• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

everything the light touches, [sreva]

Another night, another moon. The drafty stallion makes his way up the bluffs overlooking the small crop of islands and the vastness of the ocean, which disappears into a midnight fog tonight. The sound of lapping waves lulls his quickening mind, the salty breeze tugs at his hair and kisses his tired face. It's been a long few months, certainly. Two battles – two victories – and a fine group of women to call family, to call his own.

He smirks at that last thought. Mine, he muses. They won't like that. I shan't mention that to them, but they are most certainly mine.

His teal eyes watch the waves crest in white foam just as they crash against the hard stone below. He looks down briefly as he limps up to the very top of the overhanging cliffs. The drop will kill anyone instantly. He looks out to the small island beyond (looks plenty big to him), bird of all colors and extravagance live there, he discovered. Primates and lemurs of smallish stature, quick and mischievous. It's certainly their kingdom on that little isle. He is merely a visitor among it's residence and tropical habitat.

A chill is starting to move in with the coming Autumn. The northern parts of the Village will certainly become colder, even frozen, but toward the center there are hot-springs and to the southernmost parts like the swamp and the ashwoods, there is very little snow and freeze unless the winter is beyond harsh.

He watches the full moon rise over the dark waves, the water looking like oil, black and lightless as it rolls and whispers. The silver light of luna illuminates the crystalline waters below, a streak of her glow cast down onto the unsettled sea. He watches it peacefully and drifts quietly into a light sleep.

chemdog
    astra inclinant, sed non obligant.

i figure she can interrupt his nappy time and he can see her wound and be all OMG i'll kill dat kitty!
    @[Sreva]
    Either Chemdog chose to ignore the night's weather, or he had a lot on his mind. This wasn't a common place for most horses at night, given the sheer horror of the space. At the edge of the Dragon's Back Bluffs (according to the name it had been given by Chemdog for now) was a sheer drop, the magnitude of which would kill any unfortunate equine that fell over. Luckily, the mares of Chemdog's herd were all smart enough to avoid it.

Sreva was a somewhat different case. She enjoyed going to the bluffs, looking out at the ocean beyond and think about what secrets it may have hidden within. She was not normally an inquisitive mare, but thoughts of the future, of the world's wonders, fascinated her. She always welcomed conversation that involved nature's splendor.

As she did on most nights, Sreva was going to the bluffs to do some thinking before retiring near the herd for the night. Chemdog, it seemed, had beaten her to it. As Sreva approached, she saw how exhausted he truly looked, something she hasn't noticed before. His fatigue made sense; he'd undergone a long journey, along with two battles to keep his herd safe. Had Sreva even thanked him?

The mare smiled as she limped up; her leg had made progress, but was still healing. Beyond a trot, she couldn't do much, for now anyways.

"You know, I thought that the forest would provide better shelter than this place, but I guess that's just me," Sreva joked. "Are you all right? You look exhausted."

@[Chemdog]

Her tender footfall on the dead grass made his ear aliven and his bright eyes to flutter open. His muzzle bend into a smile by instinct, her smell turned something inside him – flicked a light on, we'll say. His closest ear (right) follows her sound and then her voice. Her joke sort of confuses him, but the smell of a healing wound made him look down at her for further inspection.

What happened?” He doesn't acknowledge his own state, but steps back to run his lips along her injury. The claw marks ripple under his whiskers and the feeling makes him boil inside. The wintry air does nothing to cool his hot blood. “What happened?” He booms now, inspecting her still. He can tell she's been like this for a little while now. Too long. How did he not know? How did he not see? He was far too busy being irritated with everyone's lack of give a fuck that he'd missed something vital – an attack.

He cannot smell on her what it may have been that caught up with her. His guess is a large feline of sorts...but he couldn't tell for sure, especially in this light. He checks her all over to make sure there are no more surprise wounds... He waits impatiently for his question to be answered.

chemdog

@[Sreva]
    Sreva took a step back as Chemdog placed his muzzle against the wound on the side of her belly. She did that for two reasons; one, it still stung when others, or other things, touched it, and two, it made her slightly uncomfortable. Chemdog hadn't really spent any time with her lately, and they'd never been 'intimate' like she'd heard he'd been with some of the other mares. Not that she was eager for that to happen, since she was still very young, but... well, she didn't really know how she was supposed to feel.

The anger in his voice, and the fact that he didn't want to acknowledge his own injuries, did surprise her a bit. Did he actually care for her wellbeing moreso than himself? Whatever the case, Sreva was surprised, simple as that.

"I... I went outside the territory, to explore. I wandered too far I guess, because I started smelling a predator. It chased me, so I ran, but it got in an attack before I got back here. It's been healing, I'll be fine," she tells him, trying to calm him down so he doesn't agitate himself further.

@[Chemdog]

Her attempts to simmer his agitation work a little and his head slumps down a little. He takes a deep breath, as if just now relaxing for the first time in a long time. The breezes encumber them and the gentle lapping of waves against rocks. If only he knew the worry that was spinning in her mind he would help ease her worry – or at least tell her she's as favored as any other, even if it weren't 100% true. Her reluctance confuses him, but it also makes her unique, perhaps even straight up desirable.

