• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE/MANDATORY
    Johnathen Whatches, no stares at the other hirses from the mother tree. He's always loved it here, so peaceful and calm. He steps forward, feeling the tension in the air growing a little tighter.
    "I apologise if I am interupting, but I feel as though I have a say in this," he let his eyes glance about for a minute,"My name is Johnathen. And while I know little about politics, I have to agree with Ellyse. If you won't visit the kingdoms yourself, why would they want to partner with a king they don't know? I wish to know more about you before I say yea or neigh." Johnathen looks at the few members that are here. His dark coat shimers, frost coating it and the sun making it melt.

OOC: Sorry I'm late an that this is so awefull. Sad
    If I Cannot Move Heaven

The man has little to offer them as a king, this is all new to him. This feeling of dedication to a-his kingdom pulses through every limb in his body and, it actually feels good. As if he has a real sense of meaning rather than upholding the noble duty of protecting his mate and children, now he had to protect a whole kingdom. 

His muscles become tense, as those who disapprove of his rule continue to rebut. He feels he answered all of their questions but, they still ask of what he has to offer them. His smokey lobes swivel as his gaze meets every single body pondering shortly, "I have little to nothing to offer you as king other than my dedication and my life." Zeik never though he would find himself to be a king, of all things. Nor would he swear his life into a kingdom, in his past he seeked a more quiet life with a small herd. Nothing too major compared to a kingdom but, here he was doing the something that he considered an unlikely future for himself. 

He is silenced by the flap of wings and the settling of little toes on his back. A familiar chip enters the atmosphere and Zeik can't help but, smile. Turning his head towards his lover he nuzzles her cobalt cheek. "Feli." He whispers. "Yes-well I think I have what it takes." He mutters silently allowing a pastel indigo eye to linger upon Magnus. Perviously he had came- stayed in Heavens because of Felinae, she kept him grounded rather than allowing him to abandon ship. He had watched Heavens go through two rulers in a matter of two years. He couldn't just sit there and watch as another foolish soul seeking power decided he or she was worthy to take the throne. She deserved better than a power hungry soul, she deserved someone who seeked her as a sanctuary. He didn't over hear Magnus in conversation, it was a little plan he had constructed out of his own parchment but, perhaps he wasn't the only one thinking of Heavens as a sanctuary in her future. If Magnus had the same idea then Zeik should have him by his side, aid him in his rule, make Heavens as she should be. A refuge, a sanctuary.

"Magnus, if you indeed see the same future of Heavens as a sanctuary as I do, then I'd like to have you as my Advisor. You can aid me in setting Heavens on the correct track."  He husks his gaze meeting the buckskin stallion. As for envoys, he had seemed to forget one little detail of adding himself into the mix. Shaking his head Zeik added, "Ellyse, Johnathen." He tastes their names briefly before continuing. "I've seemed to forget myself. Of course I'll tag along with the envoys." The speak of him as foolish as a blind mouse, to politics. He knows how kingdoms work he just never delved this deep before into the matter. The blue roan man raises his voice, "I may not be worth your loyalty. It's true I've been as absent as Wyrm. I've neglected visits in the field but, rather than standing by and watching Heavens remain in an eternal slumber. I actually did something, unlike many of you. I stepped up without questions. I do not seek power. No, I seek a means of peace for her and the surrounding kingdoms. So she can be a refuge, a safe haven to all equine. No matter their origin or kingdom." He pauses allowing his eyes to linger upon each and every one of them.

"Currently, my plan to achieve our peace starts with not just myself. But every single one of you will venture out alongside me and we will offer each kingdom an olive branch, an alliance. A treaty if necessary." From there Zeik needed the aid of Magnus, he had no back up plan. Only part A was built while the other pieces were being manufactured by his people. "Magnus, do you have any thoughts to add on?" He silences himself."As well are there any volunteers for envoys for the surrounding kingdoms?" The man pauses allowing his eyes to rest on Felinae tossing her a reassuring smile, he was dedicated and prepared for whatever would be thrown at him.

I Will Raise Hell

Took forever to make up my mind but here it is Tongue

we carry these things inside that no one else can see
    they hold us down like anchors; they drown us out at sea

Magnus did not get angry easily. His entire youth had been a lesson in the dangers of his temper—the way it could get away from you like a wildfire on dry brush. He had paid the price of it before and the memories were still branded on him, their marks vicious and cruel—teeth that sunk into flesh and never let go. So he did not allow himself to speak much further, not yet. Instead his gold-flecked eyes just continued to smolder and spark, the tangled length of his forelock doing little to hide their slow burn.

All of this was too familiar. Thrones being passed to those who had not sweat and bled for the kingdom; thrones being used as a pawn in someone’s game. The memory of it made him flinch, his flesh contracting violently as he continued to stare at Zeik, a thunderstorm brewing beneath his normally calm exterior.

Finally, he took a step forward, talking to Zeik one-on-one, the rest of his kingdom mates fading into the background. “You claim you are doing something for this kingdom. That you are doing what we could not.” He scoffed, mouth pulling downward. “You seek to rule this place and do so by insulting those who stand before you. Those who have recruited and fought and lived here far longer than you. You dare insinuate that only you of those before you were willing to stand up and do something for the kingdom.”

He shook his heavy-jawed face, scarred lips pulling into a deep scowl.

“Then, you claim you do so not for power. Yet you ask that we call you King.”

