• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am a lost boy from neverland; any

I was in the darkness; so the darkness I became.

As the storm starts anew, the clouds building and thunder growing, Topsail smiles. It is a heavy thing, her smile, and though it creases her soft lips it does not reach the tawny brown of her eyes. Lightning flashes over the horizon, silhouetting the lead-colored clouds against the coming of dawn. The resulting electric finds her, fills her to the brim with its implications. Such a storm had brought forth other things; the faeries were angry, and their wrath would not be denied. They had robbed the kingdoms blinded, stripped them down and left them stark naked in the raving storm. Without their security blankets to cling to, they had become little more than mewling children sucking at their thumbs. But Topsail would do no such thing. She was forged of steel and thunder, with lightning coursing through her veins hot as white fire and just as lethal. Not in the literal sense, of course, but hypothetically speaking. She didn’t need sharp teeth to build an empire from rubble.

Lightning flashes caught the other girls gaze, and Topsail found her own image mirrored back to her; delicate like a butterfly, but craving something more than simple nectar. They were like two halves to a whole, comets meeting in the dead of night. “She is simple, isn’t she?” Topsail inquired, her own mind still picking up the easy thoughts of the heaping mammoth filly. The thoughts were so sweet, so primitive in nature and pure of heart. It was maybe something to be envied, but Topsail was far more ambitious than that. Moving carefully, her hooves sinking into the saturated ground, she laid her muzzle on the shoulder of the hulking, hairy child. “Hush little baby, don’t say a word…momma’s gonna find you a mocking bird…” she trilled, using a voice mostly reserved for her own brood. Stepping back, she regarded the mare with smoldering wings. “Care to take a walk?” the grulla asked, already stepping onto a path leading into the forest. She could only assume the other would follow, but if she did not, their means of communication would still allow them to speak freely.

As she walked, she noted the rustling of bedded equines in the forest. Lost to their slumber, they were otherwise unawares of the storm breaking the night stillness. “You know, I’ve not much experimented with my telepathy, other than in the more conventional ways.” she said, her voice tilting upwards with the observation. As their fellow equines slumbered, she was riding the high of the lightning; a dangerous path, perhaps, but she was feeling reckless tonight. “We could, I think, extract their peaceful dreams and replace them. They all seem so innocent, so lost to their own thoughts. A sleeping mind is a vulnerable mind.”. She wasn’t sure entirely where she was going with this, but she was eager to hone her craft all the same. Here, in this dark stormy forest, with a like-minded mare, seemed like the perfect place to do such experiments.

Topsail

Queen of the Valley

ooc - not sure where this is going, but topsail is feeling creepy Smile

Messages In This Thread
    i am a lost boy from neverland; any - by burnt - 07-05-2016, 09:53 PM
    RE: i am a lost boy from neverland; any - by Topsail - 08-11-2016, 11:45 AM