, elsewhere inside someplace and others he can be seen outside of my body.”

“Yes well, I prefer to be out thank you,” Darwin concedes, sliding his mass into the shallows. “I am here because of Magic Eira, because the Fae decided it would be and I’m here to help Weir should he need it.”

“And a grand help you are,” The roan male winks sidelong at Eira as he speaks. “Yes, Darwin is more or less a gift from the Fae, a gift from my Kingdom.  He is, in essence, my soul personified as an animal.”

He blinks, looking at Eira to judge her reactions or level of interest. “Of course there are others too, Kingdom members receive their own once they are integrated and loyal to the Dale. It’s a fine reward if nothing else, and for the most part a fine companionship.”

Darwin was good company, he really was, grouchy as he may be at times- but Weir felt that gave him great character. “Yes, a team, I like it. Oh-oh this? Well we havn’t made it into the Kingdom proper just yet.” Finding his way across the steadily flowing waters he shakes the excess moisture away much like a dog, before continuing them along their way. Passing through the great stretch of plains and into the mountain lined valley of the Dale itself.

“This Eira, is the Dale. Welcome home.” If Weir had arms he would stretch them wide, displaying his homelands most proudly. "Here we are ruled by the good King Ramiel, you'l meet him I am sure. Also my children Whittaker, Chrysaeta and Neva are around." He beams most radiantly when speaking of his kids, ears fluttering on top of his head between locks of ginger hair.
    WINTER IS COMING
    She hopes she’s not bothering him too much with all the questions, but she can’t help but to ask them. The land that she’d come from before had had so little in the way of magic - she’d in fact been the only horse with an ability that she’d ever known. But in Beqanna … in Beqanna magic is everywhere. It’s all just just so new to her and there’s so much that she still doesn’t know, still so much that she wants to know.

She listens, mesmerized, as Weir explains more about the special nature of Darwin’s existence. “That’s fascinating!” She wonders where exactly Darwin goes when he goes ‘inside,’ but somehow that doesn’t seem terribly polite to ask.

Her eyes widen in surprise when the tortoise mentions the ‘Fae,’ and her mind tries to work through all of the questions that suddenly pop into it. She’s heard of the Fae of course, but only ever as some sort of fairy tail. But Darwin’s words imply that they are real and that are active in and about Beqanna. She’s about to ask what else the Fae might do, when Weir speaks up again with a tidbit of information that really catches her interest.

“Do … do you mean that I could do that too? I mean, that I could have my own soul personified as an animal once I become a member of the kingdom?” It sounds like such a wonderful thing. She would have a little companion at all times, a friend that would truly understand her because it is a part of her. A friend that would never be scared of her abilities … and one that she would never be able to hurt.

She’s distracted from the thought when Weir reveals that they haven't quite yet reached the Dale itself, and the both of them forge their way thorough the river and continue on their way.

Before too long they stop and Weir introduces the new territory as the Dale, his homeland. Eira stops to stare in wonder for a moment, brown eyes taking in the rolling hills, the little copses of trees, and a myriad of little rivers. She turns to Weir, eyes shining with happiness. “It’s beautiful Weir. I can already tell I’m going to love it here.”

She doesn’t fail to notice the pride in his voice as he mentions his children and she smiles back. Considering how kind he’s already been to herself, a complete stranger, she imagines that he must be a wonderful father. “Could I meet them?”
    EIRA
    nothing's only words, that's how hearts get hurt