• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I will carry my banner {Any/Bersa}
    PHAEDRUS
    plod, plod, plod... its not nerves, its not the heat of the sun, its not stress from the kingdom that has him plodding around wearing a hole ten feet deep into the ground. Its Bersa, she should have been here by now, she should have escaped him already. Man was that guy in deep. Did he have any idea as to whom he had touched? There was nothing that he could think of that would stop him from murder. No Archam would pay. Having time to sit and brew on what exactly he was going to do, the violent thoughts have his lips curling everytime they pass through his head.

The brute didn't stand a chance against  himself. Not only was Phaedrus' size alone enough to crush the animal, but also his abilities too. Wrapping himself around the thick neck... choking the life out of him one second at a time. This two didn't cover the reasons as to why he would never beat the blue tipped stead, battle experience. Plain and simple. He had years, he had strength, and he had practice all tucked neatly under his belt. Something that he participated in exercising as often as he possibly could.

That was why the little snip had stolen the mare, scared little coward that he was. In retailation Phaedrus was pretty sure of his next move. Not only would he force the stallion into physical submission, he would take the herd. One at a time. Probably rescuing the mares and babes from fairies know what. If he found her harmed or raped upon her return well.... then there was nothing that could redeem him except his life.

As the worried and frantic thoughts builds up He wonders if he should try and sneak in, possibly take the mare away now. This was not a feeling he was used to nor would he get used to it anytime soon. Helpless, helpless to help others, that was the one thing he wanted so desperately to do. Yet here he stood, not much of a protector for sure. Maybe even just taking a leasurely flight over the herdland would be enough of a comfort to know that she was doing ok, that nothing had happened to her. Yet he knew the temptation was to much for himself.

Doing that would only serve to bring his boiling rage to the surface. At least staying away he could keep a cold face on for the other creatures that he encountered. But oh did his wings itch to take off and find her. His hoof stamps, he snorts or more accurately growls his displeasure. Trudging towards the border he looks out across the land, searching to spot the others herd, if not her brillant frame marching towards the border of her home.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

@[Calcifer] I remember you saying something about the Dale, figured I would post here so you can if you want
    @[Nicole] you can join in too for the spirit animal?
    @[Ramiel] not sure if you want to join this thread or not if not thats fine, figured I'd invite anywho

A kiss is not a contract

The sun is at her back, cloaking her in a silver shroud as she does exactly what Phaedrus imagines: One hoof in front of the other, proudly marching free from Archam and cobblestone creek. But it’s not for forever, and that thought weighs heavily on her mind as she winds through the edge of the herdland before breaking free into the open expanse of the plains. She stops there, closing her eyes for a moment before breathing in deeply to feel the full effect of the open world around her. A breeze, gentle in nature, caresses her face and the blue-haired girl lowers her head to smell the coming of autumn. She alone had broken her chains, and she alone would deliver the news to Phaedrus.

Her glassy eyes snap open and without another pause, Besra jolts into a gallop to thunder across the field, across the quiet playground, near the border of her home Golden Plains, and directly through the wooded valley that served as a border for the Dale. When she had left, Phaedrus had promised her he would be here, every day, waiting for her return. She knows without having to know that he’ll be the first thing she sees when she breaks through the green cover of the woods; Phaedrus had kept all of his promises to her. So when she spies a glimpse of him on the horizon, the great, black beast that he was, she smiles and calls out for him.

It was strange, to feel such relief. Of all the people she knew, Besra had doubted greatly her own ability to be drawn into some semblance of a happy romance, but Phaedrus was not the sappy sort of love she expected. He was a slow, wondrous sort of strength to her. A true companion and surprisingly, her rock when she needed him most. No - it’s not blind love between them, but something growing to be much stronger. Trust, respect. All things she admired more than just infatuation. “Phaedrus!” She exclaims once she’s reached him, a breathless sort of happiness crashing over her in waves. Her neck curls, forehead bumping gently into the crook of his shoulder before she turns about to face him. “Miss me?” She questions, a smile lighting up her eyes.

It’s almost enough to take away the pain of what was to come.
    the words she knows the tune she hums

Zaravich had rested in the Golden Plains while still belonging to the Dale, she has certainly been out and about recruiting for the Dale keeping her promise as a diplomat. She spoke with Phaderus recently and he agreed to take her to obtain her spirit animal and with much joy she hoped to find him today as she bounded towards the Dale. If he was not with the herd he was often times in the Kingdom, the place that few of the herd mares entered.

