• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Insignificance.
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    In truth, I don't have the slightest clue as to where I would be if I hadn't run into this mare that day on the river. Whatever force of the universe called me from my thicket was a truly good one, one to which I owe never ending gratitude - for she and I both have grown leagues since that day. We no longer stumble over our words, and our eyes meet like the wind meets the leaves: naturally. She is the reason I am at all - and something tells me that I am the reason she is, too.

I've grown fond of my Sig. Enormously so.

She nudges me playfully and I grin, awkward in the presence of her newfound happiness, but reveling in it passionately at the same time. So much has happened in such a short time - my eyes go again to her widening middle - that it's good, it truly is good, just sometimes I can't handle it with the grace that most adults can.

I shuffle my feet in a sort of girlish dance at her approval of the land, and at her next remark - that it is I she calls home - I bounce towards her and tussle her mane, affection radiating from my every pore. "Oh hush, you big sap." I look around us again, eyes wide in wonder, squished warmly into her side. "It's perfect here and that has nothing to do with me." And it is - the mountains are picturesque, the wisteria breathtaking, and the lake that I've found on my previous journeys here - well, suffice to say, I cannot wait to share it with my companion.

Family, for me, was an important part of growing up (despite the fact that I only truly had my father) - I never knew my namesake, grandmother Kagerou, but I heard enough of her to give me countless tales to spin for any who might listen. I met my uncle Rodrik and cousin Straia, and although they had far different outlooks on life than my father and I, I loved them fiercely. Most of all, though, I long for my father. Sig has been the antidote to my disease, but symptoms of the sickness plague me still. I miss him terribly.

Her laugh is startlingly beautiful, one that inspires a sort of jubilance in all who hear it. I cock a brow at her playfully, but it dissolves instantly and figures itself into my own unique expression of mirth, my abashedness lost in the face of how well she received my jibe. I nip at her mane and tug slightly at her "oh, him;" what a silly, flippant woman she is. I grin widely at her, impatient for her to tell me more about her prince charming.

Another quizzical expression crosses my face at her teasing, toying words, though a smile wiggles its way into the picture with ease. "What on earth are you getting on about, you little minx?" Who do I know that would love to be with me, of all people? Shy, worthless, normal little me? I roll my eyes playfully.

"You're full of it, Sig. And obviously I want to meet him - that's the whole point of this!" I toss my head widely in the direction of the kingdom in front of us, eager to explore its every curve and crevice. Then, I look squarely at her stomach, before lifting my gaze back to her face and smirking broadly. "Babies need homes, you know." I step closer to her and nuzzle her belly affectionately, my heart race hiking up happily - I want to meet this baby so so bad, probably even worse than she does - or at least, that's how it feels.

"It's me, baby," I sing-song to her tummy, "Aunt Rou!"

As I stand, making games with the unborn life growing neatly within my companion, a figure comes into sight not far off- but I don't notice him, too distracted with my games.

A happy, happy day this shall turn out to be.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

So I'll introduce Kavi in my next post, but you can powerplay him in yours!! Call him over and he'll come over, he'll probably embrace Kag first and then kiss Niffers - whatever you're comfortable with is fine with me!! <3 <3
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Insignificance. - by Kagerus - 01-05-2018, 02:24 PM
    RE: Insignificance. - by Insignificance - 01-08-2018, 01:28 PM
    RE: Insignificance. - by Kagerus - 01-13-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: Insignificance. - by Insignificance - 01-13-2018, 05:52 PM
    RE: Insignificance. - by Kagerus - 01-18-2018, 01:12 AM
    RE: Insignificance. - by Insignificance - 01-20-2018, 07:16 PM