• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't get too close, it's dark inside
    Afire watches their interaction with casual golden orbs. Though it may appear that she is entirely uninterested, the black fae has learned over time just how to perfect that puzzling poker face. She shows no emotion, and stands so still that she may as well be made of stone.

It's clear to her that Scorch is the more hot-tempered one of the two, and Lokii reminds her of a viper, suave and sly, yet ready to strike at a moment's notice. She can't help but look down at the sand wreathing around his ankles, which only cements the image in her mind.

One ear twists forward as Lokii speaks of his home. The Valley. What could a place such as that be like? she can't help but wonder. Then, Scorch's voice is resonating in her ear, and she turns her head to give the fiery mare her attention. She listens to her words and purses her lips, though whether it is from disgust or thoughtfulness is uncertain. Murdering innocents, huh? She doesn't really take what either horse says into account at the moment, because in her eyes, it seems that all they're doing is putting one another down and exposing each other's flaws, probably to sway her onto their side.

And then they're speaking to her. Time to end the observations, and answer them.

"Afire Atnight," she responds simply to Lokii. She's not sure how to answer Scorch. Some icebreaker; no one has ever asked her such a question before. She lets it hang for a moment as she thinks, and she's sure that her response is pleasing to neither party. "If I can avoid war, I will, but I won't hesitate to defend my home or my allies." She is careful with her wording, as she's not much for friends. Well, not anymore.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Don't get too close, it's dark inside - by Afire Atnight - 04-23-2015, 04:35 PM