The sun was high in the sky beating down on her ebony pelt, her tail was raised in the air as she proudly prodded towards the Dale. To her relief the scent of Phaderus was quick to run through her nares and her ears perked forward. Not only was Phaderus' scent near but Besras as well! Zara had briefly talked to Besra before she as stolen from another stag and she worried for the mare in her absence. The steal took a toll on Phaderus and was noticeable to Zaravich, so she only hoped that her nares did not lie to her. She picked up a canter and moved forward pounding each leg into the ground, and soon enough the two were within sight. She playfully thrashed her head around letting a whinny out from her maw sliding to a halt as she approached the two.

Besra! I hope you are here to stay! she said in a friendly voice, turning her gaze to Phaderus she gave a small dip of her head Hello Phaderus offering a greeting him as well.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer
    PHAEDRUS
    He couldn't see her, this has him frowning and pacing. But then just as he is ready to take flight he hears his name. At first he thinks of ignoring the call, still longing to go after her. To bring her back to himself, and her home. BUt then its scent that hits him with full strength of the season. There was no mistaking it. Whipping his head around his eyes light with the glow of hope. Seeing her part the trees has his mind roiling with joy. He lurches forward closing the gap between them as fast as his mind could wrap around the fact that she was back. His wings fold back at his sides and he begins to inspect her breathing in her scent, thoroughly overlooking her. Not starved, not bruised, and pleasantly untouched.

Only after he is sure that she is safe, and unharmed does he let a smile break on his lips. Along with a response to her poke at some fun. More than you know. Using his wing to pull her close in emphasis of just how much he meant the words he continues I see you are relatively unscathed. he rests his muzzle against her mane. Then Zara makes an appearance, and once agian his smile spreads.

Hello Zara, I'm glad you could make it He glances at her belly, sure that it doesn't look quite the same as it had the last time he had seen her. This puzzles him, but then again what was he to expect when he decided to take advantage of being a herd alpha, little that he knows she was expecting, as well as the beautiful pale colored lady at his side now.

Looking from one mare to the other, his chest swelled with pride. Finally some progress in the little group. They seemed to be gettign along well, and he hoped that they would continue to. Maybe the other mares would take example and make some effort in creating friendships as well. Lifting his other wing he offers it to Zara beckoning her closer to them. It felt as a protective instinct that he couldn't resist but to offer to the members of his herd. Now with all the mares accounted for his dark countance lifts and once more he feels the ability to stand firm in his position. I will do my best never to let that happen again, he whispers into Besra's ear, the best apology he could give in the moment.

A kiss is not a contract

A thought strikes her suddenly when Phaedrus’ wing caresses her, pulls her close. His words disappear into her mane and she smiles gently in response, mind far from the earth. She can’t yet seem to put her finger on it, the entire image unformed and still not concrete. It had begun as a feeling, but now … it was taking shape and beginning to make sense. Besra blinks, gathering her disorganized inclinations as Zara enters the Dale with jubilation at seeing the roan girl. The black mares statement has Besra grinning from ear to ear, body pushing forward to offer her nose in welcome to her herd sister. “I was looking forward to our run too much to stay away for long.” She tells her, airy laugh filling the silence around them.

They were a family now. Small in the beginning stages, but with hopes that perhaps the other mares could feed off of their bond. Besra had never intended to restrict her affections to only Phaedrus, her dream had been to become part of a much larger community of women - and Zara was making that possible. Maybe, just maybe, she’d done the right thing after all when she’d left Archam’s herd. Her duty wasn’t only to protect herself, but her herdmates also. She would risk everything before seeing Zara taken away by someone much less agreeable than Archam had been. When Phaedrus lowers his mouth to her ear, the promise finally brings to life the inkling she’d been toying with earlier, so she pulls away in order to face them.

“Thank you.” She tells them both, blue eyes searching for Phaedrus’ dark ones beneath her colorful forelock. “Your loyalty -” She tells him before turning her gaze to Zara, “- and your friendship mean more to me than all of the heartbreak this world has to offer.” She finishes, inhaling deeply before lowering her eyes. “But I want to protect that loyalty and friendship twice over, so I need to explain what happened while I was at cobblestone creek.” She exhales, sadness creeping into her words. “While I was there I made a deal for my freedom. My firstborn daughter in exchange for the promise that  Archam would leave me alone.”

She’s not sure how Phaedrus will react. Most likely anger. It hadn’t been her place to make the decision without him, but she’d been pushed into a corner. She would have withered there - alone in cobblestone. A caged bird is nothing without its freedom. “But Archam is kind, I truly believe that. And if he comes to love my daughter, then that could mean safety for the entire population of Golden Plains. Perhaps we could even shelter one of his own …” She says, head turning to the side in defeat. She’s ready to experience all of Phaedrus’ bitter disappointment. How could he understand? But she’d made the choice and agreed to the pact. There was no turning back now. “I know you may hate me. I’m beginning to hate myself.” She tells them, voice hovering above a whisper. “But my daughter - our daughter will be strong.” The roan girl declares, eyes filling with a determined fire. Her head lifts, lips setting into a hard line before she stomps a single hoof for emphasis. “And I would do it again knowing what I know now. You can’t be everywhere all the time, Phaedrus, and I want to help in any way I can in order to protect what new life you’ve given me. For now, and for future generations to come.”
    PHAEDRUS
    She pulls away from their small group and at first he fears that she was bringing their time together to a close. In response to this his teeth clench and his head rises straining itself to keep calm. But then she begins to speak, the moment so tender that he is taken aback. Each word washing over him like it was the last that he was going to hear from her. Until she comes to the part about the filly.

