• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Oh my, so many people.. {Any}
    Rhae watched, amused at the girl's various expressions playing across her face. Annie's eyes came alive again as she exclaimed they'd go see her mother now. Rhae was still nervous about meeting her and wasn't sure she'd be accepted. But there was also this odd tranquil feeling taking over her bit by bit. Like she was finding herself again. Her soft gaze locked onto her new friend and she smiled warmly at her. She moved in close, near enough to touch her, and prepared to follow her every step.

There was a gradual shift within her, so gradual she hadn't realized it was happening, until -click- and it was in place. This was it. This was her home. Right here with this filly, or wherever Annie would take them, so long as Rhae had her close by. With this revelation, came a steady calmness, a peace. She was no longer on edge and panicked. She was herself again. Reserved and quiet, but so calm. A slow smile stretched across her face. Content. Happy. It felt right, like the universe had finally lined up where it was supposed to be.

They paused as Annie spoke again, ..we don't actually have a real home. I probably should have admitted that earlier. And her little head lowered, sad or shameful. But Rhae felt good now. She felt like she was home again. She found her little missing piece in an unexpected way, in an unexpected person. And, she thought, even if the girl's herd or family didn't take her in, she didn't think she'd leave Annie's side. Annie was precious, and she'd be a strong independent mare someday. She had a good heart, and Rhae was irresistibly drawn to it. Even though she was so little now, Rhae felt safe at her side. More than safe, she felt strong too. Like a guardian. And she closed her eyes and dipped her head as Annie had, then gently rested her muzzle against her neck.

She breathed in deep and let it out slowly. Home. "I don't mind, Annie. I think everything will work out," she said softly. Rhae brushed against her neck a moment more, then pulled back, her glittering eyes happy and finally at peace. A darkening doubt clouded her eyes briefly as her gaze caught on Annie's wings. One day, she'd fly. And Rhae wouldn't be able to follow her anymore. She wasn't sure she'd be able to keep up if she ran, either. Her defect didn't pain her at all, and it wasn't all that noticeable when she was running, but she still didn't think she'd be able to stay close. Rhae brushed the thought away; she'd cross that bridge when she came to it. She certainly wouldn't allow herself to hold the girl back from her own abilities. She'd just have to learn to let her go. But that wasn't a concern right now.

She smiled again and continued in the direction Annie had been going. "How far was your mother, do you think?" Will she accept me? That one doubt still haunted her. But as long as Annie was happy to have Rhae with her, then she'd find a way to stay with her too.

Rhae

when i feel lost..  i'll search the skies for you

Messages In This Thread
    Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-10-2016, 10:04 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-12-2016, 10:26 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-14-2016, 11:34 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-15-2016, 11:24 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-16-2016, 10:14 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-18-2016, 12:07 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-23-2016, 04:27 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-27-2016, 04:34 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-30-2016, 09:40 PM