• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

who cares if hell awaits? Romek
    She Decided To Start Living The Life She Wanted

He promised them a home, and fun in the snow, whatever snow was. He was so gentle and kind, he was quick to take on the fatherly role they didn't have. Espeon quickly fell in love with him, Durotan certainly loved him on the inside but played hard-ass on the outside. He wasn't mean or anything, just wary for the safety of him and Espeon.

He noted that this was the Tundra, what they presume to be there home. It was beautiful and icy, the twins imagined this white stuff on the ground was snow. Espeon quickly ran into it, it was so cold! Durotan took his time, he got familiar with the fluffy white stuff, some of it melted when he walked on it, while the other compacted into a hoof print. He lowered his head to sniff it, grabbing a bite that quickly melted in his mouth. It was actually very fascinating, he laughed gently before running to catch up with his sister.

He told the twins to go play out in the grass and Espeon nodded Okay daddy she pranced off over to the patch of grass. Durotan looked at Romek and gave a nod of his head and trailed behind his ever so energetic sister. Once the twins reached the grass they played together pulling at each others manes, and running around. They settled down quickly as they grew tired and agreed on grazing until Romek came back for them.

Espeon

ROMEK
    He watches with a smile his children playing and eating the grass. He had never thought that this would’ve been possible, before, this feeling of contentment. He’s used to a growling, insatisfied inside, hungry for…what? Other people? Happiness? But to actually have it, to feel sated, is entirely new for him.

Mari approaches him and he smiles at her warmly, although he is concened at her lack of bubbliness (and he wonders – did I do this? Did I cause the sun to dim?). He is quick to make contact with her, though, pressing his nose to her side and gently nibbling her crest.
    ”Are you okay?” he asks, holding her tight to him, for no reason more than he wants to, and he can. He had been thinking about her a lot, recently, caught himself singing to nobody in particular.

And – he couldn’t deny it anymore.
    As much as he would like to (because it was easy). He liked her. He liked liked her. She was charmingly warm, an unexpected sheen of summersun in this winter kingdom, a glimpse of his old Desert home, only more temperate, more gentle. He found that whatever iceblock of resentment he had been harbouring for too long had been melting – and, of course, how else but through the warmth of his Sun?

”I have something to ask you. It’s important.” his heart thuds in his chest. Could she feel it? He pulls away, to make eye contact with her, to stress the seriousness of this situation.

”Do you see those two foals over there? I adopted them. They’re my children now.” he pauses. ”But children… they need mothers. Will you… raise them with me? It’s a big ask, I know, and it’s a big commitment too, so feel free to say no. That’s absolutely fine.”

His heart hammers in his chest. Yes/no. Yes/no. He prays she puts him out of his misery soon.

fuck all your dreams, they’re not all they seem

<3 <3
    Who cares if hell awaits?
    We're having drinks at heaven's gate.

Oh the small children are absolutely breathtaking! They com bounding around Rom, egging one another on with nips and tugs and jabbing words. The young mare can not help but smile at the pair when they halt before the dark stallion. Mari only leaves her view of the handsome stallion to gaze upon the foals. The boy would grow strong, tall, fearless with the guidance of Romek. The girl would be a classical beauty, lithe and elegant.

Her attention snaps back to the features that she has memorized a thousand times in her mind. The bone structures, the deep set eyes. The way little whiskers sprout on his chin. With the gentlest of tones, though gruff with his masculinity, he speaks to the pair and tells them to go play. Maribel smiles, her eyes dancing shyly as though she may be witnessing a private moment.

"I am okay, Rom." Mari speaks after the foals have taken off to tear around the Tundra, their little legs kicking up a snowstorm. The golden woman feels a reassuring warmth wash over her when he asks, the touch of his skin making her heart leap and somersault excitedly. She relishes in his scent, the caress of his tangled mane snagging against her own. Lashes fall over the blue of her eyes but hs words break the spell.

When he pulls away, Mari looks to him and concern clouds her features. She is scared...more scared than she had ever been. But then...then he asks. Oh his words. His words! The smile to cross her lips was so large that her cheeks hurt. She believes she can feel wetness in her eyes as she begins to nod furiously. Yes, yes Rom! A thousand times yes!" And before she can stop, she is smashing against him, her lips finding his and she does not pull away. Mari moves only to her face to wrap herself around the stallion tightly. "I would want that more than anything, Rom." The words are spoken only for him, lips murmuring against the darkness of his skin as she buries herself in his mane.

M A R I B E L