• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's a very good bad thing we've found; golgotha, any
    The journey to Paradise Beach is as short as ever, and in no time at all they are stopping in amongst the sandy dunes that make up the vast majority of the little territory. Szeth grins as the familiar salt air hits his nostrils, and he turns to look at Golgotha, hoping that she finds the place just as pleasant as he does. "What do you think?" It's perhaps an unusual place for a horse to reside, but he loves it, and so far his other mare Desirea appears to love it too.

Speaking of Desirea ...

"Another mare lives here with me too. Her name is Desirea, I think you'll like her." Desirea is such a lovely sweet mare, how could she not? "I hope you'll like it here. It's quite peaceful and warm, and there's plenty to eat and drink."

szeth
    absolute power corrupts absolutely

@[Golgotha]
    The small fabella mare followed the stallion to his herd. It wasn't a long journey and had quite like the peaceful walk. She smiled as she looked around. It wasn't what she was used to but it was quite beautiful. The orange dunalino mare looked at the stallion and said" It isn't what I am used to but it is quite beautiful. I would love to meet the other mare who lives here."

Golgotha
    the  cross  i  bare  that  you  gave to  me
    Szeth watches her face as she glances about, trying to gauge what her reaction to the place will be. Some are not fond of the heat and the sand, but Szeth had lived here as a young boy, had grown up here. He’s grown used to the territory’s differences, loves them even.

And luckily, though she admits to being unused to the environment (as most would be), she appears to like it at first glance. “I’m glad you like it.”

She mentions Desirea, and wanting to meet her, and his brown eyes glance about. He can’t see any sign of Desirea on the beach, but he has no doubt that she’s somewhere nearby. He lets out a low call, hoping that she’ll hear him. “Hopefully she’s somewhere nearby.”

szeth
    absolute power corrupts absolutely

@[Desirea]

Desirea had been browsing the softer grasses further inland from the beach when she heard Szeth's call.  For a moment a chill of nervousness went through her, and she wondered if finally something bad had come to wipe away her incredible string of good luck.  But there had been no fear or urgency in his voice, and she banished the thought of anything bad from her mind.

The little roan mare found him close by, but he was not alone.  A very small mare with beautiful markings stood near him, a mare she'd never seen before.  Her ears pricked immediately with interest, and her eyes widened a little.  Ah!  Was this her first herd-mate?  She certainly hoped so.  She loved Szeth dearly, but it could be a little lonely at the edge of the world without any other companions.

Desirea came up alongside Szeth, touching him gently with her muzzle -- but her attention was clearly directed to the unknown mare.

"Hello," Desirea piped happily, her excitement and curiosity plain on her face.  "I'm Desirea, it's a pleasure to meet you."  She stopped there, feeling uncertain.  Was she supposed to ask whether this mare would be staying?  Would it be rude?  Desirea glanced back at Szeth, looking for clues, before returning her gaze to the fallabella mare.

The small fabella mare smiled as the stallion called for the other mare. She watched as a figure made its way towards them and sighed when she had introduced herself. She said "Hello ma'am. It is a pleasure meeting you. My name is Golgotha." She slowly bowed down to her and then smiled.

Golgotha
    the  cross  i  bare  that  you  gave to  me