• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Au Revoir {Herds}

A kiss is not a contract

Seasons, they pass so quickly now before her. It seems as if things have only progressed for the blue-tinged mare instead of slowing down, as they should be. Yesterday she was a foal, rescued from the clutches of the great horned one. Now, she is a mare; fully grown and more capable than her mother would think. If Felinae had her way, Besra would remain in Heaven’s Gates forever, growing stagnant and babysitting her younger sister. But Zeik, her father … he understood. He’d caught her as she was leaving the borders of her kingdom, fluttered down from the branches lazily and shifted quickly to block her path.

It hadn’t been to stop her, only to wish her well and remind her that she’d always have a home to return to. Placid Zeik … linked to Felinae and happy with that as his ending. Besra had wanted more though, so with a quick farewell she’d picked up the pace and crossed the tangible boundaries into the field, feeling for the first time a sense of wanderlust and excitement. The sun had begun to draw its arc over the clear blue sky, a color that was equally reflected in her flippant mane and tail. Perhaps appealing to some, a warning to others, but always comforting to herself. Color, especially blue, had become a sigil for her small family.

She slows to a halt near the center of the grassy plain, enjoying the sensation of freedom and the tall grass against her speckled, grey belly. Kingdom life had been the only thing she’d ever known, she was past that life now. Maybe, she reasons, it was time to settle down in a simpler way, a more concrete way. The thought of mares gathered around, small foals weaving between their legs while a watchful pair of sovereign eyes guarded them was something she’d romanticized for a time now. Today was the day those dreams came true.

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

The seasons are changing once again, the leaves are now all on the ground, the grass is over grown, and the days are getting colder. He was once again out in the field looking to expand his herd. As he made his way to the entrance of the field he looked around, horses were still there but not as many as usual. It was breeding season and the horses left in pairs only to part ways after breeding season. He scanned the horizon spotting a blue mare; he has seen a lot of different types of horses, horses of all different colors. But he cannot recall seeing a blue horse like her, well at least not as stunning.

She was to beautiful to not introduce himself to, he picked up a trot and swayed his way over to the mare, giving a low nicker as he neared her. Slowing to a halt he dipped his head to her before speaking "Hello, I'm Archam; and you are?" he asked, his bay roan pelt looked darker in the cold seasons when the sun was hidden. Her pelt was a perfect blue, not as light as the sky, not as dark as water, not an eye sore. He would love to have her join his herd, be his mare. His ears flicked forward with interest, his heard beat a little bit faster. was he actually nervous approaching this mare?

archam

PHAEDRUS
    Normally he stays along the borders, under the shadowy protection of the forest trees. This is where he picks his way along occassionally meeting a few lost creatures. Every so often tucking himself away to watch the bantering antics of other horses. Sheba would use this time to prowl around and startle every horse with in sight. Never did her fangs touch their hide. Still the distance was pleasant, quiet, yet at the same time busy, and intertaining. Today though there is few horses, and it is almost winter, if he was ever to make a last ditch effort today would be that day.

Winter was coming, the soft undercoat was dulling out the shine of his ebony fur. His dark blue mane had finally finished growing back from the war, full and long it tickled his chest each step causing a waft of a shimmer. Wings tuck at his sides careful not bump into anything unwarrented. Its then that he spots a creature polar opposite of himself. Yet something drew him closer, some unknown reason brought his curiousity to life. As dark as his coat is hers is whiter, as richly blue as his mane is, hers is more pale then the sky itself. It added a sort of witchy aura to her. Sheba could sense it as well. She prowled beside him, soft paws taking step by careful step. Scuz my interuption. He smiles to the other stallion, acknowledging the lady as well.

I'm Phaedrus of the Dale, and Golden Plains He has a flicker of a memory of this stallion, a young stag ready to jump on the first opportunity to prove himself. A twinkle of mischief arises in his eyes, my had this one grown into quite the gentleman. Having heard of nothing about how he treated his mares, Phaedrus could only hope that the lesson he had taught the young creature had extended to that was well.

He had just missed the others introduction, and even as the season brought many stallions out of hiding. For Phaedrus it was simply a time to watch. A time to mull over lifes unexpected turns, and lusty control that filled the air. Horses that were normally peaceful creatures would turn violent and take anything that walked there way. Mares that would normally hide and steer away from the males made an attempt to grab their attention. Maybe this is why he had decided to stay in the shadows? Well it was to late to turn back now.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

A kiss is not a contract

It would be remiss of her if she didn’t enjoy this pivotal occasion. Not one, but two suitors to take her pick from. Until this moment, Besra had thought herself something of a plain dove; unquestionably lovely, but cookie-cutter in a horse sort of way. With their enamored stares and their equally curious mannerisms, Besra feels rather a sense of control instead of a lack of it. Curious, how power can send the heart racing, have her grinning again like a youngling fresh off a clover patch. Her ears stand at the ready, head drawing up prettily so that she can exchange a tentative gust of breath with Archam as he introduces himself. “Besra,” She laughs, the sound escaping from her lips in airy nervousness, “I’m from … well I was raised in the Gates.”

She’s hardly given him time, an inky blackness alerts her that the other has come to approach and make pleasantries. He’s striking, wings and all, and against her skin he seems like the darkness to her light. But that’s not exactly what culls her attention - the curious little bobcat at his side has her tipping her head gently before a knowing smile winds across her lips. He was gifted, that much was assured, but Besra wasn’t one to be so overcome with fascination at the oddities that roamed Beqanna. Both of her parents had been shifters, but she’d had to do without. Living an ordinary life could be a struggle when stacked against such obvious glory. However, the colored girl isn’t one to be rude, so she offers the same greeting to Phaedrus: grey, velvet nose tapping against his ebony one before she pulls back.

