• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Unloved, undetermined -- Kavi
    Do you believe you're missin' out?
    That everything good is happening somewhere else?

She trembles more than she ought to. My lips travel to her trembling skin and kiss them into stillness, breathing warm air over her tense muscles. I have been walking for what seems to be years, lost in Beqanna's many hiding places; she is the one who called me back to the light. She need not tremble; she need not let her blood run too quickly. I am here now, I am hers. My white eyelashes tangle with her besilvered locks, but I don't mind. Every part of her is worthwhile. Every fiber a gift.

I feel the warmth of her breath vividly as she whispers her secrets into my body. My heart breaks at the implications of her words, and I clutch her all the tighter. She needs to know that I forgive her - that I was never angry - that I was afraid too, but now, I am committed. The footprint I have set on this land may be larger than hers, but that does not mean there is room for both of ours to grow in unison. To leave another mark, new, and fresh. I kiss her again.

"That was then," I murmur, feeling the heat of her - sensual. "Tonight, we have forever."

Her darling eyes sparkle with a life that I crave and treasure. In the next moment, as I ask of my daughter, she seems almost to faint - I move to catch her, but it passes quickly, and before I know it, Insignificance is laughing. For a moment I can't decipher whether it is a sad laugh or a happy one, but in the next moment, my lopsided smile has extended into a grin that wrinkles my face jovially. I reach out and lip her laughing mouth, our mirth mixing together; breathtaking.

Kagerus, she whispers. My gut clenches sickly at her name. My baby girl.

Because she found me. The tension releases. She is safe somewhere - close.

Because she is family. Tears spark without warning in my amber eyes, and spill over just as more laughter tumbles from my mouth. I cannot believe this - any of it - the chances, the luck, my luck. She grins right  back at me, as delighted as I am in this turn of events, in this stitching together of frayed ends into a satisfying, fulfilling endpoint. Peace, for both of us, is nigh.

"Insignificance," I saw huskily, over come by emotion and endless gratitude. "My darling girl," I reach out for her, draw her into me once more. "All is well now. The darkness has fled." I kiss her withers, caress her wounded skin, embrace the passion mounting between us. On my skin, a new image: of my daughter and this mare, side by side, and myself with them. A family. I do not know if Insignificance sees the portrait - but she doesn't need to. In my heart, I know she feels it. It does not need to be seen.

"I love you, darling. I've got you; you're safe."

KAVI
    Kagerou x Rhaego

Messages In This Thread
    Unloved, undetermined -- Kavi - by Insignificance - 12-22-2017, 05:55 PM
    RE: Unloved, undetermined -- Kavi - by Kavi - 12-23-2017, 01:26 AM
    RE: Unloved, undetermined -- Kavi - by Kavi - 12-27-2017, 12:17 AM
    RE: Unloved, undetermined -- Kavi - by Kavi - 12-31-2017, 08:38 PM
    RE: Unloved, undetermined -- Kavi - by Kavi - 01-12-2018, 11:26 PM