• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd rather be a riot than indifferent; birthing, any
    V A K A R I A N
    i'd rather be a riot than indifferent
    She is so DONE with being pregnant.

The whole thing really hadn’t seemed so bad when other mares had talked about it, when her mother had talked about it. They’d reminisced in loving terms about the feeling of life growing inside them, of the joyful anticipation that comes as the due date nears …

And poor Vakarian just feels like a whale.

A horrendously fat whale.

Her belly has grown exponentially over the past few months, to the point where taking a trip anywhere is pretty much out of the question.

She’s been spending her days waddling about the Golden Plains, moving mostly between the stream and her favourite resting place. Her poor ankles aren’t fit for much else. She’s starting to get a little stir crazy too. It’s not that she particularly wants to leave the plains, it would just be nice to have the option every once in a while.

So, when the labour pains finally hit, she nearly shouts in relief. She represses it though, not wanting to startle the others, and waddles off as quickly as she can to the little grassy hollow in which she often rests.

The process itself is startlingly quick, and in under an hour, not one, but TWO little damp bundles lie in the golden grass at her side. “Oh.” She says as she hoists herself to her feet, and looks down on them in obvious surprise. Twins. “No wonder I’ve gotten so fat.”

She takes a few steps towards them and begins to clean off the mess of birth, making note of few important details. One being that one’s a boy (the bay) and the other’s a girl (the black), and that there appears to be a distinct lack of tail sticking out of the boy's butt. Oh dear. Something catches the light and Vakarian peers in closer, eyes widening when she realizes that one of the girl’s hooves appears to be made of shimmering diamond. “Oh hell.” Vakarian snorts as the diamond flashes, then turns into an ordinary, dark hoof. “Someone takes after me …” Hopefully in traits only. She doesn’t want a mini-me running around.

The wind changes, bringing with it the scent of the other horses of the herd, and Vakarian gives a brief start. Right, she should probably let Phaedrus know. She lets a low call out for the stallion, knowing that he’s likely somewhere nearby. The stallion hasn’t been travelling too far a field lately, what with all the pregnant mares in his herd. She has to wonder what he’ll think of adding another two little beasties to their family …

Hey Tiny! I'll still post to the other thread, but I just wanted to get this up so we could get started with the twins. Smile
    PHAEDRUS
    Well isn’t he the lucky one! Twins! There were two new additions to his ever growing family. Now that he had spent some time with them and their mother he had heard the call of another. This he frowns on at first. Not sure what to do, torn between keeping these two safe and going and seeing what all the fuss was about, eventually its Sheba that resolves the issue for him. I’ll stay here, you go and check on the newest mother. Still being a new dad and all, considering this was the first time he had ever seen a foal born… well instincts were just not working right.

To say that he was nervous would be to say that winter is cold, to describe what he was feeling would be to describe the intricate lace on a snowflake before it dissolves. It just… wasn’t possible. Still with a grateful smile to the cat he takes off his enormous wings beating the air to speed him along. You my dear were never fat. he kisses the ground with his hooves as he comes near his wings giving a few more steadying beats and then folding to his sides. When his eyes take in the little bundles… wait… Now he could say that he was beyond stunned… well he couldn’t really because he was exactly that… stunned.

And now there were four. How the hell had he managed that? Two sets of twins???! Three of which were girls… Well isn’t this a surprise? Its all he can manage at the moment, two little brown bundles one of which had a glistening hoof. The other… ok that was odd… no tail. He shakes his head clearing his mind for the moment, They are beautiful Vakarian. He softly speaks to her before coming up to her other side where the foals were not tangled and wrestling for control of their limbs. Draping his wing over her withers he nudges the crevice of her neck affectionately.

Wolfish
    He hiccups after sensations of a full belly, then quirks his head towards his sister. They were an odd pair; the whole scenario was an odd one. At least to him. The world was odd, the colors odd, the need for air and food was odd. Hell thinking was odd. Now these parents were speaking, which was an oddity in itself. His coat shimmers into a diamond encasing the sun reflecting off its surface glinting with rainbows and beaming reflective light. Then it is gone, as if he had always been a “normal” horse, at least as normal a horse can be with no tail.

More to show the ladies right? For him there would be no covering what the fairies gave him, there would be no way for him to display his fear or aggression, he would have to stick with the old flicking of the ears, and arch of the neck. Yet this he was not aware of as of yet. Thinking that he was perfectly normal in every sense of the word. Well at least as normal as normal could be in this odd world. Words are murmured around him and he lifts his head to look around, hazel eyes flick here and there searching for anything that wasn’t odd. Trees, grass, birds, sky…. Very odd….

His head quirks again this time taking a few steps towards the female of the two extending his nares in greeting. Dear me if this wasn’t the strangest thing of all. Flicking his eyes back and forth between the two adults, there does not appear to be a smile, no words or cries spilling from his lips, just a “odd” look in his gaze, and a watchful eye on his sister.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must
    V A K A R I A N
    i'd rather be a riot than indifferent
    It doesn’t take long for Phaedrus to arrive. Within moments of the twins’ birth, the black and blue stallion appears at her side, nudging her affectionately with an ‘encouraging’ comment about her size. She snorts and bites back a sassy remark as her turns to look on at the foals with a surprised look that she has no doubt mirrors her own previous expression.

She chuckles as he attempts to recover himself. “You can say that again. Certainly explains a lot.” Few mares seemed to have pregnancy symptoms as extreme as hers had been, and with twins it makes a lot more sense. It’s rather difficult to carry around two extra bodies in your womb.

He drapes a gentle wing over her side, and she leans into the touch, realizing only now how exhausted utterly she feels. Pushing out two little bodies is quite a lot of hard work. “Thanks Phaedrus, but I can’t take all the credit.” They are half his blood after all!

She pulls herself away from Phaedrus as glint of light catches her eye, and she steps forward just in time to see the tail-less boy turn to bright, dazzling diamond. “Oh hell.” She watches in dismay as the diamond flashes, the disappears. “I guess the both of them take after me.” She’s not entirely sure why she feels so disconcerted by that idea. Hopefully they don’t take after their father too - two kids with diamond armour and elasticity abilities could get up to a lot of mischief if they felt so inclined.

She glances back at Phaedrus, smiling tiredly. “I haven’t named them yet … any ideas?”

A soft sound catches her attention, and she turns back around to see that both twins have taken a few steps towards her. She grins and steps forward to meet them, nuzzling at their tiny forms. “What a big day for the both of you, eh?”

Steris

Everything is just so big, and so new! The little black filly blinks cautiously at the strange world around her, taking in the long grass, the distant trees, and the lilting sound of birdsong in the air. She stays there for a moment, simply considering her new surroundings. Only moments before everything had been so dark and warm and comforting - with the constant beat of her mama and brother’s hearts in her ear.

This whole new world is just to strange.

Her brother’s movements catches her eye, and she forces herself back up onto shaky legs so that she can follow her brother. She wobbles, then stumbles over to the bay boy, squashing herself up against his rump as a particularly loud bird calls out, startling her. She instinctively pulls out her diamond armour, covering herself, though she’s as of yet unaware of what she’s doing. When she finally calms, satisfied the bird is not coming after her, the armour instantly disappears.

Panicked heart slowing, she turns back to look at the creatures her brother is inspecting. She slips along her brother’s side until she is standing right beside him, and looks up at the two big horses with thoughtful eyes. “Mama? Da?”
    covet and azula's diamond armored daughter