• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Just trying to get through (Any)
    She was a little hard on herself for getting so lost. Oda stepped through the tall grasses, her shaggy mottled coat standing out against the green. There seemed to be many others wandering about just as she, which comforted her but made her stress out just as much. She walked with head held high, ears back as if saying...

Try me.

Sure she was pretty guarded, but she had all right to be. Figures. Abusive sires tended to do that to a naive little filly that she was.
    Not anymore.
    Now she was a warrior in her prime, a wolf in sheep's clothing. Oda kept her blue eyes forwards as she tramped along, knowing better than to make eye contact with the stallions. They were nothing but trouble.

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

Archam took a stroll in the field as he normally would, he had a herd with five mares and was ready to expand as breeding season was on them. He scanned the horizon of mares to find a petite blue roan mare. A smile grew on his face as she was beautiful, although her ears were pinned back and she was on guard. He enjoyed a challenge and was willing to put the effort in to court the mare.

He gave a small nicker and picked up a trot over to her, he stopped a few paces away from her, ensuring she was given the space she asked for. "Hello dear, my name is Archam, are you looking for a herd?" the stallion wasted no time getting to the point, he wanted her in his herd. His head was held high, in pride. He was much of a gentleman with his mares, he didn't get along with stallions, but always treated his mares with respect. The autumn breeze lifted his mane off his neck, sweeping his tail with it; only to gently lay them back in place. 

archam

the dead are gone

Little by little, she is starting to recover. She still misses her mother of course, still misses her awful jokes and constant prodding, but the pain has lessened now, scarred over perhaps. She doesn’t have the luxury of time after all, she can’t loose herself to her grief - her kingdom needs her. Even more so in the aftermath of the war.

What she really needs to do at this point is practice her battle skills, but she is still reluctant - the memories of her almost complete loss of control during the war still too fresh. So instead she is pacing the field, keeping an eye out for mares that might make good potential recruits for the Jungle.

She spots one almost immediately - a proud looking blue roan that stands amongst the grasses, head held high. She seems guarded and cautious, and Lexa immediately sees the potential lying within. This is a strong, independent creature, one that would potentially do quite well in the Amazon kingdom.

She steps forward to approach, but is beaten there by a bay roan stallion that smells a little like, and yet not entirely like, the Falls kingdom. She arrives in time to hear the stallion introduce himself and offer the mare a potential home in his herd. Lexa smiles and nods her head in greeting, and adds her own offer for the mare’s consideration. “Hello there, I’m Lexa. And if the herd life is not for you, I can perhaps offer you a place in my home kingdom, the Amazons.”

and the living are hungry.

lexa.

To her dismay, her posturing seemed to do the opposite of intended, and before she knew it the roan mare had company. Rhythmic hoofbeats ring in her ears and she turns her large head, blue eyes scanning the visitor. He was a roan as well, very tall compared to her. Despite his frightening appearance, he sounded gentle in his words. His head was high, unashamed by his obvious point. 

"Perhaps... I need a new start." She wouldn't fool herself. This was the reason she was here. Oda is about to say something else when another mare padded up to her. Her spots were striking and Oda found herself jealous of her coat almost immediately. She was nothing but kind as well, but she had not heard of these 'Amazons.' 

"What might my duties be if I joined you?" Even though she had some issues in the past, she really was just looking for a new start. Wherever it might be.

Archam watched as the roan mare seemed displeased with his presence, although her voice was calm and showed no fear he was near. An appaloosa mare was soon to approach offering a home in the Amazons. He looked at the second mare with annoyance. Sometimes the kingdom diplomats were ruthless and would join in on any conversation, so long as they get a recruit. Of course the choice was up to the roan mare, Archam buttrd in anawering the mares question every kingdom has two castes, the dilpomat and the warriors. If you join my herd you could choose a caste in the Falls' kingdom as well" he expanded her options. If she wanted a job she could join a caste, the decision was up to her, what kingdom, and did she want to be in a herd.

archam

The blue roan swished her tail and chewed nervously. The breeding season was upon them and briefly she wonders if he wanted to breed her. She was four now, going on five, and still had never foaled. "I.. would really just like a normal herd life." He seemed accommodating, but there was going to be time to trust him. "And where is it you call home?" By now her ears had moved into a more relaxed position, but her head was still held high. A stallion of his stature could easily force her into his band if he wanted.

the dead are gone

The mare seems startled by the attention and Lexa makes sure to take a few steps back, not wanting to crowd her. It must be strange to be in an entirely new land after all.

She smiles politely as the mare asks after what her duties might be in the kingdom, and opens her mouth to explain. “Well, the Amazons is a kingdom of mostly mares. And as for what your duties would be, well, that’s up to you! We have two castes - the army and the diplomats. I am personally a member of the army.” Though, thankfully, she hasn’t had as much fighting to do as of late. “Army members participate in mock battles to keep up their skills, and diplomats assist in our relationships with other kingdoms. And if you aren’t interested in either caste, that’s fine as well! We have plenty of horses that are simply residents of the kingdom. We’re a pretty close knit group and very loyal to each other.”

She bows her head slightly as the mare indicates that she might prefer the herd life, but she doesn’t leave, not quite yet. She wants to see if her description of the kingdom has any appeal to the mare first.

and the living are hungry.

lexa.

The appaloosa backs away, and it allows the petite mare to relax more, and her head lowers slightly.

Don't let your guard down.
    He hears the Amazonian out. Mostly mares sounded good, but the thought of an army brought ideas of war and anguish in her mind, something she wasn't fond of. 
    "Do you fight often?"
    Oh, she's so unsure. The thought of peaceful herd life with foals verses the idea of growing into a strong mare, protecting her kingdom. They both had their good points.

"I don't mean to ask so many questions.. I'm young. I'm not sure what I'm searching for."

The roan mare had basically agreed to join the herd, she asked where he called home and as he took a breath to speak the appaloosa mare interrupted. He paused allowing her to speak, she described the amazon and how there was more mares than stags in there kingdom. This caught the interest of the roan mare who began asking questions about the Amazon.She finished by saying she didn't know what she wanted. He gave a small chuckle I live in a herdland called the cobblestone in the Falls; our kingdom is pretty neutral and we have not participated in wars (to his knowledge). "I do hope you will join my herd" he spoke, the ball was in her court. The roan mare was free to choose whatever she saw most fitting.

archam

The tiny blue roan looked at them both, eventually reaching her muzzle out to the bay roan. "I think I'd like to join you, Archam. I'm Oda." She faces the other mare, and lowered her head. "Apologies, I believe I'm wanting something more formal than you offer. Perhaps in the future I'd be interested."

//perhaps we should make a post in his kingdom?