• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE/MANDATORY

Sahm was quietly practicing his magic amongst tall grasses toward the eastside of the Gates. He was attempting to spring water from a single, circular rock that lied lifeless next to his hoof. His eyes focused heavily on the solid object, and his mind wandered intentionally to thoughts of rain, river, and sea. His mouth grew dry, and he tapped the rock gently in hope. It took mere moments for a single layer of moisture to shield the rock, but the dew-like cover did not relate to the fountain like water propulsion Sahm was imagining. He sighed. ”Aww carbuncles.” He muttered to himself. Sahm was growing stronger each day- he could now teleport, but his gift was definitely more difficult to control then he had originally thought.

In frustration Sahm settled back. The Gates had formed a habit of cycling through kings. Sahm had grown tired of the constant rotation. He didn’t even try to introduce himself anymore. Eventually the king would disappear and another would take his place. Sahm’s job was to simply protect the essence of the Gates. He hid amongst the shadows, chatted with the deer, and rarely emerged to speak with any other wandering inhabitants. The Gates was quiet, and Sahm was equally as quiet.

Normally Sahm would not have dismissed his afternoon session, but his heightened senses had picked up on an interesting discussion. It sounded like another horse was proclaiming his right as king. Sahm laughed to himself with a gentle shake of his head. The endless stream of kings seemed never ending- but this time the self-proclaimed royal did not run unopposed. It was time for Sahm to hold even an ounce of his mothers strength.

In an instant Sahm appeared beside the group. ”Oh…hello guys…” He muttered while he caught his footing. ”I guess it is time for the Gates to come alive again. My name is Sahm” He glanced toward his constantly shifting front left hoof. ”I’ve been around….” He looked back up before speaking again. “It does seem like the mantle of king hasn’t meant much over the last few years. So I am not sure it really matters.”

sahm
    the inexperienced, quiet magician of the gates

Messages In This Thread
    RE: From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE - by magnus - 08-01-2016, 02:05 AM
    RE: From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE/MANDATORY - by Ellyse - 08-01-2016, 10:29 PM
    RE: From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE/MANDATORY - by Sahm+Newton - 08-05-2016, 03:34 PM
    RE: From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE/MANDATORY - by Ellyse - 08-08-2016, 11:37 PM
    RE: From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE/MANDATORY - by Ellyse - 08-17-2016, 01:55 AM