• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't get too close, it's dark inside
    born to be a king, I ask for one thing

He doesn’t reply to the fire queen’s retort about shedding a bad light on Beqanna. Although he might be doing such a thing, he doesn’t really care. One’s opinion on a land can be swayed easily by the ways of words and debate, but a true opinion comes from what one sees and experiences themselves. All three of them know this to be true, but the trickster doesn’t see any point to say it aloud when their conversation carries them in a different direction.

The fire mare is quick to accuse and retort against his words about his kingdom and the trickster’s ears instinctively pin in her direction. “A history, perhaps – but that does not mean we do so now. A kingdom is only as good as its ruler, Scorchie.” He resists the urge to roll his bruised eyes and instead turns his attention back to the mare, ears pricking upon hearing her name. It is long and interesting, but the trickster has never thought much for names. It is the personality, rather, that he cares about.

“The Valley also offers a position of which you are neither war nor peace, but can still work for the better of the kingdom. It doesn’t offer much room for improvement, but at least it is a place for the indecisive.” The fire queen speaks more about her own kingdom and then the trickster listens to the black mare’s answer. It’s a curious thing, her answer – one that gives no leeway toward either of their sides. The bruised-eyed stallion shifts his weight, growing bored quickly of this back-and-forth motion of their conversation.

“Well, if you would like to see the Valley, I would love to show you the way and give you a tour. However, if you want to wait and go with the Amazons or perhaps wait for another bite, I’m going to find something else to amuse myself.” He winks slyly toward the fire queen before licking his lips slowly. With that, whether she follows or doesn’t, the trickster turns and departs with a charismatic nod toward each of the mares.

Lokii

the tricky god of chaos

a front seat to watch earth burn

if afire atnight wants to go to the valley, just post there with lokii's name in the subject and he'll pop up. nice chat, ladies. ;D

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Don't get too close, it's dark inside - by Lokii - 04-28-2015, 02:45 PM