“Phaedrus, what a strong name. As I was telling Archam here, my name is Besra.” She exchanges, throwing a warm glance in the bay roan’s direction. With a quick inhale, she settles her stomach and her mind, considering how to take the next step. She should be smart - this was no easy decision for her. Whatever she chose could very well end up being her lifestyle for many years to come. Determined as she could be, Besra still feels the crushing weight of just how difficult this would be. “Firstly, I’d like to know how many mares you each care for. Lying won’t be in your best interest either.” She warns, a playful smirk toying with her lips. “And then secondly, I’d like for each of you to tell me why you think I’d make a good addition to your harem.” She finishes, nodding with finality.

Her blue eyes flicker between them, waiting for either to squirm under her unusual requests. Besra wasn’t much, but she certainly wasn’t like other mares.
    PHAEDRUS
    He wasn't one for flattery, so he just brushes off her comment about the name. Nice to meet you Bersa he was going to have to pick a lead soon. This was a matter weighing heavily on his mind. As to whom he had not fully decided yet. He needed someone strong, and sensable for the job. Someone that wouldn't let her emotions rule her judgement.

He needed someone that could stand in for him when he wasn't present to keep order and ward off anything that could harm the others of the herd. Some thought this position was about love, and who would bare children. His concern was focused on the needs of his herd. They seemed to be pressuring for something he wasn't ready to give, and this was driving him to the field once more not only to find that one suitable mare for the job, but more to get a breath of air. She continues be asking a question, seemingly a strange one Eight currently, including a filly He responds to her matter of factly.

Why was this whole herd business turning out to be about love and children he couldn't understand, not yet at least. He had started the little group to strengthen the members of kingdoms, he had provided the land as a sanctuary for horses that otherwise would have had a demanding stallion pumping children out of them every season. Now he was begining to understand why those stallions resorted to such methods of control. Though he was still apalled by them and would never dream of employing them himself. What he could understand was that it did keep a order to the herd and need of each member satisfied.

There had to be another way though, his herd could take comfort in each other, he wanted to provide them with a female leader that they could look up to. As he stood there bemoaning the predicament he had gotten himself into she once again askes a question. You seem to be level headed. Something else he noted was polar opposite of himself. He had started this journey in rash decission just as he started everything.

Some would say otherwise, but that was pure and simple luck of the draw. Even in his rashness, he still managed to complete what ever it was that he had set his mind too. His bobcat was getting annoyed with his dreamy stare and silence, choosing to step in for him she walked up to the mare. Is there anything else you would like to know? She purrs out the words slow and steady. No use standing around with so much that needed to be done that day. She couldn't be sure but the cat thought that maybe the other stallion had left, though she didn't dare turn around to find out. That would just be plain rude.

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

The blue mare introduces herself and tells Archam she is from the Gates. Before anything could be said another stag approaches them, this one had a nice stature and blue in his mane and tail. The stag was quick to introduce himself, and the blue mare was quick to know what was going on. Both stags wanted her in there herd, and she wanted to know why!? Why does any stallion want a mare in there herd? To produce kin, to assist with the large amount of horses (if it was a large herd).

He stared at the blue mare when she asked that, thankfully the dark stag was quicker to respond. He said that he had eight horses in his herd to include a filly, which was ironically the same situation for his herd. His only response to the blue mare was that she was level headed? How did he know that she was level headed? they all had only just met.

It was only natural for horses to want to live in herds, there was a lead stallion and a lead mare; although Archams lead mare position was still open. He didn't have quick response to the mare "I also have eight horses, to include my filly" he said as he gazed to the dark stag quickly before returning to the mare "Truthfully I want you to join my herd because you are mesmerizing; you draw me in" the stallion did not get along with other stags, but was kind to his mares. He wanted to get to know this mare, and when he wanted something he had to have it. He gazed at the mare hopeful that she would choose to join his herd, the other stag had the same offer it was now up to the mare to choose who she finds the best suitor. 

archam

A kiss is not a contract

So, both large herds. One seems to be genuine, the other, all talk. There’s a world of difference between hoarding mares for personal reasons, and offering them a home due to circumstances. Blue eyes flicker between them, head tilting while she contemplates silently. Better to be in honest company than to be wondering why she left the Gates in the first place. A question for her has the blue-dipped girl looking downward, smile winding on her lips as her tail flicks nonchalantly. “Nope.” She offers to the bobcat, focusing once more on the two males.

“Archam, you’re dismissed.” She tells the bay, curt tone a reflection of her mood. She could smell the misdirection from a mile away. One step home with him, and Besra would be forgotten as soon as she arrived. With a brief sigh she turns back to Phaedrus, swallowing her apprehension to meet his eyes. “Consider me number nine.” She laughs, stepping forward to meet him at his side. She’s careful not to let the black wings brush against her skin, though she’s curious to know what they feel like. “I do have a demand though. I want the freedom to come and go as I please.”

She’ll want to see her younger sister, to see her father and mother once more and ease their worry. After that, perhaps she’ll stick around the herd land until something entices her. With Phaedrus having the ability to leave and return whenever he so liked, it seemed nearly unfair to restrict the other mares or Besra of that gift. “Not to worry though, I intend to be very active in my new home.” She chuckles, nose bumping against his shoulder softly. “Ready?”