• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Vakarian
    PHAEDRUS
    His gaze turns to her, a moment of stillness passes. What transpires in his mind he could not say. Not because he didn't want to, but because he honestly had no idea. When he realizes that she has spoken he smiles to her in acknowledgment. Leading her in the direction fo the path that would lead them to his herd, he watches from the corner of his eye making sure to match his pace to hers, not wanting to stride to quickly for her. Fully realizing that he made this journey almost daily and the others that he encountered ussually were not accustomed to such treks.

Sheba walks on her other side her constantly flicking tail bumping into what ever laid in her path. She hums in the silence a ballad that had no meaning what-so-ever. Probably a mix of different bird calls stringed together in rhythm.

He snorts at this, If she ever gets annoying just say so. I'm the only one she would never listen to he bumps into the red coated mare with a jovial wink. the cat simply hummed louder at this comment with a toothy smirk. He can't help but roll the muddy eyes.before the conversation can die out he proceeds to ask. What brought you to the field in the first place? He realizes how rude that sounded startling himself in that seconIf you don't mind me prying that is.

The trees part and the plants bow out of their way. He uses his wing needing to lay it across her back to brush aside the branches that would otherwise smack her in the eyes. Finally there is a break in the trees and hints of gold faded in and out of  vision peaking through to see who was invading their land. Once again he uses his wings to create a sheild around her to pass through at her own timing. He stops just at the break before it crosses into the ocean of grass and frollicking horses contained there.

He nervously gazes at her watching for her reaction Welcome to the Golden Plains. Sheba gives a growl of content satisfaction and sudden pounces into the nearest tree gracefully landing crouching until she is lazily draping on the branch. With a oversized yawn, her eyes flicker closed and the low rumble of a purr could be heard.

His tail flicks and after they had stepped through and the grasses tickle is belly. I'm sure there will be a few that would like to greet you. Unless they are still antisocial. He hoped not, he would like the herd to be able to consider each other family after all. It was his ultimate goal that the creatures here would grow to trust one another enough that they could hang around each other without breaking into a cat fight.
    V A K A R I A N
    i'd rather be a riot than indifferent
    Phaedrus pauses for a moment, seemingly deep in thought, and Vakarian gives him a moment to process whatever he’s thinking about. When he finishes, he does not share, and simply smiles and begins to lead her away.

As they walk, the bobcat trots along on her other side, humming happily away. Vakarian listens for a moment, but can’t make head nor tails of the tune. Neither, apparently, can Phaedrus, as he quickly comments that she should let him know if Sheba gets annoying (at which the cat hums all the louder). Vakarian chuckles. “Oh I don’t mind.” The humming is odd to be sure, but not entirely unpleasant.

He asks what brought her to the field and she looks away momentarily. It’s a good question really. “I’m not sure, to be honest. I used to live in the Valley, a long time ago, was born there in fact and when I came back to Beqanna I didn’t really feel like going back.” What with both of her parents gone, it hadn’t felt like there’d be much of a point in going back. “I guess I just wanted to experience something new.”

They walk for some time, moving easily through the underbrush as Phaedrus brushes it away easily with his wings. Finally they come out upon a field and Phaedrus introduces it as his territory, the Golden Plains. She can hear the tension in his voice - clearly he’s nervous about her first impression of the territory. Luckily for him she’s quite pleased. The rolling fields of golden grass, spotted with trees and ending in a large pool of water is quite pleasant to the eye, and she could see herself possibly enjoying herself here. She smiles as Sheba climbs and drapes herself over a nearby try, and turns her head to look at Phaedrus. “It’s quite lovely Phaedrus.” Her eyes travel momentarily back to the field before them. She can’t see anyone else, but the smell of other mares is thick upon the land. “How many other mares do you have living here?”
    covet and azula's diamond armored daughter
    PHAEDRUS
    She states that she doesn’t mind the cat. He shrugs acknowledging her statement. The cat grinning in a “I win you lose” smile. This he snorts at, but she just keeps humming unphased by anything he could do or say. Soon they arrive and she assures him that he didn’t disappoint. He can’t help but wonder at just how it is that he is managing to break his record for disappointment. Why it is that now suddenly things seem to be turning to his favor. His king pleased with him, his mocks, even if he doesn’t win still putting up a great fight. Eight I believe, though some like to hide. And his herd. For once the situation is reversed and he is the one disappointed. He wished he could help them interact and enjoy each other’s company as much as he did theirs.
    Winter was setting in and he can’t help but grumble. Winters coming. stepping forward into the grasses he responds to her. Yes I was born there. Interesting place the Valley. That was saying the least. He hated the Valley. Hated what it represented for himself for his family. He begins walking more along the edges of the grassland. Reaching the pool was his goal but first they had to cross the ocean of gold. This would be a calming atmosphere after having been in the forest and other reaches where things that resided in the dark could reach them.
    As they stride along he puts his nose to the ground snorting when a grasshopper jumps out of the way. Taking a mouth full of grass his stomach announces how famished he really is. He hadn’t touched the grasses since yesterday. Bashfully he looks up at her knowing that it is rude to eat while in company of others. I hope you can forgive my rudeness. he stated it only after he had finished chewing and swallowing. I actually was raised in the deserts for most of my life. But I still remember the Valley slightly. He figured he owed her a bit of an explanation.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must
    V A K A R I A N
    i'd rather be a riot than indifferent
    She blinks at the number - eight mares is more than she had expected. The last time she’d been in Beqanna the herd life hadn’t exactly been popular. Apparently a few things have changed in her absence.

