• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

look me in the eyes so i know you know; any

zenzi

The mare had been around for a while. In fact, thanks to her (lack of) loving parents, she had been made immortal. Now Zenzi learned the hard way about that but for the sake of not being bored to death, this realization occurred when a mountain lion decide to take a chunk out of her throat and instead of dying Zen just carried on bleeding till even the wild cat was spooked and ran off.

But that's neither here nor there.

The blond headed babe is currently in the field at this moment waiting on someone to come sweep her off her hooves. Lucky for being immortal, she looks as fresh as a daisy still. With the flick of her pretty head, the mare stands. It was breeding season so she was bright enough to keep her hind end protected from any pesky boy who thought he would try to woo his way between her lovely thighs. Amber pools scan quietly and awaiting the approach of some one. These days it was best to just go to the field and avoid heading to territories as not everyone was so kind and welcoming to visitors without an invitation.

And so, with a rather loud sigh and the cock of her hind leg, the silver bay mare stand and plays the age old game.

This is the last night you'll spend alone
    Look me in the eyes so I know you know

Archam

Archam found himself wandering the field yet again, it was a normal ritual for him. Moving from his duties in the herd, to the kingdom, and spending some spare time recruiting for his herd. He gazed around the field as he entered, multiple equines were around conversing with one another. It was breeding season so all the frisky stallions were trying there best to court a mare, while some were just out to look for a home, maybe a friend. He already confirmed a few foals this year and wasn't necessarily in for the breeding, and was curious just to recruit for this season, preparing for next season. His herd has declined in numbers recently, and he was hopeful to regain his losses.

He scanned about to find a mare that was not already occupied by a stallion, none that really caught his attention. His head stopped at the sight of a pretty mare, she had a beautiful blonde mane and tail that complimented her dark bay body. A small smile grew on his maw, he let a whinny escape his maw as he picked up a trot towards her. Hello there he said as he grew near My name is Archam, and you are? he asked. She smelled of Beqanna but he could not pin point a kingdom, nor a herd, she could be a wanderer of the field or meadow. He desired to know her, and bring her back to his herd lands, he stood proper hopeful that his charm would work on her.

Lead Stallion of Cobblestone Creek
    PHAEDRUS
    Once again winter had come and passed. This year unlike many of the years past he had stayed to himself through the spring and summer as well as the winter. Some could easily blame the children, after all being a new father and active in the youngling’s lives was time consuming. As well as this he had attempted to take some time for himself, unlike his usual routine of hiding out in his herd during the winter, and running about for kingdom matters and such through the spring and summer, sometimes the autumn as well, though usually that season was left to finding conversations amongst friends. No this year he had done nothing but lounge around, and interact with the current yearlings in his herd.

Today he is determined to change this pattern though, and thus he finds himself out in the field once more attempting to recruit for his kingdom/herd. Depending on what interested them most. The liquid chocolate of his pupil’s roam over the open land. While not overly large, it was still large enough to hold many more equines than the smaller meadows around Beqanna’s world. He can see Zara working her willy charms on a stallion in the distance, this makes him pause for a minute with a smile. Always the hard worker, she proved to be the quiet one amongst the herd, yet he knows better than to underestimate that quality, she saw and new more than most ever would. He appreciated this about her, and it makes his head hold itself a little higher, so far he had done a good job at recruiting the best for both herd/kingdom.

Seeing that she is perfectly safe he continues past her around to the others amongst the grasses. There he sees his newest…. alliance, his mouth thins into a line. He takes a step closer when he sees the spiteful snake weaseling his way towards a new female. It would be quite the interesting thing if he should once more be accepted over the boy that was so self-assured that there was no threat left from Phaedrus. Approaching the two he nods to the female pointedly ignoring Archam. I assume that you have come to the field in search of a home. My name is Phaedrus and I can offer you the Dale, and/or the Golden Plains if you so desire. He leaves it at that choosing to walk away in that moment to begin his trek back to the kingdom. If she really wanted to join him, he was sure that she would follow. Today was going to be a busy day for him and wasting his time on idle chit chat was not on his list of things to do. He pauses for a moment, You coming The inquiry that wasn’t really an inquiry was left hanging in the air as he continued in his steps down the trail that would take him to his other business.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

zenzi

Zenzi had been minding her own business not necessarily happy and content but the sun felt rather good. The autumn light had a way of winding it's tempting gold fingers through your hair and seeping into your skin. The cocoa mare was casually nibbling on some tender little bits just for the sake of activity before a shadow drifts across her form, cooling her mocha skin.

