• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

COME FORTH KIDDIES
    magic comes and magic goes
    (bippity boppity bippity boppity)
    who knows if it's big or how it grows
    but one thing you'll soon find
    It will be in sight and not just mind
    (BIPPITY BOPPITY BOO BOO!)

Before your kingdom comes a tablet - appearing via magic. It's clear that its origin is with the fairies, who can trespass so easily on your sacred land? Who could do so without being seen or caught?
    The tablet reads as such -

MAGIC NEEDS ROOTS
    YOU HAVE ONE (REAL LIFE) WEEK TO DECIDE YOURS

(ooc - basically each kingdom gets one magical entity, like the Dazzling Waterfall's healing river, or the Amazon's tattoos. Because some kingdoms have none we're opening this to each kingdom to chose their own, in case they'd like to change it. This will be permanent. Forever. You're setting the foundation for the future of your kingdom!)
    Protective wolves/wolf creatures at the Chamberling's command
    Since there was a volcano here - maybe it left something behind, some mini geyser or an eternally burning flame that gives them a temporary thing for a price (burns, or something)
    A bird that can fly out and see what's going on beyond the Chamber - hawk or eagle.

Clearly I'm going with the forest aspect...
    (just saying, the valley has/had -dunno if theyre gone yet- protective wolves patrolling)
    Ok- PROTECTIVE PANTHER ATROXES!!! Hehe. Or not.
    OH! How bout a burning flame (or like an eternally burning tree or fire pit or some such thing) that can portray images (think like in chronicals of Narnia where the goat man played the flute and the fire started forming dancing figures). These can be images of things to come, things that have happened, or things that are happening. It might even be really fun if it didn't always show true images or obviously not always clear (because fire lol). Or like a premonition that isn't accurate because the future is always changing. And I like that Sarah mentioned it could show these things for a price. Either you'd have to give it something, or it would burn you. OH! Blood sacrifice! And based on your characters' intentions, would be what the pit decides to show. Like the hat in harry potter that judges which direction you go based on who you are and whatnot. Or something xD idk, that's my thought.
    Simeon - Malyk - Navarro - Idina - Reilly - Triske - Pesky - Smidgen - Zoryn - Briske - Amara - Shona - Damali - Benjemin - Juciphena - Neal - Tatum - Skyfire - Dizorien - Badden - Rokja - Zavage - Silke
    that would actually be freaking awesome. I thought magic panthor protectors would be SAWEET but then this whole fire thing has got me thinking. I also like the idea of blood sacrifice. And like, spies could come in and try and use it but they'd have to bludgeon themselves or something >Smile

ALSO.
    like how the fall's have a healer (the person who mediates the healing water) we could have a Priest who mediates/interprets the flames. (cough KAVI VOLUNTEERS cough)
    YASS, but think Only Chamberling's blood would work (or potentially allies), so trespassers would have to get a Chamber person's blood in there somehow (use your imaginations Wink ) and that would most likely bring "foul" flames.

I think the priest thing would be great! But not only the priest would be able to interpret the flames. This would make more fun for characters to interpret what they see (and not always see correctly, and such) Big Grin
    Simeon - Malyk - Navarro - Idina - Reilly - Triske - Pesky - Smidgen - Zoryn - Briske - Amara - Shona - Damali - Benjemin - Juciphena - Neal - Tatum - Skyfire - Dizorien - Badden - Rokja - Zavage - Silke
    I love the flame idea. It's really unique and really cool. It could even develop a "personality" of its own! It could also be used as a potential thing to test newcomers - like depending on what they see when they gaze into the flames it could help them choose a caste, etc. I'm also apparently a big fan of oaths of loyalty. SO. Potential newcomers could be required to offer a blood sacrifice and swear loyalty at the flame in order to become a "sworn chamberling" and be able to offer sacrifices in the future?
    Camrynn - Erebor - Wrynn
    I love the fire/blood sacrifices idea, just one thing. I actually really don't like the oaths of loyalty. I mean, the ones for the Jungle/Tundra make sense to a large degree, or are tradition so close enough, I guess. But it limits the character in question to one location for the rest of his or her life, barring some big, dramatic I AM LEAVING decision. I don't know about you guys, but my characters are rarely that invested in their location. Quark was my only exception, and even she would have broken her vows to the Jungle in a heartbeat if her family needed her to. And has no intention of coming back to the Jungle despite swearing her life to it. I love the idea of having a Chamberling, but an oath of loyalty would make me hesitate. Maybe mine just don't like being tied down, I don't know. Just a thought. But yes, the blood sacrifice and sort of capricious flame oracle idea? So cool. :| Makes me want to bring a character in.

Oh, also. A priest would be cool, but like Abby said, it would be a lot of fun to have our characters interpret what they see themselves too. I like the freedom of that, and also it would be a lot of work for the priest if anyone who wanted to use it had to go through him. Also it would slow things down if you couldn't just write a post of the character interacting with the flame and seeing what she needs to see. So some flexibility there would be good, if the priest idea takes hold. ^_^
    I love what Evie said about the "personality" of it, like I had mentioned about the flames judging the character when they sacrifice, and showing them something based on what it sees (whether it's something true or not hehe). So I like the part where newcomers can come in and make their sacrifice and be shown which direction in the castes they might go. At first, I really liked the oath thing too, until I read Sam's input, and I actually agree. The oath thing works for the Tundra and 'Zons, but not sure if it would be best for here?

Ahhhhh I'm so excited for all of this, everyone has such great ideas ☆_☆

Also, it should be impervious to rain and whatnot