Good for him though, to have such a successful, (presumably) happy little herd. She can personally see the appeal of that kind of life (it’s why she’d followed him after all). She imagines that it’s much quieter and less busy than the kingdom life.

Phaedrus reveals that he too had been born in the Valley, and her eyes widen in surprise. She really hadn’t pegged him as a former Valley member - too nice. “Hah, you can say that again.” Interesting is certainly a good way to put it. Not to mention the oddities that tend to live there …

She notices though that the subject seems to irritate Phaedrus, so she doesn’t press it further, showing some uncharacteristic thoughtfulness. She does actually like Phaedrus though, and doesn’t want to irritate him so early on in their … whatever this is? Friendship? Stallion-mare-ship?

Phaedrus suddenly leans down to snap at the long grass, and Vakarian’s stomach rumbles as he apologizes. The trip from the field to the plains had apparently been enough to give her an appetite, though she’s only just realizing it. “Oh, no need to apologize. It’s a good idea actually.” She follows suite, leaning forward and taking a big bite out of the golden grass. It’s dry, but tasty, and she munches away happily.

Phaedrus mentions the Valley again, and her head rises slightly to look at him. She can tell by his tone that he really doesn’t like speaking about the place. “Well, you didn’t miss much then. Not the greatest place, the Valley.” Then she intentionally changes the subject, following the first half of his comment. “What’s the Deserts like? I’ve never been there.” Her mother hadn’t liked it much, but Vakarian isn’t really going to take Azula’s word on the matter.
    covet and azula's diamond armored daughter
    PHAEDRUS
    He chortles in response. The deserts are just as bad. Or should I say they are so polar opposite of the Valley that they end up being the same and meeting on the other side? The bitter sarcasm rolls off his tongue aimed towards the two kingdoms as if his words would be a slap on the head for them. As obstinant as they were he didn't care if they didn't listen to him, just they got so pig headed that the world could not go round as it should when the two got to bickering. for him it was just pleasant to let the fumes out every once in a while.

There were the really bad ones, murdering animals no better then the dumb whittless creatures that they had originated from. Then you had the really good ones, the ones so prim and proper they thought themselves above everyone else. And the ones that were just plain... good. Well those ones got annoying, to say the least. They were so good hearted that you just couldn't help but think that should you even think something that wasn't wholly pure they would destroy your soul with their goodness.

No he did not like the agenda's, after so much good and bad, finally some just got tired of it. But they too had their problems... it was called gender. Females that didn't want males around, and males that didn't like females around. The few remaining horses were left to monitor them all and try, and I mean that in the most undeniably worst way possible. Because try as they might, their efforts were ignored, often times getting trampled in the process. The middle was ignored, used and beaten up no thought or consideration to the mediators. It is these horses that finally gave up all hope, the world was never going to change, and as much as the agendas want to win, the best that could be done is to simply stay out of the way.

Why must there always be an agenda? he muses out loud. She had joined him and he smiles at her. Swishing his tail against his hindquarters he guides them slowly allowing for the meal to be enjoyed, until his muzzle dips into the spring for a refreshing drink.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must