Zen lifts her head slowly, to allow her view to trace the limbs that are attached the whinnying call that was currently being blanketed upon her delicate ears. The amber pools lift to meet those of the russet features of a roaned coat stallion. He introduces himself...inquires to her own nomenclature. But before she can answer, a hissing from another is driving the other.

(hellfire and brimstone)

The other male, large and winged, approaches with his own verbal gifts. The dark male with the shock of blue hair does not offer much other than a home in either herd or kingdom. Zenzi does all she can to seem curious but truth be told, the mare has seen the same approach before. The unnamed stallion moves off as though she were a foal, whimpering and vulnerable and seeming to scramble after him (or so he would think most mares would) but Zen smirks in return with one cocked hind limb in rest. Her skull tilts with the quirk of a brow. "Well it was nice to meet you too." The tones drip from her lips to follow the pegasus moving form before looking back to the stallion with patience and willingness to learn her own name.

"Zenzi." The two syllables are flavored, tasteful on the tongue. Her gaze shifts to that of the cobalt maned male to see if he were to return to the conversation. A small smile is curling the mare's lips like she holds a secret. Lobes flicker to and fro as the crispness of autumn caresses her form and tangles her yellow and ash mane.

Archam

Archam gazed at the bay mare, curious to if she was claimed, belonged to a kingdom or if she desired one. It appeared as though she were to introduce herself but before she could Phaedrus approached the two, he really wanted to add a snarky comment but they had an 'alliance'. Although the stallion did not seem himself, he was rather rude and not as charming as he usually was. It was more of a rushed conversation, He walked up to the two, asked the mare to come back with him and than walked away as if she was supposed to follow him. He eyed the stallion, was this his new approach to mares? he had never expected the shortness from Phaedrus, especially when it came down to him or Archam getting the mare.

His gaze than followed to the mare, who was more than capable of sticking up for herself. A slight hint of sarcasm was in her tone, as she looked at Phaedrus returning her gaze to Archam. She introduced herself as Zenzi, he muttered the name in his head, getting familiar with the way it sounded rolling off his tongue. She looked back to Phaedrus as if to call him back to the conversation, he wanted to roll his eyes but he would stoop down to a level of immaturity if he would have. Instead he gave a small dip of his head A lovely name you have, do you currently belong to a kingdom, or herd? he asked as she seemed to be familiar with these lands, perhaps she didn't even need a home.

oh, where do we begin? the rubble or our sins?
    Yael’s been striking out left and right lately, and it is slightly frustrating. Never more than slightly, for the golden once-queen, now-consort, magician, and mother, would never admit that her failures are more than ‘slightly frustrating.’ Decorum, she always has some ounce of decorum, unless she’s a raging dragon. And then all bets are off.

She looks the same way she always has: doused in gold by Morphine’s magic, adorning herself in the gilded, oversized wings she once earned in her first role as Ambassador, and sporting the only sign that she has (with the Desert Gods’ aid) touched raw magic, which bleached her mane and tail to silver. Silver and gold and the sweet, sweaty spice of the Desert. The only home she’s ever known in B’kanna, and one of the few places she would fight all her demons (and then her mate’s as well) for. Today, the wind is just right, a cool, but not too chilly frontrunner of the despised winter. Today, she matches some of the leave on the trees, and today - today, she is an effervescent mood. Bubbly, congenial, and ready to mix and mingle with the motley crew of the Field.

Really, you must excuse her. When you’ve lived as long as she has, some days are a 10.5 and some days are  1.5, and there is no explanation for either.

Yael lands smack dab in the middle of the Field and takes a moment to look around, before honing in a mare attended by only a single stallion. She seems to hold herself with some confidence, waiting around to gain as many prospects as possible - and her smile - yes, Yael knows that smile. She’s curled her lips in such a way many-a-time. With her wings folded at her sides (and really, almost dwarfing her petite frame), she invites herself into their circle and directs her words towards the mare. “You know t’ere ahr ozer options, yes? You need not bind yourself to a man.” She pauses for a moment, and throws a look to the stallion. Nothing personal, of course. The Desert needs some fresh air. She continues, “I ahm Yael, of ze Desert. Eet ees a pleasure to meet you, Zenzi.” And she smiles, mirroring the mare’s own secret-keeping smile.

Oh, Yael could show her a hundred secrets.

YAEL
    mother, queen, magician

zenzi

The roan male moves closer towards Zenzi as the unnamed one blows off oh so cool and casual. The light brown eyes of the cocoa mare watches as he sashays off and she is not following. Her attention flickers back to Archam. The depths crawl over his mottled form of cream and coffee. He is well muscled and sturdy though he is lacking the choking ego that a lot of stallion's seemed to just exhude.

