• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

“What do you fear, lady?' he asked. 'A cage,' she said.”; Phaedrus
    PHAEDRUS
    He offers her an attempted smile. Then she reminds him of the occurance. Enlightened renewal flickers in his eyes and he smiles wider in recognition Oh thats right, well its good to meet you again Ygritte. She begins to walk and he follows suit setting a lazy pace through the sea of grasses. How do the Falls fair these days?

It doesn't take long for her to get down to business and he can't help but admire that. His conflict with the feline all but forgotten. More pressing matters taking his attention. Though her gold eyes slant sending daggers his way from between sheaths of gold. Though she makes no effort to reveal herself at the moment soft paws kneed the mossy earth underfoot.

He listens to her the crickets humming in the background punctuating her words, and setting a relaxing enviroment for them. He is puzzled by her words, then baffled by the apology. He opens his maw to tell her not to worry when she then proceeds with a thank you. For a moment he is stunned into silence. Well I can't say I was expecting this. He shakes his head attempting to clear it from the fog that muffled his thoughts. Thank you Ygritte. I understand the needs of a kingdom, and I can say that it is even rarer to find those that are willing to make peace. The last comment reflected back on the war that just recently occured.

He couldn't tell her to disregard the situation completely as much as he wanted too. Sorea had not only broken a promise, but also completely tossed aside her entegrity. Going to the Falls, and attempting to apologize to her only to be dismissed with nothing more then another stallion ready to murder him for attempting to claim what was rightly his. It made him not only look like a utter fool, but also a weak willed idiot. Both of which he wasn't, and never would be.

I do want to say that I hold nothing against the Falls, or youself. I made a promise and I had every intention of keeping it, but some things are unavoidable. However I did attempt to make ammends only to be disregarded. I understand that sometimes things change. He pauses I do apreciate the apology, I'm sure you understand the embarrasment of trying to make peace and being looked at as a malicious thing. I do have a kingdom to represent after all. He shakes his head, though he would probably always have a slightly grudge against Sorea herself for shaming him. He would never hold it against the falls.

He smiles at Ygritte nudging her in attempt to get a smile. Enough of this, I'm sure that it was difficult for you to come all this way to make up for a crime you didn't commit. He chuckles, I hear rumors of a alliance He wanted to do something, he wanted to serve his kingdom and have stuff that he could do to influence the kingdom. He was feeling slightly discouraged that with all the work he had put towards the kingdom none of it seemed to be paying off. It was still dead, he was still a lowly anitiate, you couldn't get lower in the ranks then he was. But then again what was he supposed to think, he would forever be a dissapointment. Didn't matter what he did. Never would he get anywhere in life. Quit feeling sorry for youself Sheba hissed at him in his mind. He smiles slightly maybe they could work out their relationship.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: “What do you fear, lady?' he asked. 'A cage,' she said.”; Phaedrus - by Phaedrus - 04-22-2016, 07:34 PM