• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

pardon me, while i burst in flames. || KINGDOM MEETING [MANDATORY]
    Perhaps we knew about the lack of magic just a little quicker with Papa's Darwin going missing. He hadn't been the same since and I don't think he would until he got his familiar back. If he ever did. However, I am cautious as I follow him. Sometimes right at his sides and other times hidden in the background. Even if it was a bit harder to hide when you are a dark black amongst a bright white landscape. I was lucky, because Papa didn't do a whole lot and Rowling generally kept to his side.

However, I follow at his sides, my wings brushing against his barrel as we make our way to the King's call. So far I liked the Tundra, having seen and met more people than before in the Dale. I would have to see about finding more friends, once I could assure myself that Papa would be okay if I left him alone. So many speak and I just am quiet at my Papa's side. I lean into him for comfort and warmth. But I have nothing to say, not quite yet so I am content to just listen and watch.

-------------------------

I have yet to apologize to my family for my atrocious behavior, but when Dad calls I make my way slowly to the cave where his call had originated from. I stay at the back, hidden amongst the shadows. I listen, carefully, had heard all that he said, had felt the lack of magic in the air change our home. Tiny little Ashr speaks up, and she makes me smile.

And Mom, with our new sibling. My heart still hurts. Would I ever meet her?
    Perhaps my heart would never stop hurting because I would never be able to let it heal.

I don't say anything. I don't even come out of hiding. Instead I merely listen. I promise myself I will watch the caves at night. I will watch the caves and the patrols Dad puts in place from afar, keeping an eye on them even as they keep an eye on the cave.
    LET ME IN THE WALL YOU'VE BUILT AROUND.
    WE CAN LIGHT A MATCH, AND BURN IT DOWN.

His eyes watch with heavy scrutiny, observing the many movements and various ticks of the males and females that linger before him. His heart swells within his chest with each throbbing thump as it batters against his sore rib cage; he could not be more humbled by the sight of so many. Their eyes (brown, blue, and every color in between) remain steady on him, and in turn, he connects his searing red eyes with their own. He listens quietly to the lofty silence that lingers in between as the icy breeze drifts through the canyon, sliding between his heavy, matted locks and soothing his warm skin.

A voice rises above the crowd, and he observes the source at last. A familiar face with an unfamiliar voice, but one he had seen his daughter take quite a liking to. Romek. His eyes are soulful and Offspring can feel his heart ache at the way his muscles tense upon hearing the heavy burden of terrible news; he knows with some certainty that many before him might have some sort of connection to the arid, dry desert land and as a result, would suffer anguish from the immense loss of it. "It is an unfortunate truth. The heavy weight of war and discontent have stirred the Gods, and as a result, the Deserts have now perished into the sea. There is nothing but the ocean tide remaining."

He pauses, sincerely willing a soulful but wordless apology to the spotted male, before moving his attention to his second-in-command. His expression is often displeasure, something he had noted had lingered too long, though now it is one of concern. Offspring alone was King, and in turn, he alone would make difficult decisions - though he cherished the companionship shared between he and Brynmor, he did not owe any answers, nor did he owe any apology. He did, however, need to speak with him to further discuss what lay ahead - and he would, in due time.

"Josie and Maribel will travel to the Jungle, and I will accompany them." He pauses, giving his color-changing Maribel a warm uptick of a smile. It is faint, but he knows she will see it all the same. 

His heart swells once more at the sight of his precious daughter Eione, a petite creature nestling into her stunning mother's shoulder, and the bay sabino his heart aches to be near to. There are no words to describe how he feels, caught in the moment - in spite of it all, Isle stands beside him as she always had, giving herself to him in a way that he would have never asked her to. The moment remains heavy as he contemplates his words, but Ianto speaks then and he gives a solemn nod. "I agree with Ianto, and I would appreciate the time given to her. She is a worthy and capable opponent for any - and her children need her here," A heavy breath exits his tired lungs. "and she is in no condition yet to travel."

"Ianto and Isle, you will take dawn and Romek and Brynmor will take dusk, until Vaughan returns. Rael Fire and Real Fire can alternate with each to provide adequate time for rest and self-sustenance." 

"Vaughan, the livelihood of our kingdom rests heavily on the shoulders of our soldiers. Without watch, our runes could potentially be ruined and without them, our lands will perish. I trust you to take care in traveling to our allies. I know that you will ensure the task is cared for and completed. And no, I think I'd sooner let you freeze." He says, eyes alight with mirth. It is too easy to allow the weariness to set in and to forget to let humor have its place. It is a welcome reprieve. The potential that lies within the once troublesome male is overtly overwhelming; he knows that he is both capable and resourceful. Vaughan proves himself with each waning day.

