• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

COME FORTH KIDDIES
    magic comes and magic goes
    (bippity boppity bippity boppity)
    who knows if it's big or how it grows
    but one thing you'll soon find
    It will be in sight and not just mind
    (BIPPITY BOPPITY BOO BOO!)

Before your kingdom comes a tablet - appearing via magic. It's clear that its origin is with the fairies, who can trespass so easily on your sacred land? Who could do so without being seen or caught?
    The tablet reads as such -

MAGIC NEEDS ROOTS
    YOU HAVE ONE (REAL LIFE) WEEK TO DECIDE YOURS

(ooc - basically each kingdom gets one magical entity, like the Dazzling Waterfall's healing river, or the Amazon's tattoos. Because some kingdoms have none we're opening this to each kingdom to chose their own, in case they'd like to change it. This will be permanent. Forever. You're setting the foundation for the future of your kingdom!)
    Errant will have the last say, but since Mountain is -technically- still king here are some ideas I/we have...

-Keep the cave, let it serve as a way to weed out those not loyal to the Tundra
    -Tundras are known to be very windy, so something to do with the wind?
    I also like the cave idea but am 100% open to other ideas as well Smile
    [Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]
    nihlus thinks:

the cave is kind of boring, but it is suiting to the brotherhood. Maybe we could consider also:

-A POLAR BEAR ARMY OH MY LORD YES THIS IS A VERY GOOD IDEA. They could patrol and be commanded and taken to war, but there'd only be one polar bear for every two or three members of the tundra, just to keep life fair and what not.
    -Snowy owls could be incorporated into the caves - once you pass through, a chick is given to your care. If you don't care for it and it dies, then you have proven your disloyalty to the Tundra and you are removed. But if you raise it correctly, it would be a companion and a little messenger or war combatant. This is actually a sweet idea too, wow. go me.
    Polar bears would be so badass!! BUT I worry that's a bit too big? Plus they can be killed/taken, etc, while The Falls and Amazon tats are permanent fixtures.

I honestly think the Cave is the best thing for the Tundra, just my two cents <3
    Simeon - Malyk - Navarro - Idina - Reilly - Triske - Pesky - Smidgen - Zoryn - Briske - Amara - Shona - Damali - Benjemin - Juciphena - Neal - Tatum - Skyfire - Dizorien - Badden - Rokja - Zavage - Silke
    I actually really love the cave and the scarring. It's part of what makes it the Tundra, like the Jungle's tattoos.
    I like the cave and the branding of the Brothers with scars gained through the cave.
    so here's a thought -

we keep the idea of the cave (going through and earning your scars to prove loyalty) but perhaps move the location of the cave.

i've always been in love with dilapidated castles/human settlements and the idea of having like a super old castle in the tundra for characters to interact with sounds super fun. so perhaps where the old human temple/shrine was is now where the brothers get their scars. maybe the humans realized the power in the cave and built their city around it with the temple as the epicenter? also, perhaps there's a wall around the city and the magic of the cave keeps the whole place warm even in winter? so there's like a teeny oasis of warm in the big tundra?

plus that's more than just flat tundra land for us to play with. everyone else has like hills and forests Tongue

edit: this is the kind of overgrowth old city i was picturing
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wKVLEqI4OLY/Tq...G_2781.JPG
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co..._ruins.jpg
    https://ashabroad.files.wordpress.com/20..._41401.jpg
    Cool!!
    Simeon - Malyk - Navarro - Idina - Reilly - Triske - Pesky - Smidgen - Zoryn - Briske - Amara - Shona - Damali - Benjemin - Juciphena - Neal - Tatum - Skyfire - Dizorien - Badden - Rokja - Zavage - Silke
    100% on Board with Kahzie.