• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE/MANDATORY

i swallow my doubt, turn it inside out - find nothing but faith in nothing.

Kena's tone is an assault to her own hearing, and Ellyse has to tense her jaw tightly in order to hide the evident cringe lingering beneath her attempted stoicism. Such sticky sweetness is nauseating, at best, and listening to the uptick of her voice at the end of each emphasized word is enough to leave her feeling ill. A wry laughter emerges from her lungs as her eyes, fiery and yet with endless depth, set intently upon the haughty female, and she contemplates for a long moment how it might feel to pull, twist and manipulate her fragile bones from within her body. Albeit a slightly improper thought, it stirs amusement to the surface rather than the intense irritation simmering beneath the surface.

"Magnus is a name etched into the markings of history; and Zeik is .. I apologize, who are you, exactly?" A humorless chuckle rumbles from within her throat as she tugs her thick alabaster plumage tightly to her sides. "I have little to gain either way. I merely seek to see the kingdom thrive, and will it beneath Zeik? I have not seen him venture even once outside of these walls, as Magnus does with the dawning of each day."

Her heavy gaze shifts away from her at last, observing the quiet and rather reserved magician as he approaches. He is humble, gentle - there is a kindness beneath his exterior, albeit a lack of confidence. Alas, Sahm too has remained even after the dust had settled upon their empty and dying land, and for that she has little to argue. "I disagree. I think it matters very much. Who ascends the throne will set the pace. What effort has Zeik made? A fixture of the shadows, as you and I have been. He is an unknown. A wild card. How will that benefit us at all? We have had two unknowns take the helm previously - our potential allies would not agree so easily to an alliance, or even neutrality, with no experience to base it off of." She murmurs irritably, her mind lingering on Tannor - the immature boy's abandonment still burns beneath her skin, and forgiveness would not come swiftly.

"As they say, burn me once, shame on you; burn me twice, shame on me." A snort. Her eyes raise as Heartfire approaches, her feminine yet imposing form taking its place among them. She is radiance and confidence, and curiosity sets in as she listens carefully to her cryptic words. Ellyse falls quiet for a moment as she speaks, wisdom in her words and yet her youth gives her away. Yet again, a nameless one. A lack of identity leads to a lack of weight in words.

"He is attempting to take the throne - is that not good reason to question his motives?" Her mouth grimaces slightly, though she flatters her expression into a thin and narrow line, listening as Zeik raises his voice once more.

Again, her rich yet dry laughter breaks through the tension, eyes wild again. "How very regal of you to ignore the questions asked of you. Your idea of a sanctuary, of a refuge - words many of us have already heard Magnus say. Unoriginal. You come to us and ask us to determine whether or not you should be deemed fit to rule, and yet ignore dissension?"

At last, a sigh emerges from her lungs, her deep eyes searching Zeik's imploringly. "Tell us your plan. No one will accept peace after what has occurred here, with or without a new ruler. What loyalty can we promise?  You intend to ascend the throne and neglect to visit the rulers of potential allies and enemies personally? None of them will agree to any of it without knowing you first. You must be the one to reach out, to ensure them of your plan and intentions, not simply send us in your place. We are not sheep - we will not follow blindly, Zeik. To assume so is foolish on your behalf."

Ellyse

Messages In This Thread
    RE: From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE - by magnus - 08-01-2016, 02:05 AM
    RE: From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE/MANDATORY - by Ellyse - 08-01-2016, 10:29 PM
    RE: From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE/MANDATORY - by Ellyse - 08-08-2016, 11:37 PM
    RE: From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE/MANDATORY - by Ellyse - 08-17-2016, 01:55 AM