He inquiries to her situation and this mildly sets the creamed hair mare off. She can not help but sigh deeply as her lids fall over her eyes. Zen is in the field...THE FIELD. He is trying to come off as calm, cool, and collected but Zen doesn't have time for that.

"Let's cut the bullshit." The tones are low as she meets his eyes with her own. The bay creature moves off slightly as she looks to her surroundings. It was not before long that the sun glints off a golden form. It moves towards the pair of equines and Zen can not help but allow her attention to be captured.

The large winged creature lands a bit off. The vibrations of the thud are felt in the mare's limbs as she watches, lips curling when the other equine maneuvers their form to hover between the duo. Zen can now see the pegasus is a mare and this is a pleasant change of pace.

The finely curved hind end pushes off so Zen may meet the other mare. Lobes are trained towards her as the thick accent further catches her attention. "Nice to meet you as well, Yael." The curl of her lips surfaces once again after the short sentence. "What options do I have?" She finishes with a question of her own, genuinely interested in what the brassy woman had to offer. Zen had spent time in herds before but she does not recall a time where she had committed herself to a kingdom.

Even still, Beqanna offers her something new.

Archam

Archam scanned over the dark mare, she was much wiser than some mares, she easily spoke her mind. Her personality was a nice refreshment from the everyday conversations he held in the herd, someone to spice it up. His thoughts were interrupted when the mare said 'Lets Cut The Bullshit' his eyes grew wide at her outburst. But than they relaxed into admiration, he had never met a mare so outspoken, one with such pride to stand up for herself. He would give a response but another mare appeared, gold in color with a silver mane and tail.

She introduced herself as Yael, and offered Zenzi a home in her kingdom, stating she didn't need to bind herself to a stallion. The new mare carried herself with high standards, very proper, she didn't even glance towards Archam. Zenzi's interest quickly went to Yael causing him irritation, he wanted her fresh attitude to join him back in the Cobblestone, he needed to offer his home before she got to wrapped up in Yaels Kingdom.

You needn't bind yourself to me, I am the lead stallion of Cobblestone Creek in the Falls, you are free to be apart of the kingdom as well as my herd He gave a glance to Yael and back to Zenzi, with hope she would still consider his offer in the herd.

oh, where do we begin? the rubble or our sins?
    They always get their panties in a twist when the idea of being more than a brood mare and independent of silly little herd politics is on the table. Her first year was spent in a terribly old-fashioned tribe, where mares could - but rarely did - rise to positions of power. It was the exception, not the rule. Tradition was embedded in everything; from mating, to eating, to worship. Yael has made more of herself here, in B’kanna, than she ever would have in Tzion.

His ire (she can feel it coming off him in soft waves) is more than self-satisfying, though she refuses to let it show. That would just be rude. And Yael may be snarky at times, but she is rarely rude. “Probably all of B’kanna, save ze Tundra, unless you vant even less agency t’en een a xerd. I can personally offer you a place een ze Desert, eef you don’t mind some xard vork…” She neglects, or perhaps simply prefers to throw her own rank around at the moment. She doesn’t need to say she’s a former queen and current consort, has fancy magical powers, or is rather fond of turning into a dragon when she’s angry, in order to impress a recruit. She doesn’t really use her powers that much anyway, unless someone she cares for is being threatened.

She shrugs her dainty shoulders, still paying Archam little mind. “And eef you don’t like eet, you can leave. Easy, no?” She may not find a steadfast lover amidst the dunes (unless Qatar decided to stick around), but she would find that Yael would put her to work if she is so inclined. The time was quickly coming for a change, and the golden mare desperately wanted to leave her home in tip-top shape, and worthy hands.

YAEL
    mother, queen, magician

zenzi

The mare is quite flattered at the offer that is laid out by both. The slight curl of her lips is growing, blooming. Dark pools watch the golden mare with the exotic scent and thick accent. She is catching Zenzi's attention and she notices herself nodding in agreement to the ease of leaving the kingdom if she were not pleased to reside.

The feminine form shifts to look to pretty male. With a rather nonchalant shrug, she gives him a smaller smile. "Sorry, Archam. Maybe we can meet elsewhere soon but for now-" The tapered lips lift in the direction of the glittering woman, "I'm going to check out this kingdom." Surprisingly (even to herself) she is being sincere. The chocolate limbs pivot to draw her the shining pegasus. "Ready when you are." The tones come out low, slightly flat as to maintain the conversations between themselves.

@[Yael] I can post first or you can, whatever you'd like Smile