• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Winter's End
    Vida wanted to fight back, but knew the stallion was right. Damn it all, why did she have to open her big mouth?

As the stallion continued to speak, Vida found herself started. Her, a liability? Was he serious? Was he seriously insulting her like that? What in the hell was wrong with these horses? Why were they continuing to insult her?

Yet she kept her mouth shut. She waited until the stallion finished talking. Her, a use in war? Perhaps; she wasn't a fan of words anyway, considering they always came out wrong. Hmm, she might have a chance here yet.

Keeping her gaze firmly on the stallion, Vida spoke once he was done, "I may not come off as such, considering how this situation has gone so far, but I am loyal to my brothers, sisters, and my home. I will gladly give my life to protect them. I show respect to those who earn it. Considering you have stuck up for your kingdom member here," she motioned to the other stallion - now known as Romek - "that you've started earning it from me, so I will show it to you. Respect is something to be given, and earned. I try to do better, especially for those who show me they deserve my respect. I am loyal enough that I will make a good warrior for your kingdom. And if not, then by all means, you reserve the right to personally throw me out.

"Also, because I feel like I should, I apologize for crossing your border without any horse alerting to my presence.

"Is there a deal we can strike perhaps?" Vida asked.