Her flinch doesn't deter him any. He tells himself that it's the pain that made her shy from his touch and moves on immediately. Chem's bigger body settles to stand slightly behind her so he may let his head rest affectionately across her bum. His head sinks slowly to rest the bottoms of his cheekbones across the small swell of her rump. His ears tipping forward and his eyes watching her reaction carefully, ready to react if she doesn't approve of his advances. “Why would you follow a predator, Sreva? Do you want to be eaten?” He teases her light-heartedly, laughing at his somewhat rhetorical question. “I like you, moon child, don't go baiting cats with your sexy ass, they'll eat you on the spot, lass.” He chuckles at himself once again and casually begins to groom her withers if she allows him.

chemdog

@[Sreva]
    Though he didn't seem to calm down a lot, a little was better than nothing. Sreva let out a small breath she didn't know she'd been holding in. A light breeze brushed against the mare and stallion, Sreva's mane being ruffled a little before falling back against her neck. Her forelock fell to the right side of her face so it was no longer covering her eye, instead lying right above it along the facial bone.

Somehow she hoped he would, but Sreva should've known better. Instead of backing off when Sreva flinched from the touch to her belly wound, Chemdog simply moved his bigger body closer to her. He was a little behind her, something she didn't understand at first until she felt him rest his head along her croup. This was definitely not something Sreva was used to, but she didn't feel as if he was invading her space or anything, so she did not move away.

At Chemdog's teasing, the mare rolled her eyes before turning to look back at him, "No thank you, I prefer being left in one piece. And for your info, I was trying to get home when I was chased," she informed him in a light-hearted tone. Why she felt the need to explain herself, she didn't know, it just happened that way.

Chemdog's teeth found their way to her withers and the stallion began to groom her. That was something Sreva had experienced during her limited time with her home herd. The mare sighed a little, glad her withers were being scratched. It was something she enjoyed. Deciding to be nice to Chemdog, since he was doing the same to her, the mare stepped away before turning around and placing her head on his withers. She began to groom him as well, using her teeth to scratch the itchy fur on his back she knew he couldn't reach himself.

@[Chemdog]
    With the sea watching them they chew lovingly at one another. Chemdog can't help but feel a little at ease with how she allowed him to lay is head on her and then groom her quietly. She was obviously not going to be easily convinced to let him do what some of the other girls let him do. He could be okay with that. And truly, if she never let him on top of her, he wouldn't treat her any different. He'll never stop trying, but he certainly has too much affection for the painted lass to ever let a little thing like raunchy sexy-times come between them. If she wasn't his girl for that, he certainly does have others who are more than willing. It's the meat in his diet but salads are delicious too, aye? He found her attractive none-the-less and the alluring nature of her innocence even impresses him a little.

I'm going to find that cat, you know.” He chews at her withers between words, swishing his thick tail across each of his dark hips. “I'm going to find it, and kill the fuck out of it.” He growls under his breath a bit and keeps to his pleasant grooming. “They're not supposed to harm us, that's what the deer are for here. They've violated an ancient agreement and I will find them, or it. Though I know there are a bunch around here.” He finds a new spot he hasn't groomed yet and starts up again.

chemdog

@[Sreva]
    Sreva stopped grooming the stallion when he spoke up about killing the predator animal. Truth be told, that thought frightened her a bit. Why would he want to do such a thing? It had been her fault to begin with; she'd wandered too far outside the herd lands and too close to the cat's home even though she'd smelled it coming.

"Chemdog, you don't have to go that far," she tells him, eyes focused on the stallion."It was my fault; I wandered too far outside the herd's home. I smelled the cat's home but I ignored the warning and got too close. Don't hurt that creature when it was my fault."

Chemdog's teeth moved to a new spot on her withers. The mare sighed contentedly; that spot was definitely itchy. She placed her head on the stallion's back, letting it rest there as she enjoyed the stallion's grooming. She normally never would've done anything like this with any other horse, including those from her home herd. However, the fact that Chemdog had been nice to her made her feel a bit safer around him. Not safe enough to tell him anything about her past, but safe enough that she felt she could relax around him. Something she hardly ever did.

It was a strange feeling, being safe around a horse, especially a stallion. There had been others she'd encountered, others that had tried to get her to do... certain things. At her age, she'd felt uncomfortable. Now, she was of the age to do such acts, but it frightened her a little. She didn't know what it all meant, didn't understand how it worked. Most horses made it seem like the bond that only drew others together to have a foal. Was their perhaps another meaning?

Whatever the case, she wasn't feeling anything in her body right now, since breeding season was over. She had been at the beginning - nature's way of telling her to have a baby - but now that mares were having their foals, she had lost the urge to do so. An urge that had been so strong the mare forced herself to stay away from Chemdog because she didn't want anything to happen yet.

Not until she felt she was ready.

Brought out of her thoughts as Chemdog continued scratching her itchy withers, Sreva sighed again, content with the affection he was giving her.

@[Chemdog]