"Brynmor, I will have you stay. Though I know that you are immensely capable, I believe that I should be the one to engage in this delicate diplomacy matter. I will need you to stand in my place in my absence."

A young, quivering filly quakes with excitement as she bursts at the seams with a raw energy he has not seen in some time, and he cannot withhold the deep chuckle from rumbling in his throat. His eyes soften and he watches her with a delicate fondness - a soft spot for youth, to be certain. He longs for the days lost to him in seeing his own children vibrate with such fervor; Lieschel, Argo and Neverwas come to the forefront of his mind. Precious children, each of them, regardless of the youth that has begun to escape them as the features become more defined and their innocence lost to the world.

"Yes, young one. Perhaps Romek would be willing to extend his company to you. A second pair of eyes can be helpful in keeping watch." He muses softly, before sweeping his gaze across those who remain before him, stewing over his words in silence or murmuring gently to those around them. "If there are any other questions, speak now - I thank you for your time."
    OFFSPRING

THE FIRE AND ICE KING OF THE TUNDRA

TLDR:

Brynmor is in charge while Offy is off to the Jungle. Big Grin

Josie and Maribel will go to the Jungle to meet Lexa with Offspring.
    I will post for them tomorrow (7/31).

Vaughan will travel to the Valley and to the Chamber to set up mocks with the allies.
    Romek, Ianto and Isle will take primary guard - Rael Fire and Real Fire will aid in taking guard as well. 
    Ashr can tag along (this can all be referred to in posts; it doesn't require actual action or a stand-alone post).
    Ianto will help Isle to learn defensive mechanics. 

Graeme is adorable, and Lieschel and Weir both will be getting a post from Offspring soon (and their presence is noted).  Heart

Any questions, PM me. Smile

I know you're trying to fight when you feel like flying.
    I should have answered the call sooner. Should have come the moment my king’s voice rang out across the Tundra, summoning us to gather together again. Only hours since the magic was drained from the land, since the initiation that crashed to a halt before I could enter the cave and come out a Brother. I kept up a brave face for as long as I could, but I needed a breath, needed a moment to retreat into a different cave and curl up in the dark.

The Tundra hadn’t rejected me. She had been calling, had been beckoning me forward to face the initiation and take my place among the men and women of the Tundra. I hadn’t failed my father. I had tried. It was a fluke of timing, a tragic little coincidence that I could never face the cave’s magic and come through it stronger, braver, bolder.

Not about you. Never was.

But I’m a wreck, always have been, from the moment my birth mother saw me and decided I wasn’t worth the effort. And I needed a minute to fall apart in peace, to close my eyes in the dark and watch the blood I didn’t shed flowing from my veins onto the cave floor only in my mind, a sacrifice I didn’t get to make to the magic of the Tundra. Not a rejection, or at least not of just me. If anything it was a rejection of all of us.

Nothing personal. Never was.

Still, it took me a while to put myself back together. So the meeting is already drawing to a close when I arrive and add my presence to the already large crowd. I don’t go to anyone, not even Mom and my new baby sister. Not that I don’t think I’d be welcome...it would just be too easy to curl in on myself and avert my gaze, to look weighed down by failure and shame instead of standing tall and taking a step forward and speaking clearly, my eyes on my father.

“I can help guard the cave as well. If...if you want.” I can’t quite avoid the lingering note of insecurity in my voice, but I at least manage not to look away like a coward. I couldn’t make amends, couldn’t make him proud by walking through the cave. But perhaps in helping to guard it I can at least begin to try.
    If you love me, don't let go.

((Sorry this is terrible and late. XD <3))
    Who cares if hell awaits?
    We're having drinks at heaven's gate.

He father's voice is always within her hearing. He rumbled like a distant thunderstorm brewing on the horizon. The palomino lass is not far off from where he summons the Tundra residents (Tundranites?) and she finds her limbs lifting easily to cover the vast iciness. She is practically skipping across the grounds and sees others doing the same. A smile is catching her lips and curling them as she offers small nods in greeting as the forms of other equines lay up ahead.

Maribel makes it in time to listen to her father's words. Lobes are flickering when he name is passed between his lips to go to the Jungle along with Josie and her heart is bursting with giddy excitement. She would make her father proud and do what she must to gain favor of the Jungle. Blue pools dart over to the sweet face of Josie and the smile broadens on her lips.

As she begins to blend, she searches the crowd to familiar faces.

Josie, Mom, Nevi, Weir, and even Romek.

The honey form moves to slip along Rom and allowing for a little bump to his should in greeting though she remains silent whilst listening to Offprisng speak to the kingdom.

M A R I B E L

it's short but wanted to show face! <3<3