• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Hate That I Love You |Warlight|
    Warlight

Soul as sweet as blood red jam

Clayton grows suddenly cautious as she expresses the frustration she is feeling. He lets the silence stretch and the furrow in her stubborn brow deepens, especially as look changes from that of a scolded colt to something closer to anger. By the time he finally moves to break the silence he is visibly bristling and she braces herself for the worst. 

I just don't know why you like him, do you tell him the same thing about me? He isn't very nice when I'm around.

"Well, I do like him whether you understand it or not," Will retorts defensively.  "And I don't have to tell him the same thing about you, he never mentions you with a scowl like that on his face."

But when he next speaks her nickname his look has already changed again, soft and questioning as he pleads to be able to help her. 

"I don't need help, Clay." Her reply comes quickly, too quickly she realizes how ridiculous it probably sounds coming from someone who looks like she looks now. But she doesn't backpedal. She wanted Clayton to be her friend, not her hero, and he was the only one complicating the friendship in her eyes. 

"I still care for you, Clay, it's just hard to have fun with you like we used to when every time we see each other you're attacking me for having another friend." She shakes her head, feeling like they have reached a sort of stalemate. She had already told him she wanted to be friends again too, just a minute ago. Did he want her to swear off ever seeing Raul again? Probably. But she had lived her last three years without worrying if her actions pleased others and she wasn't about to stop now. 

"Can we just put this behind us?" The antlered girl's tone softness to match his, despite her previous head-on approach. "I like spending time with you. I like spending time with him... and I just don't see why those two things have to be exclusive."

[Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I Hate That I Love You |Warlight| - by Clayton - 01-01-2019, 08:42 PM
    RE: I Hate That I Love You |Warlight| - by Warlight - 02-05-2019, 07:18 PM