His eyes widen and he relaxes slightly, at least she wasn't declaring that she was taking her leave. The relief that she was back for good was solid enough for him to drop his warriors stance slightly. Though the solid pose was a part of him that would never fully dissapear. At first he is confused and waits for her to finish. He couldn't judge her, but at the same time did she doubt that he would not take his vengeance out on the man that had tried to drive a wedge into his herd? He keeps his calm, something told him that she wasn't finished, and just as he thinks she continues. This part he smiles at a relieved chuckle floating off his lips.

She was a spitfire for sure. One that he couldn't be more proud of. watching as she errently makes her message clear he tightens his wing around Zaravich turning to grin at her. As if to say, we made a good choice didn't we? Only you can know where our daughter would be safe. I call it mothers instinct He can tell that his words had not yet registered because she picks up once again this time with a stomp of her hoof. She knew she was right and no one was going to change her mind.

Stepping forward he presses his face to hers. You did what you could. For a moment he closes his eyes and thinks on her words. She had built an allience out of what he considered to be his biggest failure. Just as she was light, and he was dark, she was strong where he was weak. This was something that he had never encountered before in his life. She was perfect for the herd. She was perfect for them. All of them. This was exactly what he had been looking for when he had started out on his little adventure, even as he hadn't known it then. Now the herd was strong, and the strength of the kingdom wasn't far behind.

That was actually a fairly good idea Besra, it is definately something that we should consider in doing with other herds as well. The foals will eventually have to leave the nest, and if they are leaving to allies that can be trusted, then all the better for them and for us. There is absolutely no reason why this should not work He beckons Zara close again. Curious as to how she would respond.

Her eyes gazed to Phaderus as he gave a greeting and in fact called her closer to them. He glanced at her stomach which she knew was growing, already given birth to a foal she knew all to well she was most likely carrying. She swelled up with joy that the stag most likely realized she carried his foal and when he offered protection under his wing she stepped up comforted by the warmth his body gave.

Her gaze trailed to Besra and her ears pricked as the mare remembered there last conversation about running I would like that very much she replied. Hopeful they would get a chance to run together before they got to far along in there pregnancy. Glancing at the mares belly she too seemed to be carrying a foal. Besra began to speak and it seemed like a conversation that was hard for her to get out. She paused every now and than before spitting out that she promised there first born filly to Archam. Zaras heart stung for the two, although she had never met the stallion that stole Besra he surely could not have been nice. Her gaze trailed between the two, reading the response they had from one another.

Although that must have been a hard choice for Besra, like she said, any filly of Phaderus would be strong and more than capable of protecting themselves. The stallion comforted Besra offering words of kindness, that she should not dwell on the deal she made. He in fact said it was smart and something they should consider for the other herds, he glanced at Zara as if to ask her opinion. She stepped near the two again I'm sorry you had to make these decisions Besra, although I am sure your filly will be more than capable of protecting themselves. You both are strong equines and that will be a trait given to your foals She gave a smile hoping that they would know she had not judgement I agree it is a smart move to swap foals as they get older, it helps the herd grow bigger as well as gaining alliances. Would Phaderus count this as an alliance though? Zaras daughter Josie was almost two now and ready to be courted, shoulder Phaderus offer her as an alliance would be up to him. It was not his blood daughter so he could keep her for his own herd, but Zara was sure he thought of her as a daughter. She shook the thoughts out her head and extended her neck to nuzzle Besras shoulder. Besra was her closest friend, as none of the others stayed and she surely has never met another mare from the herd.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer

A kiss is not a contract

It was good, to have others like Phaedrus and Zara in her life. She’s sure that the black stallion will be mad, but his response surprises her. There’s no anger, no resentment or harsh words. Instead, there’s understanding and camaraderie, even mild praise at her thoughtfulness. Besra’s eyes alight on her dark counterpart, seeing him in a wholly new light. He truly was good. His face comes to level with hers, the touch sending renewed strength to the emotionally drained roan. She exhales, letting the weight of her decision fall from her shoulders before he backs away. His contemplation on using her idea to gather more alliances has a bright smile dancing across her lips, eager gaze turning to Zara as the shadowy mare steps forward.