The laughter that followed was as harsh as a bullet, unsticking from his mouth and piercing the air. It had been a long while since he had given into this side of him, since he had allowed himself to feel the fury that now rolled through his veins, as thick as smoke. “I will continue to serve the Gates, as I always have. I will continue to do what I can for this kingdom and its inhabitants.” He stepped back, nodding at the others around them in acknowledgment before settling his gaze on the stallion, breath rattling from his lungs.

“But, believe me when I say this, Zeik: you are no King of mine.”

Then, before he lost all control, he turned and left the gathering.

magnus

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

i swallow my doubt, turn it inside out - find nothing but faith in nothing.

Irritation begins to seethe and simmer beneath the surface of her clenched jaw and fierce eyes, though she swallows the acrid bitterness to the pit of her stomach. She is blinded by what festers within her stewing mind, the heavy gears turning as she bides carefully over her words - she knows what such bold language could result in, but the finely preened feathers that line her heavy wings begins to bristle as the muscles beneath her golden skin fill with a slowly building tension. It takes everything within her not to strike at him verbally; his sneer and authoritative tone are nothing more than disrespectful fodder and if she had hackles to stir within her esophagus, it would rumble loudly enough for all to hear for miles.

Alas, she is suddenly jarred from her defensive stance, her firmly wrought brow raising - perplexed. The heavy tenor of Magnus' smooth, svelte voice rumbled with a ferocity she had not heard before, and she could not hide the faint tug of a wry grin pulling at her whiskered mouth. A shiver of delight runs along the course of her spine, and she is drawn to him all the more - his words are firm, his passion and conviction evident, and his humorless, unsettling laughter is enough to send tremors through the firm ground below. Breathlessly, her observant gaze watches as his chin dips just slightly to acknowledge those surrounding, but with finality in his thick tone, he turns and heedlessly leaves.

Her gaze lingers too long on him as he retreats, before her own heavy, soulful eyes peer onto that of her King.

"You are tactless, and insulting - you claim to not seek power, and now you tell us where each of us will go? No, your Majesty," And such a lonely title it will be to behold. "I will be no envoy of such spineless absurdity.  I do not seek the throne; I care not for useless proverbial trinkets - but to claim none of us care the way that you do? A strange way to enlist our loyalty. I yearn for life to stir here, but I will not be disrespected. I have had enough."

She says little else, turning cheek and moving seamlessly through the delicately swaying grasses.

Ellyse

Sahm had kept quiet through most of the gathering thus far. He too was not pleased with what was occurring. First Zeik seemed to ignore the objections before him and then he seemed demanding when instructing where each of “his subjects” should go. It wasn’t like Sahm to cause conflict, to disagree, or grow angry. He had lived in silence within the Gates most of his life. When Zeik spoke of sanctuary Sahm could detect the honesty in his voice- but to Sahm his actions and other words played as giant contradictions. For the first time in a long time Sahm did not feel the Gates to be one of safety and peace, but rather one of disorder. Their proclaimed King was resting on a title rather than humbly accepting the displeasure of his kingdom. To Sahm anyone who understood the Gates would know that it had grown tired of kings “stepping up”. It was time for a Counsel to “step up” for lovers and devoted members of the kingdom to elect a king or rather simply come together to restore the name of the Gates. If a sanctuary was truly the goal then perhaps a monarchy was not the answer.

Sahm had grown lost in his thoughts, which diminished his possibility of speaking out during the second round of conversation. Luckily Magnus had taken the words out of his mouth. It seemed as though Zeik had ignored the females that had gathered before him- This was utterly unacceptable to Sahm. His head rose high and he nodded in agreement with Magnus. Next Ellyse, the spitfire, breathed fiery words, which simply caused a slight smile to breeze across his lips. She made equally valid words as anyone else. It was then that Sahm would have spoken his enthused agreement, but Zeik spoke first and the heated Sahm settled back and listened.

The supposed king first elected to say that he had little to offer the kingdom, and went on to offer an advisory position to Magnus. Although Sahm agreed with giving Magnus a title in the kingdom it seemed foolish of Zeik to not realize his blunder. Clearly Magnus HAD something to offer the kingdom as king- why the hell wouldn’t he have the title. Sahm snorted at the proclamation. Zeik then went on to insult the core of who Sahm was- saying that he did something when no one else would. How could Zeik not realize that the kingdom needed someone to step up and recruit- not step up and proclaim power. Magnus had stepped up. Even Sahm had made a field visit as well as a kingdom visit. There were better ways to show love for a kingdom.

Magnus once again was the first to address Zeiks new speech, and like before Sahm wholly agreed. Though the conversation was meant to be more private Sahm’s ears perked and out of respect for the elder stallion he listened closely to each word Magnus chose. Ellyse took voice next with equal ferocity as before. She was right to exclaim discontent and anger. Sahm was growing tired as well of the empty conversation and answers Zeik was spewing.

With the gathering down two important inhabitants Sahm finally took the opportunity to say something. ”Well you have definitely pissed off the wrong horses. I too do not find you to be fitted for your self-proclaimed title.” He sighed, his words not filled with anger or spite. ”As the guardian of the gates I will always remain, but until you are king in spirit and not just in title I will not serve you. You must win over the inhabitants in action, not words.” A pause. ”Besides your words suck.” He shrugged, and then disappeared from the proceedings.
    sahm
    the inexperienced, quiet magician of the gates