Her kindness too is unexpected, the soft nudge against her shoulder spreading warmth through Besra’s body. “Thank you Zara.” She says, eyes darting between the two thoughtfully. “Josie no doubt would make any stallion equally as lucky.” She says, voice filled with honest intentions. With a flick of her blue tail she turns to look back over the kingdom, mind wandering to where the other mares waited in solitude. She turns back, head tilting gently before she address Phaedrus. “It’s time I returned home. Perhaps the other mares will be interested to hear what’s happened ... “ She muses, soft laugh escaping from her lips. It would be hard to draw his secret lovers from their hiding places, but Besra was determined.

“I believe you two have plans.” She finishes, stepping forward to rub her head gently against Phaedrus’ shoulder as she passes him by. With a final look to them both she picks up a wide trot, disappearing shortly over the hills and into the woods once more.
    PHAEDRUS
    He looks to Zara as she takes his offer and he smiles proudly. Depending on what each child expressed as a wish for in their future he would decide based on that alone. Whether it be kingdom life or herd life he would guide them along which ever path they chose. He lets the females talk, and though the greetings are breif and soon Besra is on her way back he nips her shoulder teasingly on her way past him.

Turning to Zara he smiles again Yes I do believe we have some business He begins to lead her deeper into the kingdom through the grove of trees. I realize that Josie is soon to be of age. He pauses, yes he thought of the foal as his own child. And as any decent father the time for letting them go was not an easy process. Is she interested in herd life? Or kingdom? Or both? He chuckles slightly embarrased by the choice of words. Cheesy as they were he couldn't think of anything better to use.

Soon they approach the pool of water. He looks to her wondering just what was on her mind. but he stands there for a moment letting her catch her breath. This would be the place he nods to her encouraging her forward. Sure that if she had any questions that she would ask. The day was beautiful, the moment special, and everything in him calmed.

Relaxed as he could be, he takes a moment to enjoy this place. The green grasses, the chirping birds flitting around above their heads, the rustling leaves, and the best part of all. The mare at his side. Turning his chocolate gaze towards her he studies her for a moment. The slight rounding of her sides, the quiet way that she meanders through. It was exquisite to ponder about her. So quiet, so gentle, he was always wondering what was on her mind every time he was in her presence. Wondering what her opinion was, why she never spoke of it. His wings relax realizing that he was holding to him still. A sheepish grin on his lips.

Zaras gaze followed Besra as she smiled with joy that she and Phaedrus were not upset with her choice. Her ears flicked forward as Besra complimented Josie and a joyful feeling bundled up inside her, that they thought of Josie in that manner. Thank you Besra she smiled slightly dipping her head. Her head followed as Besra said her goodbyes and made her exit, a smile remaining on her face, glad to have a friend like Besra in her life. Zara was always searching for a friend that would stay around, and Besra seemed to be the friend she has been looking for.

Her gaze turned to Phaedrus as he spoke about there plans, the plans to get her spirit animal! Her ears pricked as forward as possible and she probably looked like a foal who was finally able to leave there parents side. Her heart stared to beat faster as she grew anxious and nervous at the same time. Excited to see what her spirit animal would be, but slightly nervous for the process. What did she need to do? Did the process hurt? She shook her questions out of her head and happily followed besides Phaedrus, there coats brushing against each other every few paces. 

Phaedrus asked if she knew what Josies plans were and she took a moment to think about it. A topic that surely has came up but a rather rare one as she was still young. She gently nudged his shoulder as he laughed from embarrassment;   I think she would be happiest in a Herd life, she is always looking to please. she spoke humbly. She just hoped that if she was used in an alliance trade that she would go to a nice stallion, most often the herd stallions could be harsh, and never show love to a mare. Zara on the other hand was lucky enough to end up in Phaedrus' herd, he was always willing to accommodate his mares needs. 

There walk eventually ended and they stood before a pool of water, Phaedrus noted this was the spot and encouraged her forward. She looked at him with pure joy and excitement, her heart was pretty much beating out of her chest at this point. This was it, she would finally get her spirit animal and that made her so proud to be apart of the Dale. She was nervous but felt completely relaxed with him around. He made her feel safe, he would always protect her and never let anything bad happen. She gazed at the pool of water and her anxiety slowly calmed down, did she step in it or drink it? She decided to do both, slowly stepping forward her front hooves sunk into the shallow portion of the pool. Her neck lowered, forelock dropping to lay on top of the water, the whiskers on her lips tingled as they met the water. Slowly began to drink the water, it was cold as it slid down her throat. After a few gulps she raised her head and looked back at Phaedrus do you see anything? she laughed at herself, does it just appear? Does a magical light appear and an animal drops from the sky?

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer

OOC: lol i didn't know how to write this, do i pick the spirit animal errr? And lol ive never read one of these so does it just appear? I can edit if i need to